LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Moon's 2016 Early Mock Draft

• 9moon
  • Veteran
It's never too early to begin or think about next year's upcoming draft!! Below is the list (non playoff teams) which order is based on the 2015 draft.

ENJOY!!!

1) Tampa Bay - Robert Nkemdiche; DT - Ole Miss

2) Tennessee - Ron Stanley; OT - Notre Dame

3) Jacksonville - Sua Cravens; FS - USC

4) Oakland - Vernon Hargreaves III; CB - Florida

5) Washington - Joey Bosa; DE - Ohio State

6) NY Jets - Tyler Boyd; WR - Pitt

7) Chicago - Christian Hackenberg; QB - Penn State

8) Atlanta - Shawn Oakman; DT - Baylor

9) NY Giants - Shilique Calhoun; DE - Michigan State

10) St Louis - Jared Goff; QB - CAL

11) Minnesota - Emmanuel Ogbah; DE - Ok State

12) Cleveland - Gunner Kiel; QB - Cincy

13) New Orleans - Myles Jack; LB - UCLA

14) Miami - LaQuon Treadwell; WR - Ole Miss

15) San Francisco - Kendall Fuller; CB - VATech

16) Houston - Jalen Ramsey; FS - FSU

17) San Diego - Laremy Tunsil; OT - Ole Miss

18) Kansas City - Spencer Drango; OT - Baylor

19) Buffalo - Jack Conklin; OT - Michigan State

20) Philadelphia - DeForest Buckner; DE - Oregon
1) No way Bosa lasts until 5, barring an injury. Likely will go #1
2) No way Bosa is the only Buckeye taken in the first round, barring injuries. Zeke Elliot, Taylor Decker, Darron Lee, Adolphus Washington, and even Cardale are all first round possibilities.
I'd lose my s**t if Goff is drafted in the NFCW unless we draft him, which would only mean we sucked so bad we got rid of Kap
Jaylon Smith in the 1st pls
Still waiting for an air raid qb to transition to a consistently good pro qb. I like Goff but do not believe he will is worth a first round pick.
I've read conflicting articles about Shawn Oakman, some say overrated, some say The Next Big Thing. All I know is can you imagine the Niners drafting him at 6'9 290 and paired with Armstead, 6'7 290. We'd have a bigger front line than Golden State minus Bogut.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Because I believe that our weakness this year is at the CB position, I fully believe that Baalke will finally draft one in the 1st..

but if we somehow turn out to be solid at this position, then I'd love for us to land Shawn Oakman..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Because I believe that our weakness this year is at the CB position, I fully believe that Baalke will finally draft one in the 1st..

but if we somehow turn out to be solid at this position, then I'd love for us to land Shawn Oakman..

Oakman doesn't move like someone who's 6'9. He's also surprisingly strong for a guy so lengthy.

However, his best fit might just be as a LDE in a 4-3 because I don't know how much leverage he'd get all game against OL in a 3-4 w/ that high center of gravity. Not a good fit for the Niners IM; I think he's more of an outside guy.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I do agree about he fitting more under the 4-3.. but great players to me, you dont pass them up.. a solid DC can find a way to put this kid in the right position regardless of the scheme... and, a new DC may just come along anyway that would changed our scheme to 4-3..

I really never understood why the Texans let Mario Williams go just because they were going 3-4.. . can you imagine how disruptive that defensively front woulda been had they kept him and the 4-3..

DE - Mario Williams

DT - JOHN DOE

DT- JJ WATTS

DE - Jadeveon Clowney
pass on Tunsil?

I do agree about he fitting more under the 4-3.. but great players to me, you dont pass them up.. a solid DC can find a way to put this kid in the right position regardless of the scheme... and, a new DC may just come along anyway that would changed our scheme to 4-3..

I really never understood why the Texans let Mario Williams go just because they were going 3-4.. . can you imagine how disruptive that defensively front woulda been had they kept him and the 4-3..

DE - Mario Williams

DT - JOHN DOE

DT- JJ WATTS

DE - Jadeveon Clowney

$$$
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Unless Nick Foles bombs which I highly doubt, they won't take a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds. I think they would give Sean Mannion a shot before they draft a QB in the first two rounds.

Also a FS going top 3 in Sua Cravens, that kid is definitely good, but not top 3 good, maybe top 20. Besides when was the last time you seen a Safety taken in the top 3??
Originally posted by TheRambler:
1) No way Bosa lasts until 5, barring an injury. Likely will go #1
2) No way Bosa is the only Buckeye taken in the first round, barring injuries. Zeke Elliot, Taylor Decker, Darron Lee, Adolphus Washington, and even Cardale are all first round possibilities.

Update: Bosa was just suspended for the opener, and the rumor is marijuana. So that may necessitate him falling to 5 or lower
Originally posted by genus49:

DE - Mario Williams

DT - JOHN DOE

DT- JJ WATTS

DE - Jadeveon Clowney

$$$

Yeah because Mario got like $100M from Buffalo, while Watt got around or a little more that that from Houston, no way they could pay two DL $100M+, along with whatever Clowney would want when he is a FA or eligible to sign an extension.

People think it's easy to keep players, when it's not, the NFL has a Hard Cap, not a soft cap like the NBA, or no cap like MLB, you need to have the cap room to retain your players.
Share 49ersWebzone