LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

PigskinProspects.com Site Discussion

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by 9moon:
QB - Cook will not be a first rounder when all is said and done..

Bosa - as good as he is, he may end up behind Nkemdiche if he decides to come out..

Day - just really reminds me of Danny Shelton..

Calhoun - will be comared to Aldon Smith because of his explosiveness

Cardale Jones - should stay in school because he has JaMarcus' trait all over him..

lol, this dude hates tOSU

Bosa is gonna be #1 overall IMHO
Yeah I get that,with his comment on the Cardale being another JaMarcus ,and yet the scouts were wanting Him to come out this year but what do those silly NFL scouts know

What do they know??

Which scouts are you talking about??

you talking about Quote on Quote tv reports in regards to scouts wanting this 1 game wonder kid to come out??

Are you aware that even your God Expert Mike Mayock went on TV to say that JaMarcus Russell's workout was the BEST he has seen (then) in the last 10 years??

Do you guys even know JaMarcus??

or are you guys just related to those sharks, i meant scouts who are just trying to get money from this kid??
What do they know??

Which scouts are you talking about??

you talking about Quote on Quote tv reports in regards to scouts wanting this 1 game wonder kid to come out??

Are you aware that even your God Expert Mike Mayock went on TV to say that JaMarcus Russell's workout was the BEST he has seen (then) in the last 10 years??

Do you guys even know JaMarcus??

or are you guys just related to those sharks, i meant scouts who are just trying to get money from this kid??

Damn, you nailed me

Bosa - as good as he is, he may end up behind Nkemdiche if he decides to come out..

I could see it. Both are amazing prospects, and both would've been taken over Dante Fowler. Nkemdiche is an amazing DT. He's not huge, but I've yet to see an OL even move the guy very far. And he disengages & lunges to the runner like the OL isn't even there.

Nothing against Bosa of course. The smart money is on him, but next May is a long way away.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM ]
I think this QB draft is going to make or break the NFL. Sorry to be alarmist, but the old guard is leaving the NFL soon, and unless we find guys that step into the league and prove the losses of Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, will not destroy the league, we are in big trouble. Big Ben is also 33, Eli 34, Rivers 33, Yikes!!!

We need Hackenberg to be a LOT better in 2014, He was flat out awful in numerous games. Cook has to keep raising his game. Jones needs to be as good as advertised in the final two games of the season. Goff to not be a Goof. Kessler to break the curse of USC QBs. Hogan to be a guy that people believe can be a starter at the next level. In the end, we need at least two stud QBs to emerge, and a couple reliable guys. Heaven help this league if we have to rely on the Mark Sanchez's of the world to throw to AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown, and the growing collection of stud WRs that are all over the league.

As for Jones, he should have come out. He would have been a mid-first rounder, just based on arm talent and playing at a pretty high level in the Bowl Championship series. If he was that good thrown into the fire of the national championship picture, I could see a team like the Texans pulling the trigger.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 16, 2015 at 2:59 PM ]
QB - Cook will not be a first rounder when all is said and done..

Day - just really reminds me of Danny Shelton..

Calhoun - will be comared to Aldon Smith because of his explosiveness

Cardale Jones - should stay in school because he has JaMarcus' trait all over him..

The difference is that JaMarcus was an idiot. Cardale has obviously matured since the "I don't play school" tweets.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think this QB draft is going to make or break the NFL. Sorry to be alarmist, but the old guard is leaving the NFL soon, and unless we find guys that step into the league and prove the losses of Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, will not destroy the league, we are in big trouble. Big Ben is also 33, Eli 34, Rivers 33, Yikes!!!

We need Hackenberg to be a LOT better in 2014, He was flat out awful in numerous games. Cook has to keep raising his game. Jones needs to be as good as advertised in the final two games of the season. Goff to not be a Goof. Kessler to break the curse of USC QBs. Hogan to be a guy that people believe can be a starter at the next level. In the end, we need at least two stud QBs to emerge, and a couple reliable guys. Heaven help this league if we have to rely on the Mark Sanchez's of the world to throw to AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown, and the growing collection of stud WRs that are all over the league.

As for Jones, he should have come out. He would have been a mid-first rounder, just based on arm talent and playing at a pretty high level in the Bowl Championship series. If he was that good thrown into the fire of the national championship picture, I could see a team like the Texans pulling the trigger.

keep an eye on Jacoby Brissett of NC State.

He is my darkhorse #1 QB.
As an Ohio State alum and fan, I must say that Bosa is not #1. Though he is very, very good.
Elliot should be higher on your list.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think when its all said and done, Cardale Jones will be the #1 overall pick. And if he declares Christian Hackenberg will be the second QB taken. I think Jared Goff will go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, I don't think his arm strength is 1st round standards.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

This is true, but it reminds me of the talk that went around in 1999 as the last of the great QBs from the 1980s were retiring (Dan Marino, Steve Young, Warren Moon although he did play into the 2000s). Not even being a homer, but I do believe Colin Kaepernick will emerge. In terms of super stars beyond that, we still have Aaron Rodgers, and you have to count Russell Wilson for now. Derek Carr is another, especially having Amari Cooper to throw to. I will say though, even with the names that I've thrown out, it does seem like slim pickings.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is true, but it reminds me of the talk that went around in 1999 as the last of the great QBs from the 1980s were retiring (Dan Marino, Steve Young, Warren Moon although he did play into the 2000s). Not even being a homer, but I do believe Colin Kaepernick will emerge. In terms of super stars beyond that, we still have Aaron Rodgers, and you have to count Russell Wilson for now. Derek Carr is another, especially having Amari Cooper to throw to. I will say though, even with the names that I've thrown out, it does seem like slim pickings.

How did Andrew Luck not get mentioned? Jameis could be an elite QB too. He wasn't consistent in college, but when he got in a rhythm, he looked like a better Big Ben. I've never seen a college QB pick apart a defense like Winston did in the second half of the Notre Dame game. He had 10-12 throws in a row which were absolutely perfect and not easy throws either.

Newton belongs in that discussion as well, but the Panthers have to protect him.

I don't think the success of the NFL is at all dependent on this upcoming draft. QB's are measured relative to one another (in their generation) so there will always be elite QB's. Luck will probably go down as one of the best of all time when all is said and done and Rodgers will be up there too.
Updated. Now Top 80(Which is my 4th Big Board), and my 4th set of Positional Rankings, Top 5's.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Yeah I get that,with his comment on the Cardale being another JaMarcus ,and yet the scouts were wanting Him to come out this year but what do those silly NFL scouts know

They knew JaMarcus was worth the #1 overall pick.
No WRs between 15 and 41? That, my friends, is an eternal drag.
  • Homer
  • Veteran

Russell DID have a great workout. He is arguably the most talented QB to enter the draft since I've been paying attention. He didn't fail because of his talents, he failed because he is lazy and has a terrible work ethic. When people compare Jones to Russell, they are talking about the bad. And imo that seems a little racist but we won't go there.

As to this list, great to see my boy Goff getting love. I know our offense is very QB friendly, but Goff makes some NFL throws. Hopefully this year we slay a giant and he gets some more publicity.
[ Edited by Homer on Jul 18, 2015 at 3:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone