Armstead
Tartt
Harold

Beat me to it.

Homers

Some see the glass as half-empty.
Some see the glass as half-full...

I see the glass as completely full, composed of 50% water and 50% oxygen

I'm not sure if that's an accurate way to see it. Water is already 33.3% oxygen. So if a glass contains 50% water, it already contains 16.6% oxygen.
The other half of the glass could theoretically contain a mixture of gases that includes 66.6% oxygen, bringing the total oxygen content of the glass up to 50%.
If that were the case, the glass could theoretically contain 50% water and 50% oxygen, but some other gas would need to fill the void, like nitrogen or argon.
However, that scenario is unlikely without very careful enrichment, as the air around us typically contains only about 21% oxygen.
Most likely, a glass is not exactly half full or half empty.
But if it is, that glass probably contains just slightly over 50% water (due to humidity) and just over 27% oxygen.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Armstead
Tartt
Harold

Beat me to it.

Homers

I'm not sure if that's an accurate way to see it. Water is already 33.3% oxygen. So if a glass contains 50% water, it already contains 16.6% oxygen.
The other half of the glass could theoretically contain a mixture of gases that includes 66.6% oxygen, bringing the total oxygen content of the glass up to 50%.
If that were the case, the glass could theoretically contain 50% water and 50% oxygen, but some other gas would need to fill the void, like nitrogen or argon.
However, that scenario is unlikely without very careful enrichment, as the air around us typically contains only about 21% oxygen.
But if it is, that glass probably contains just slightly over 50% water (due to humidity) and just over 27% oxygen.

I could see where you would be mistaken, my friend, as my precise measurements actually compensated for the aforementioned ratios

Let me clarify, while, at net value, it is 50% oxygen and 50% water -- hence a full glass -- the absolute measurements are comprised of a 75-to-25 Water-to-Oxygen ratio.

And, as we science connoisseurs know, 75 multiplied by the 33% equates to roughly 25% that, when added to the former 25% equates to 50% oxygen.

Once again, my glass is full
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on May 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM ]
Armstead
Tartt
Harold

Beat me to it.

Homers

I could see where you would be mistaken, my friend, as my precise measurements actually compensated for the aforementioned ratios

Let me clarify, while, at net value, it is 50% oxygen and 50% water -- hence a full glass -- the absolute measurements are comprised of a 75-to-25 Water-to-Oxygen ratio.

And, as we science connoisseurs know, 75 multiplied by the 33% equates to roughly 25% that, when added to the former 5% equates to 50%.

My glass is full of beer.
Originally posted by English:
Armstead
Tartt
Harold

Beat me to it.

Homers

And, as we science connoisseurs know, 75 multiplied by the 33% equates to roughly 25% that, when added to the former 5% equates to 50%.

My glass is full of beer.

Bradley Pinion
Bo Jackson
La'el Collins

Depends on whether measuring by volume or mass. You went by volume, but by mass water is 88.89% oxygen.
Pinion.
Leonard
Cooper
Gurley

I put Gurley, hoping to curse him into being an avg pick since we gotta face him.
I have a good feeling about this class of ours. No one jumps off the page as a instant impact player but rather guys who can develop this off season and slowly increase their performance as the season goes on. If I had to chose three from our class;

Double A
Pop Tart
Belldozer

Honorable mention; The Book of Eli

Non-49ers;

Leonard Williams (Playing with Mo. Wilk and Sheldon is a God send for this kid)
Amari Cooper (A players player will be a consistent performer for a long time)
Randy Gregory (If he can keep his nose clean...)

Honorabel mention; Gruley and Gordon (Both are special RBs but even healthy running backs have a short shelf life in the NFL)
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
All I know is this, Melvin Gordon was our pick AND he doesn't need 4 years to become a stud. He will be starting this year straight up and will pound the crap out of other teams.

Originally posted by Rascal:
All I know is this, Melvin Gordon was our pick AND he doesn't need 4 years to become a stud. He will be starting this year straight up and will pound the crap out of other teams.

He will do better than this forum believes. He will do real well here with the Chargers.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He will do better than this forum believes. He will do real well here with the Chargers.

You are lucky you are down in SD, he will be super exciting to watch and you will be getting pretty much all of the Chargers games. From what I heard, the folks down in SD are already super hyped about Gordon starting camp. I got to say the Chargers made a fantastic move in the draft. Thanks to Baalke's typical disastrous drafts, we will have to witness yet another team reaping the rewards from our draft picks.I can't wait until we have a GM who actually knows how to draft.
You are lucky you are down in SD, he will be super exciting to watch and you will be getting pretty much all of the Chargers games. From what I heard, the folks down in SD are already super hyped about Gordon starting camp. I got to say the Chargers made a fantastic move in the draft. Thanks to Baalke's typical disastrous drafts, we will have to witness yet another team reaping the rewards from our draft picks.I can't wait until we have a GM who actually knows how to draft.

yeah right.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

yeah right.

This is not a laughing matter.

You should show more respect for the opinion of a proven expert located in high reaches of the Trollhome Mountains.

Oh, wait.

Remember Elmer Fudd

Are you planning on Terry Donahue to come back?
Share 49ersWebzone