LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Which Rookie is in the best situation to excel his first year

Probably not Dante Fowler Jr. Too soon?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think it is between Armstead and Harold. Brooks is going to be cut, so Harold competes with Lynch for a starting spot opposite Smith. If Smith gets in trouble, Harold is a nice insurance policy.

I'd like to see the Niners get all three on the field on some passing downs by kicking Smith inside on occasion. He was very effective doing this at Missouri, and has the length to pull this off in the NFL. It would be an interesting alignment.

I am sticking with Vic Beasley as the best player in this draft class. Double digit sacks this first year. The Falcons are building a nice defensive front with their free agent pickups and draft class of Beasley and Clemson teammate, Grady Jarrett

Smith inside would be interesting. Also Lynch went in at DT on passing downs at Notre Dame his freshman year. Rotate both of them on the inside occasionally for new wrinkles.
Here is one opinion on nfl.com regarding the sudden impacts of the new rookie class: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492541/article/sudden-impact-projecting-top-100-nfl-rookies-of-2015.

It's full of speculation and I hope he's dead wrong. He has Lockett as #4 rookie with most impact and also has another of Seattle's picks having more of an impact than our first rounder. Amazingly, he lists the second TE we selected as #77 but makes no mention of Bell. Complete drivel IMO.
Jaquiski Tartt - Will have the opportunity to be a special teams stud.
Share 49ersWebzone