The One that Got Away

Originally posted by Brando85:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Paul Dawson

Here here

Me too. i REALLY wanted him
STRONG!!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tyler Lockett, especially considering that he went to Seattle.

This really pissed me off
r1. D.Parker (Mia, 1 pick before us)
r2. E.Kendricks (Minn, 1 pick)
r3. J.Strong (Tex, 6 picks)
r4. T.Clemmings (Minn, 7 picks)
r5. S.Diggs (Minn, 19 picks)
r6. M.Bennett (Jax, 10 picks)
r7. I.Ekpre-Olomu (Cle, 3 picks)
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
be a cheap FA after they fail to use him properly. Conley and Devin Smith: FA class of 2019!!

How has nobody mentioned Carl Davis yet.

I had him as a higher ranked prospect as a 3-4 DE than Armstead... Maybe I'm just crazy

Ditto, kid will be special
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Tre Jackson
Jay Ajaji
Tre McBride
Ifo
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley

This.
Danny Shelton would have been a solid fit for us.

Originally posted by Brando85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not gonna lie I wanted Strong in the 2nd.

When the 3rd round began and he was still there AND I saw Seattle picking early in the round...I wanted to move up badly.

Me too! He was a realistic late 1st round WR, I didn't buy into his hype early in the offseason, but once I watched enough "film" on him, he has amazing hands and gets those 50/50 balls, not to mention his body position and ability to adjust to poorly placed balls. He was my draft crush in the 2nd round
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not gonna lie I wanted Strong in the 2nd.

This or dorsett...which I don't get why the colts got him...granted he'll probably be a star but they have so much there already
I don't know about any of you, but after Cleveland's first pick WAS NOT DEVANTE PARKER I started to get anxious...so bummed when it was clear that was Miami's move.
Probably just about everyone in this forum had picks they wanted that weren't taken...we're fans, we're not privy to what goes on in the draft room. All we see are the picks Baalke makes and after the draft he has a presser to explain the thinking behind those picks. There are 31 other teams competing for picks...it's a tough business. Some of the players we think the Niners should draft aren't priorities on their draft board. One of the things Tomsula's been impressed with is the communication up & down the staff WRT the draft...that's how it should be, but sometimes isn't. As fans, we have to put our trust in Baalke and the consensus they reach on their board. I personally like this draft because Baalke did "go against the grain". It's what Seattle's been doing for some time and it's worked well for them. They've had their share of criticism over the years and they couldn't care less. I'm sure Baalke couldn't care less that so many so-called experts have panned this draft...because he picked the players that were the consensus choices.
Jim Harbaugh
Share 49ersWebzone