LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

I have a question for viewers of my draft website

So as we all know the 2015 draft has come and gone, and it was a blast doing all the work this year, but I have a question, what now for pigskinprospects.com?

Should I now 1. Get an early start on 2016 with prospects who are draft eligible for 2016, 2. Start gearing towards more NFL related news, or 3. Do Both?

Or if you have any ideas that are useful, please let me know, I'm trying to keep the site as active as possible throughout the year.

Thanks to anyone who comments.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
personally I would like updates on how this class is doing as the season goes along...

That's a good idea. What about more so, between now and when the season begins? Maybe contract terms for the rookie picks?
Updates on the 2016 draft class would be extremely helpful !!!
Originally posted by 49erChica:
Updates on the 2016 draft class would be extremely helpful !!!

Would you enjoy early scouting reports and rankings is that what you mean
Stay with the 2016 class and sneak peaks for 2017.
Originally posted by jreff22:

What kind of stuff would interest you then? Scouting Reports, Rankings, Mocks.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Scouting reports and rankings until mocks make sense. Doing like a weekly top 10 by position would be cool to track. You can have player X hit the top 10 X amount of times during the year.

Maybe have a pigskin player of the week at each position.
These guys have pretty much said it all, for me. Follow up on '15, preparation for '16 and early warning stuff for '17.
And maybe a reassessment of previous drafts as the passing of time gives perspective on them?

Scouting reports and rankings until mocks make sense. Doing like a weekly top 10 by position would be cool to track. You can have player X hit the top 10 X amount of times during the year.

really like those ideas.

Really appreciate all the work you put in AB. If an NFL team ever hires me as a gm when they see what a bad@$$ Madden gm I am. My first two hires would be you AB as a cap consultant and Maddog as a regional scout...

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

really like those ideas.

Really appreciate all the work you put in AB. If an NFL team ever hires me as a gm when they see what a bad@$$ Madden gm I am. My first two hires would be you AB as a cap consultant and Maddog as a regional scout...

Those are my plans now, 2016 Rankings, per week, scouting reports, build profiles, then keep an eye on the 2015 classes, and try and take a peek at 2017.

It's funny you mention being a Madden GM, I loved being a Madden GM back in the day, during the Madden 08 PC era(Mods were great to have, updated roster, still a great community), anyway I remember one year, like madden 12 I traded Shawntae Spencer and Parys Haralson for a 2nd and 3rd respectively lol. Yet I could never get a high valued WR for a 1, 2 and 3. Tried so many guys, that's the one time where I encourage over spending in free agency.

Now it sucks, on the new PS4, and X1, there is no NCAA Football games, so no draft classes with real names. I remember on PS2 sending away my Memory Card to a guy on eBay for a few bucks and getting rosters for like NCAA 05 or 07 and being able to have 4-5 years of draft classes with real names. Then when the PS3 and Xbox 360 came out you could just download rosters from the internet.

I'm trying to find a Mac version of Madden 08 to play on my MacBook Air, just to try out. I have a copy, but it won't install, so I may have to either try a different DVD drive, and if that doesn't work buy a new disc.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
So as we all know the 2015 draft has come and gone, and it was a blast doing all the work this year, but I have a question, what now for pigskinprospects.com?

Should I now 1. Get an early start on 2016 with prospects who are draft eligible for 2016, 2. Start gearing towards more NFL related news, or 3. Do Both?

Or if you have any ideas that are useful, please let me know, I'm trying to keep the site as active as possible throughout the year.

Thanks to anyone who comments.

It doesn't really mater what you do cause Trent will just skip good players in the draft to pick up 5 undrafted WR's.
AB - How about an article that compares your 1st top 32 2015 draft ranking after the 2014 Draft and compare to your final top 32 2015 draft rankings? or an article on the 2015 1st round picks and show where you had them ranked right after the 2014 Draft to show how much the ranking changes over the year?
It's funny you mention being a Madden GM, I loved being a Madden GM back in the day, during the Madden 08 PC era(Mods were great to have, updated roster, still a great community), anyway I remember one year, like madden 12 I traded Shawntae Spencer and Parys Haralson for a 2nd and 3rd respectively lol. Yet I could never get a high valued WR for a 1, 2 and 3. Tried so many guys, that's the one time where I encourage over spending in free agency
That's so funny. I used to do the same thing. Every time I'd start a franchise, I'd go and sign the best free agents and trade them for draft picks (every year when the game came out, there were always old-but-highly-rated free agents available). Many years I'd go into the draft with like 3-4 1st round picks. Eventually it just got boring. You could make such unrealistic trades in that game that it just felt cheap!
I always like the re-draft exercises. Go back say 3 years and redraft based on what we know now. This year would be particularly interesting as the 2012 was such a disaster for the 49ers. (Makes sense that 3 years later, we had a down year, huh?)
Share 49ersWebzone