LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Darrius Davis a sleeper

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hey I hope he works out

I didnt see much of anything as far as route-running goes though. He's gonna have a hard time getting separation in the NFL...it will be good to see what he can do in the preseason.

Good point about getting separation but a mobile QB might help him with that cuz dudes gotta keep an eye on Kap over the middle of the field
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
maybe so on those slants but the Kid has a very damn good foundation to work with and modify at the next level,He has very good field vision and a 2nd gear which shows,now all the the guys he played against are not slow,some guys will always have something negative to say,like low level talent,ALL the CBs are slow, taking bad angles,I would like to see how well Davis plays against NFL talent also to see if what I'm seeing is not because of Small School Talent.

Dude from round here by me. Frisco TX that's my city and same high school my kids zoned to. I'm about to ask around a bit about dude but he looks like he can contribute if given opportunity. Might have been slept on after all. He chopping blades once he gets the rock in his hands. At 1:44 you ain't supposed to catch that pass and cut up turf that swiftly from your 42 to the house like that no matter what division of college ball you play in
yeah kid has some talent,all he needs is a chance with the Good WR coach we have He can be something special
bye. Was cut today. Couldn't even make it to training camp. And some of you were making him out to be the steal of the draft.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
9moon gonna be upset about this lol
Originally posted by jimrat:
9moon gonna be upset about this lol

bu...but darius is a future hall of famer
Originally posted by Travisty13:
bye. Was cut today. Couldn't even make it to training camp. And some of you were making him out to be the steal of the draft.

yeah yeah the second guessers are out in FULL force
Anyone know why he didn't participate in mini camp?
either he has the worse work ethic ever....or just not getting the opportunities, because whatever.

All I know is he looks fast on the field...has a 2nd gear, that you don't see much from NFL receivers. Lower division league or not.

I hope Trent knows what he is doing, but I don't trust him with WR decisions..

It's like he loves these regular WRs who look good in practice, but will fail to get separation on the field against good defenses.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM ]
he's def a sleeper now, literally sleeping at home
Originally posted by Afrikan:
either he has the worse work ethic ever....or just not getting the opportunities, because whatever.

All I know is he looks fast on the field...has a 2nd gear, that you don't see much from NFL receivers. Lower division league or not.

It's like he loves these regular WRs who look good in practice, but will fail to get separation on the field against good defenses.

He played in a lower division for a reason...looking at his highlights all his plays were slants. I didn't see any good route-running just a bunch of missed tackles. This is the NFL and those slants will get sniffed out and you better believe they actually know how to tackle.

he doesn't look faster than Smith,Anderson,White,V Davis, Simpson and didn't bring much in route-running...best of luck to him though

Originally posted by Afrikan:

Usually the cuts come down primarily to the coaches, the GM brings them in, the coaches decide what to do with them.

I never got the Davis hype, average WR with average speed that looked good vs subpar competition. I am surprised that he didnt even make it to training camp but I guess they figured his odds of making the roster were non-existent, so why bother.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
he's def a sleeper now, literally sleeping at home

No evidence of that, he could be like Rumph from Kentucky who camped out at the Falcons facility after he was cut.
I just think its a matter of bodies at the position. They liked how Simpson has been practicing and Torrey and Q are gonna be starters plus we have Ellington and Patton still. Thats 5 already with everyone else fighting for one roster spot. I think we keep no more than 6 WR.
[ Edited by E-49er on Jun 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by E-49er:
I just think its a matter of bodies at the position. They liked how Simpson has been practicing and Torrey and Q are gonna be starters plus we have Ellington and Patton still. Thats 5 already with everyone else fighting for one roster spot. I think we keep no more than 6 WR.

If it's a numbers game, than why cut him and bring in another WR (Mario Hull)? It's cause he showed us nothing, why keep dead weight.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
If it's a numbers game, than why cut him and bring in another WR (Mario Hull)? It's cause he showed us nothing, why keep dead weight.

I don't expect Hull to last very long either but maybe he can keep Vance company for a little while.
Share 49ersWebzone