LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Darrius Davis a sleeper

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Andra:
this guy was willing to give up a 2nd rounder for him.
http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2015-nfl-draft-special-inside-the-war-room-san-francisco-49ers/

Compares him to sterling sharp, who's considered by many to be the most talented game-day receiver ever.
Thats some high praise.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Compares him to sterling sharp, who's considered by many to be the most talented game-day receiver ever.
Thats some high praise.

That guy is a goofballm. Go look at some of his other choices, he has a clear woody for small school players, putting guys that went undrafted and will never play in the NFL as 1st round caliber players.

This is starting to feel like the Elvis Akpla deal from a few years ago. The odds are that very few if any of these UDFA's make the final roster.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 17, 2015 at 4:51 AM ]
Probably wont ever be a starter but I can see this guy as a playmaker
Originally posted by Since07:

He has a chance to be a starter one day,He`s physical a trait that more than likely caught Baalke`s eye, also He`s got some speed to Him ,He plays faster then His official 40 time ,even though He played for a small school and lower talent,it does not change the fact He was very productive.I have heard some guys on here say,the talent was slow, Hey not all those guys he played against and scored on were not slow,some even were at good angles and out ahead of Davis and He still ran past them,or ran through them.The Guy has talent,He can play the game of football at any level,all he needs is a chance to prove himself and hopefully He gets that chance here in the Bay.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

He has a chance to be a starter one day,He`s physical a trait that more than likely caught Baalke`s eye, also He`s got some speed to Him ,He plays faster then His official 40 time ,even though He played for a small school and lower talent,it does not change the fact He was very productive.I have heard some guys on here say,the talent was slow, Hey not all those guys he played against and scored on were not slow,some even were at good angles and out ahead of Davis and He still ran past them,or ran through them.The Guy has talent,He can play the game of football at any level,all he needs is a chance to prove himself and hopefully He gets that chance here in the Bay.

Nuff said..
If you can run 10 yards a second you have elite speed. I'm timing this guy at 1.2 seconds at full speed pretty good.
If you can run 10 yards a second you have elite speed. I'm timing this guy at 1.2 seconds at full speed pretty good.

what got my attention is the 2nd TD in this high-light reel,there was 3-4 guys out in front of Him and once he turned that corner,it was like how the hell did they not lay a hand on him,he out ran them,and that sure is`nt 4.6 speed more like 4.40-4.39 speed
Curious how he does against better competition. Nobody can deny his highlights is impressive regardless of division, he straight dominated the competition

what got my attention is the 2nd TD in this high-light reel,there was 3-4 guys out in front of Him and once he turned that corner,it was like how the hell did they not lay a hand on him,he out ran them,and that sure is`nt 4.6 speed more like 4.40-4.39 speed

I know what your talking about, when he's already running he has great control of his acceleration, he is patient letting defenders take thier angle and as soon as they do, he hits 2nd gear.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by xcfan:
Thats some high praise.

That guy is a goofballm. Go look at some of his other choices, he has a clear woody for small school players, putting guys that went undrafted and will never play in the NFL as 1st round caliber players.

This is starting to feel like the Elvis Akpla deal from a few years ago. The odds are that very few if any of these UDFA's make the final roster.

LOL this guy was wayyy off point on his picks and like you said he tries to act like he knows all these small school players. I told him he was smoking something when he had SF grabbing him in the 2nd smh.

Nuff said..

While I hope this kid turns into a monster, this is the NFL and he isn't breaking all those tackles and those slants will get sniffed out every time....I didn't see anything as far as route-running goes.
Small school and spread type offense. The Defenses looked slow and soft, we will see come preseason.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
While I hope this kid turns into a monster, this is the NFL and he isn't breaking all those tackles and those slants will get sniffed out every time....I didn't see anything as far as route-running goes.

maybe so on those slants but the Kid has a very damn good foundation to work with and modify at the next level,He has very good field vision and a 2nd gear which shows,now all the the guys he played against are not slow,some guys will always have something negative to say,like low level talent,ALL the CBs are slow, taking bad angles,I would like to see how well Davis plays against NFL talent also to see if what I'm seeing is not because of Small School Talent.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

maybe so on those slants but the Kid has a very damn good foundation to work with and modify at the next level,He has very good field vision and a 2nd gear which shows,now all the the guys he played against are not slow,some guys will always have something negative to say,like low level talent,ALL the CBs are slow, taking bad angles,I would like to see how well Davis plays against NFL talent also to see if what I'm seeing is not because of Small School Talent.

Hey I hope he works out

I didnt see much of anything as far as route-running goes though. He's gonna have a hard time getting separation in the NFL...it will be good to see what he can do in the preseason.

Dude from round here by me. Frisco TX that's my city and same high school my kids zoned to. I'm about to ask around a bit about dude but he looks like he can contribute if given opportunity. Might have been slept on after all. He chopping blades once he gets the rock in his hands. At 1:44 you ain't supposed to catch that pass and cut up turf that swiftly from your 42 to the house like that no matter what division of college ball you play in
Share 49ersWebzone