LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

What's your favorite pick the 49ers made?

What's your favorite pick the 49ers made?

I loved the Tartt pick. First of all, it's a MAGNIFICENT name. Say it: Jaquiski Tartt. Feel its power. It just rolls of the tongue (not if you are Haley), not to mention all the lame puns you can make about jet-skis, pop and other tarts, jacuzzis and what-have-you. Then there is the matter of the weed Baalke is scoring, the quality of which was also evident in the Bell and punter picks. But more importantly, it immediately led me to half-arsed contemplations over its tactical meaning. Is he just depth? Is he a portent of the Big Nickel 2 - the Return of the Killer Big Nickel? Is he a hint that we may get more wacky retirements by camp time, and not just because of Reid's growing concussion collection? Perhaps Ward had decided to become a Hare Krishna? Is he the harbinger of the nickel becoming the base defense of every NFL team now that tackling is not allowed any more and everyone wants to use tight ends like New England? Is Baalke the prophet of the school that will kill this fad?
Originally posted by xcfan:
I'm two years, who will be better, arik or okoye?

Is this a serious question? I'd say Armstead right now is a better player than Okoye ever will be.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Harold.

dude looks legit and can come in and make an immediate impact.
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by daragon:
My favorite is Tartt. I love what he can be for our defense in the short term and the long term. He's also going to be an elite special teams player his rookie year. I like many of the other picks, but Tartt is one that I'm really excited for.

Friends of mine in Boston told me that the Pats were going to take Tartt at end of 2nd Rd, ended up taking Jordan Richards, Stanford.
Tartt wouldn't have made it to Rd 3, though Baalke could have traded back up to 10 spots. Apparently he liked him too much to take that risk .

Nice. Yeah, I'll be honest and tell you that I really didn't know much about him at all. But I've taken time to really dig into his footage and I'm excited for his prospect. He'll be fun to watch this year.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by daragon:
My favorite is Tartt. I love what he can be for our defense in the short term and the long term. He's also going to be an elite special teams player his rookie year. I like many of the other picks, but Tartt is one that I'm really excited for.

He looks like a better version of Chancellor (better in that he had better pursuit and speed) and I think people undervalue what a guy like that adds to the defense. When they hit people, they move them. A jarring hit fires up the whole team, can cause turnovers, intimidates receivers... It's huge. Kam is in Vernon's head every time they line up. Another plus is that he's a great tackler and will help the team against the run. In our division it's all about stopping the run, which is why we got AA in the 1st. We have to defend again subpar passing attacks and steadfast rushing attacks... Lynch, Gurley, Ellington.

I'm really curious to know where teams had Tartt on their boards. Most places I've seen had him in the 3rd.

I think Baalke felt like he would get to our 3rd round pick, so he took him where he was. I'm excited to see what he can do as a Nickel LB or Strong Safety. He's like a better hybrid then Nick Moody. I can see Tartt being responsible for Graham and large WRs in the slot. We have Ward for the quick shifty guys, and Tartt for the big strong guys. I'm stoked to see how they build the defense with these two.
Smelter and Harold are both future Stars in this league. Impossible to choose.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Smelter and Harold are both future Stars in this league. Impossible to choose.

If true, then that make this a good draft! Two stars in one draft is exceptional.
Share 49ersWebzone