There are 252 users in the forums

What's your favorite pick the 49ers made?

What's your favorite pick the 49ers made?

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:
My favorite is Tartt. I love what he can be for our defense in the short term and the long term. He's also going to be an elite special teams player his rookie year. I like many of the other picks, but Tartt is one that I'm really excited for.

Friends of mine in Boston told me that the Pats were going to take Tartt at end of 2nd Rd, ended up taking Jordan Richards, Stanford.
Tartt wouldn't have made it to Rd 3, though Baalke could have traded back up to 10 spots. Apparently he liked him too much to take that risk .
  • Jiks
Dres Anderson TBPH, even though I doubt he will make the team.
Definitely Harold and Smelter. Armstead is growing on me because of what he COULD be.
Man after watching Bell and Tartts highlight tapes I gotta say I'm impressed. Bell could do everything on that offense, from run to pass to block to catch that's impressive for a big school. Tartt was a presence in that back field. You could see running backs looking for him when they got to the second level and he is a solid open field tackler. Good size and coverage skills as well hopefully that translates to the NFL
Busta Anderson
Edit: duplicate
[ Edited by strickac on May 3, 2015 at 7:14 PM ]
My favorite is Tartt. I love what he can be for our defense in the short term and the long term. He's also going to be an elite special teams player his rookie year. I like many of the other picks, but Tartt is one that I'm really excited for.

Always root for a small school prospect
The punter.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Harold, great value pick in the 3rd.
Armstead. The trade back from 15 to 17 was the highlight of the draft for me unfortunately. I like Harold in the 3rd round too. We drafted a lot of projects which could indicate the team is punting this season and looking to rebuild after going 8-8 and losing Iupati, Willis, Borland, and probably Jusin Smith. We didn't address our short term needs at WR (no #1 receiver), ILB, and CB.

He looks like a better version of Chancellor (better in that he had better pursuit and speed) and I think people undervalue what a guy like that adds to the defense. When they hit people, they move them. A jarring hit fires up the whole team, can cause turnovers, intimidates receivers... It's huge. Kam is in Vernon's head every time they line up. Another plus is that he's a great tackler and will help the team against the run. In our division it's all about stopping the run, which is why we got AA in the 1st. We have to defend again subpar passing attacks and steadfast rushing attacks... Lynch, Gurley, Ellington.

I'm really curious to know where teams had Tartt on their boards. Most places I've seen had him in the 3rd.
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Man after watching Bell and Tartts highlight tapes I gotta say I'm impressed. Bell could do everything on that offense, from run to pass to block to catch that's impressive for a big school. Tartt was a presence in that back field. You could see running backs looking for him when they got to the second level and he is a solid open field tackler. Good size and coverage skills as well hopefully that translates to the NFL

If this was last season, I wouldn't be very amped up about the Bell pick, but with Sparano coaching TE's, I think Bell could end up being a pretty good player, a solid #2 TE at worst. He's raw but he's got a good position coach and if you've seen him talk, Bell seems very intelligent, speaks very candidly about the difficulties he knows he'll have to face and overcome, he seems fully dedicated to making himself a top quality NFL TE. The attitude is right, the talent is right, the guy certainly has the measurables and then some, I'm quite optimistic about him.
  • REB4
Harrold by far. This was a good pick at the right spot. Unfortunately he's not what we needed at #3. This would have been an even better pick if the holes in the team were addressed before we picked him. Then we could afford to have a guy learn the ropes slowly from the OTHER 3 top OLBs on the team. This team doesn't need guys that will be sitting for a couple of years, they need guys to fill holes right now.
none
[ Edited by kezar49er on May 4, 2015 at 12:07 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
I'm two years, who will be better, arik or okoye?
Share 49ersWebzone