LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

MadDog49er Resetting the Board for Day Three 2015 Draft

Greetings, all!

Let's get fired up for Day Three, my favorite day of the draft. Hidden gems, key role players, and more.

Here is my list of best players available. Since some players would be a duplication of someone already selected, this is not a strict Niners draft board. Some players also don't fit in their scheme.

BPA Day 3
Grady Jarrett Clemson DT
Jay Ajayi Boise St RB
James Sample Louisville S
Trey Flowers Arkansas DE/OLB
Marcus Hardison Arizona St DE/DT
Martrell Spaight Arkansas LB
David Cobb Minnesota RB
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu Oregon CB
Anthony Harris Virginia S
Doran Grant Ohio St CB
TJ Clemmings Pittsburgh OT
David Parry Stanford DT
Tre McBride William and Mary WR
Jeremy Langford Michigan St RB
Josh Shaw USC CB/S
Jamil Douglas Arizona St G
BJ Finney Kansas St CB
Bryce Petty Baylor QB
Andrew Donnal Iowa OT

My draft so far has been"
1- Cameron Erving
2- Jaelen Strong
3- Carl Davis

In my personal draft today, the order would be: Ajayi, Flowers, Spaight, Cobb. IEO, Grant, Clemmings, Parry. Will update on the live thread as we go along.

Cheers
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM ]
ILB's?
You aren't concerned by Ajayi's apparent arthritis in his knee?

McBride never seemed to get much separation in any games I watched, and he played against some weak competition. I like his aggressiveness on 50/50 balls, but will he win those against NFL level talent? I'm interested in your thoughts on Waller. I know you have Smelter as a UDFA, but I'd love to draft and stash him. Dude is so natural, he just needs more coaching, and I have confidence in our WR coaches for the first time in over a decade.
Originally posted by jreff22:
ILB's?

WHop's gonna push the depth chart? I don't see it.
What do you think of Kenny Bell, Dog?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What do you think of Kenny Bell, Dog?

Tested better than I thought. Reliable WR but nothing more than a number three or four. More upside in some of the other small school guys
Originally posted by jreff22:
ILB's?

Spaight. Love the kid
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
WHop's gonna push the depth chart? I don't see it.

I don't see it either. Harold needs a year and he is going to be very good. Instant inpact? None of the above
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You aren't concerned by Ajayi's apparent arthritis in his knee?

McBride never seemed to get much separation in any games I watched, and he played against some weak competition. I like his aggressiveness on 50/50 balls, but will he win those against NFL level talent? I'm interested in your thoughts on Waller. I know you have Smelter as a UDFA, but I'd love to draft and stash him. Dude is so natural, he just needs more coaching, and I have confidence in our WR coaches for the first time in over a decade.

When you get into that 4th round you can begin to gamble a bit especially with 3 picks in the 4th
MadDog,

Would you gamble @ the comp pick with OL Collins??

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When you get into that 4th round you can begin to gamble a bit especially with 3 picks in the 4th
our original 4th-rounder is gone.

ah wait, we got one from the Broncos. Ok.
[ Edited by communist on May 2, 2015 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
our original 4th-rounder is gone.

We have Denver's, SD's, and a comp
Will we stand pat or try to move up for somebody we really want? I have a hard time believing Baalke will actually make three selections in the 4th.
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Will we stand pat or try to move up for somebody we really want? I have a hard time believing Baalke will actually make three selections in the 4th.

IDK, there are at least 4 interesting projects available, and this seems like a potential-based draft.
how do you feel about the draft so far MD?
Share 49ersWebzone