LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Not watching any more of the 2015 draft

Originally posted by OneMoreRing:
I am assuming they are picking BPA instead of picking need as their picks so far are not, IMO, their greatest needs. So that being the case do you disagree with their philosophy, or their board? And how do you reconcile drafting BPA as being a panic move. It seems like the opposite.

WTF are you actually upset about. It's not clear.

I don't agree with their assessment of who the BPA is. Armstead was not the BPA. Tartt was not the BPA. Harold was a decent pick...but why? OLB...Smith, Brooks, Lynch, Lemonier, and Wheeler.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I don't agree with their assessment of who the BPA is. Armstead was not the BPA. Tartt was not the BPA. Harold was a decent pick...but why? OLB...Smith, Brooks, Lynch, Lemonier, and Wheeler.

They were the best players available for the scheme we play in our GMs opinion.

I'm not sure if you understand what BPA means. Wheeler is also likely to be an ILB for the 49ers.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Or playing his best position.

There was this rook WR back in 85 that couldn't catch a damn thing. Glad we cut that bust.

I never said cut Jimmy Ward. Plus....it's apples and oranges. You are talking about a WR vs a CB. History shows that most WR don't break out until their 3rd year.

A 1st round pick on a nickel CB is too high in most people's book.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Im pointing out the trend in 1st round picks. Jimmy Ward was a HORRIBLE pick.

I was happy with the rest of last year's picks...although I'm not impressed with Martin.

I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. I thought he was a good pick then, I still think he's a good pick now. We've yet to see what he can do when healthy.
Whatever happened to letting draft picks develop even Joe Montana didn't start his first year or his 2nd yr ... Good thing we didnt dump him after 1yr ....Even Jerry Rice had butter fingers his 1st yr but yes we should have dumped him to ... Yet we kept JJ Stokes around how many underachieving yrs
  • Jiks
So are we telling Kaepernick basically to screw off? What help have we brought him besides a deep threat? Our oline was awful, and seems to have gotten worse. Our #1 receiver is aging. Our running backs are questionable at best. We pick up role players on defense, while our 20th+ ranked offense takes a step back.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
So are we telling Kaepernick basically to screw off? What help have we brought him besides a deep threat? Our oline was awful, and seems to have gotten worse. Our #1 receiver is aging. Our running backs are questionable at best. We pick up role players on defense, while our 20th+ ranked offense takes a step back.

Thank you! I guess Im not the only one who is concerned about the lack of addressing the Offense this offseason...other than Torrey Smith. Reggie Bush is fine...but he is not the answer.

Ok, I get it. So you agree that they ARE taking BPA and not drafting for need - but how does that make what they are doing a panic move?

Are you an armchair GM? Do you spend a lot of time watching college film or something? It's kind of hard to tell what player is actually going to hit in the NFL, right? Easy in retrospect. Personally the fact that they are going off the grid on a pick or two is exciting to me. They are trusting their scouts and not always going with convention. If they screw it up they did it their way. I think we reputedly have a decent scouting Dept. Baalke may not be Bill Walsh but he's still better that 3/4 of the GMs out there today. Really glad he didn't waste a high pick on a WR because he sucks at drafting offensive skill players. He's great with defensive backs and OLBs. I'd bet we got some good players today.
[ Edited by OneMoreRing on May 1, 2015 at 10:34 PM ]
It's too painful.

I haven't been this disgusted with a draft in a very long time. It's like they are trying to ruin this team on purpose. It's like every pick is a panic move.

How about looking at the talent level on the roster...and upgrading where needed.....hmmm...like...ILB? WR? CB?

Say's 9erfan4life. LMAO. Ohhhh the irony!
People just become too consumed with perceptions and names .. I like.doing mocks and having my draft crushes but I never really get too involved that I become upset if they're not taken..if I some how hit on one or two a year then I think it's awesome but that's it.

Because what happens then is that you're judging the draft based on your own wants...how silly is that

I've long learned that these guys all know what they're doing. They study these players all years and construct meticulous boards and contingency plans...we watch a 5 minute video on YouTube and think the player is the second coming of such and such.... It's fun to do don't get me wrong but by no means should we use that add basis to judge draft picks...

I understand a lot of you wanted a wr today but d Smith was of the board... So was Dorial ... U could make the case for strong but maybe the wrist scared them away..

All I can recommend is too sit back and enjoy the show Don't get too caught up with your own wants because more than likely it's not gonna happen..

When Reid has.to miss a game because of a hamstring or whatever you'll be happy Tartt is on the field instead of Dahl... So don't trip.

Liar.
I like icecream
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I like icecream

Me too, can we be friends
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I like icecream

Me too, can we be friends

Ok i vote ice cream party as we watch day 3 draft
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Ok i vote ice cream party as we watch day 3 draft

Don't tempt me, I have a Baskin Robbins right next to an Einstein Bagels just down the street, will end up in a carb coma and sleep through the last couple of rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone