LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

Us vs. Baalke final mock draft

Here is my final Niner mock before the draft. This is going to be a slooowww work day waiting for the first pick.

I'm doing a mock if I was GM versus what Baalke would do. Add your own and we can see if we know how Baalke operates and if we end up making a better decision.

I want:
1. DGB (give him a stable support system like Dez and don't give him too high of expectations in the first year. Focus on certain packages and red zone)
2. Denzel Perryman (my favorite ILB. Yes, he will struggle guarding bigger tight ends in the pass game. So what. So did Borland and Wilhoite and many other inside backers. That should be Ward, Bethea or Reid's job)
3. Henry Anderson (no explanation needed. Already a webzoners crush)
4. David Cobb (A quality inside runner to compete with mostly combo or outside runners)
4. Ladarius Gunter (Similar to Dontae Johnson. Baalke drafts corners for potential)
5. Chaz Green (tackle to develop)
6. Zack Hodges (hope he develops into a good pass rusher)
7. Julian White (big safety or corner and worth the gamble here for size and speed)
7. Nick Perry (has to be better than Dahl)

Baalke will draft:

1. Arik Armstead (and I have nightmare visions of Kentwan Balmer - drafting dt for potential vs production)
2. Laken Tomlinson (Baalke always addresses OL concerns. Either replacement for Boone or Iupati)
3. Taiwan Jones (I know, I know. Too high. Has Baalke ever had a draft where we haven't said he drafted a player higher than most rated?)
4. Stefon Diggs (Baalke doesn't mind fast skinny receivers. Hopes he can bulk up and develop).
4. Jeff Heuerman (TE help with our injured TEs)
5. Justin Cox (athletic corner with character concerns. Baalke special)
6. Mike Davis (hope he becomes our bruising running back)
7. Player with a torn ACL that falls
7. Small school corner not on our radar

Like one more than the other? You guys have at it.
Well I like you're picks, I still don't think Baalke will wait until the 4th to draft a WR regardless.

I'm not a fan of Gunter at all...he's wayyyy to slow and doesn't really compare to DJ other than the fact that they are tall.

I like Dawson over any other ILB in this class, he just makes plays.
The tall trio draft:

1st 15: WR Dorial Green-Beckham 6'6"
2nd 46: DT Michael Bennett
3rd 79: RB Tevin Coleman
4th 126: ILB Taiwan Jones
4th 132: TE Jesse James 6'7"
5th 151: S Donald Celiscar
6th 190: WR Darren Waller 6'6"
7th 246: OT Doniel Gambrell
7th 254: OLB Zach Wagenmann
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Apr 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The tall trio draft:

1st 15: WR Dorial Green-Beckham 6'6"
2nd 46: DT Michael Bennett
3rd 79: RB Tevin Coleman
4th 126: ILB Taiwan Jones
4th 132: TE Jesse James 6'7"
5th 151: S Donald Celiscar
6th 190: WR Darren Waller 6'6"
7th 246: OT Doniel Gambrell
7th 254: OLB Zach Wagenmann

Is this what you want or what you think Baalke will do? I like it but don't know where Bennett fits.
Share 49ersWebzone