LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

RB with the 1st pick

I wouldn't be surprised if Baalke went with either Gurley or Gordon. Every year Baalke has done some selections that surprised fans and analysts. In 2013 he picked Marcus Lattimore even though he had a real bad knee injury but he wasn't the same player anymore . Lattimore's knee injury is owrst than Gurley's, so there's a chance Baalke could go the same route with Gurley. Does Baalke want his NFC Divisional rivals take Gurley specifically the Seachickens?
True that Baalke surprises but all "experts" were expecting that move weeks leading into draft.
Gurley would be long gone before Sea picks
One thing for sure Trent tends to surprise everyone!

I don't think this draft will be any different.
a RB in the first WILL NOT HAPPEN! it makes no sense!!

We need everything but that position.

literally any other position could use help but the RB position is fine.
If so, I can already hear Kiper Carbing about " They made a Luxury pick " by taking a RB....at 15
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:

Hyde- 332 yards in league- although I think he will be our number 1
Hunter- coming off ACL, one year left on contract
Bush- never dominated at any of his former nfl teams, so why should niners be different.

Per scouts.com. If the niners drafted Gurley in round 1 at RB and Devin Smith WR Ohio State in round 2, it would be a defensive coordinators nightmare. Both safeties would have to stay deep to cover torrey smith and Devin Smith and you would have Gurley and or Hyde pounding it up the middle because they cannot stack the box.

Yeah, no need for a RB...... Draft a guard, that will make the defensive coordinators not sleep at night, note tongue in cheek.
Mel Kiper has Gurley as the pick in his final mock draft.
Gurley over Gordon all the way. I think Gordon and Ajayi have bust flags
Wouldn't mind Gurley despite the huge needs elsewhere as it is unlikely that you will get a a player near his value at 15.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Bush- never dominated at any of his former nfl teams, so why should niners be different.

Per scouts.com. If the niners drafted Gurley in round 1 at RB and Devin Smith WR Ohio State in round 2, it would be a defensive coordinators nightmare. Both safeties would have to stay deep to cover torrey smith and Devin Smith and you would have Gurley and or Hyde pounding it up the middle because they cannot stack the box.

Yeah, no need for a RB...... Draft a guard, that will make the defensive coordinators not sleep at night, note tongue in cheek.

Interesting. Underlying common theme for all of Baalke's additions this offseason has been SPEEED…(torrey, simpson, bush, holliday even hayne)…if the trend continues fully expect Baalke to get his hands on one of these speedsters (devin smith, phillip dorsett, etc).

Baalke for the most part goes BPA but the yearr Goldson left we had a huge opening at FS…and he traded up for Reid after the first safety got picked, which by some was a tad bit of reach. Last year we had a big need for slot CB after Carlos rogers left and Ward was the pick (w/ playing safety in the future).

Seems like Baalke will go towards need rather than BPA in the first round at least…what do you guys think?

• dj43

Gurley being there at %15 would be the wild card that would change the draft. I agree Bush and Hunter are question marks. Certainly not better than a chance at one of the best RBs to come out in three years.

The other side of that question is, what impact does Boone's latest escapade have on the picture?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Interesting. Underlying common theme for all of Baalke's additions this offseason has been SPEEED…(torrey, simpson, bush, holliday even hayne)…if the trend continues fully expect Baalke to get his hands on one of these speedsters (devin smith, phillip dorsett, etc).

Baalke for the most part goes BPA but the yearr Goldson left we had a huge opening at FS…and he traded up for Reid after the first safety got picked, which by some was a tad bit of reach. Last year we had a big need for slot CB after Carlos rogers left and Ward was the pick (w/ playing safety in the future).

Seems like Baalke will go towards need rather than BPA in the first round at least…what do you guys think?

Nice post

Why would you bring up his rushing #'s? He was playing behind SF's all-time rushing leader in Gore, I wouldn't expect he to rush for 1,000 yards.

Hyde is a beast in his own right, he's a 3-down back and needs 15-20 touches a game, much like Gordon/Gurley. I do NOT want to see a top 15 pick splitting carries with Hyde. You don't take players the caliber of Hyde/Gurley/Gordon off the field it....

Bush is a COP back same with Hunter they are prefect compliments for Hyde. If Gurley is sitting there at 15 look for a trade.
It's pretty interesting though. Perhaps Trent simply decides he wants to make up for what didn't work out with Lattimore and just goes f**k it, I'm taking Gurley if he's there at 15. In my estimation Lattimore was at least as good as TG if not for the career ending injury.
I want Girely
Share 49ersWebzone