LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Expecting to be disappointed

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by SoCold:
It's not just about BPA, we are not drafting a QB because we don't need one. We shouldn't be drafting Gurley because we are paying Hyde, Hunter and Bush to be on the team, this team is not keeping 5-6 RB's

Any player rated in the first round is not a reach. If you think Kevin Johnson is going to be the best CB in the pros why not take him at #15? because he's got a 25 pick rating lol that's just silly.

Now if Trent goes 2012 and takes the 6th best WR in the draft with the first pick like AJ Janky then I'll be pissed.

Bush and Hunter are on 1 year deals and we can and have carried 4 RB's before. Hunter also returning from 2nd major surgery in 3 years. Hyde should not preclude us from taking Gurley if he is BPA, just like Gio Bernard did not preclude Bengals from using 2nd rounder on Hill last year, or Packers taking Rodgers when they had Favre. We are still likely going to be a run first/run heavy offense and Gurley has more potential than Hyde and is an upgrade over Hunter.

Agree with your second point.

We should take the BPA regardless of position save for QB. FWIW, I would love Kevin Johnson at 15, think he is a great young talent. If we can somehow end up with Jaelen Strong to be Q's understudy that would also be great.

Trent will prob trade back and take Landon Collins, SS to play nickle
I loved Rashaun Woods...thought he'd be great. Can't see into the heart.
I think the biggest issue is that this draft starts to fall apart quickly after you get past Beasley, imo. What I mean by falling apart is that the opinions on player talent starts to differ wildly such much so we could see players projected as top 15 picks dropping to the end of the first or second.

Drafting 15 in this particular draft isn't great. I think this is the draft to either go up and get Williams or drop down and get someone who will likely be there at 15 and in the low twenties. I'd only advocate moving up to get an interior DL or a left tackle and there aren't any left tackles in the draft worth trading up for otherwise any other position isn't wise.

The only pick I'd entertain at 15 is Gurley anyone else barring a massive drop of top 8 pick isn't worth the 15th pick.

I'm hoping Armstead is a smokescreen (which I think he is) because taking him at 15 makes no sense because you getting a project at 15 and you are banking on upside, which the 49ers can ill afford to do given the many holes.
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I think everyone in the zone should start hoping we draft Armstead at 15. Seriously it's important.

Why the optimism on Armstead?

It's the only way to make sure it doesn't happen.

Don't walk under a ladder or cross paths with a black cat either?
I hope baalke finally learns his lesson in drafting small players early like Jenkins, James and Ward.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I think everyone in the zone should start hoping we draft Armstead at 15. Seriously it's important.

Why the optimism on Armstead?

It's the only way to make sure it doesn't happen.

lol
Originally posted by buck:
2010---Anthony Davis

2010 17 Mike Iupati

2011 7 Aldon Smith

2012 30 A. J. Jenkins

2013 18 Eric Reid

2014 30 Jimmie Ward

Baalke has had six first round picks.

Four have been good.

One has been bad.

One remains to be decided.

Too move up two spots to get Iupati we gave up a 4th (or was it 3rd). Also 1/3 of these guys aren't on the team right now and Ward may end up being super, but at this moment he has one foot in the "not so good zone".
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Too move up two spots to get Iupati we gave up a 4th (or was it 3rd). Also 1/3 of these guys aren't on the team right now and Ward may end up being super, but at this moment he has one foot in the "not so good zone".

Hard to blame the drafter for drafting a guy who was good enough to get a big contract elsewhere.
Baalke delivers on the disappointment!
U were right 1st the Uni's n now Arik Armstead

Smh Smh

Yup. Disappointed.
Well good thing we a 4th rd pick for this waste of a draft pick.
And of course it was ruined again this year, Armstead, what a joke
I certainly wanted a pick that had a little sizzle to it. Need work on the outside for sure, but if he lives up to the draft position it's a great move. Only time will tell. Welcome to the 49ers Arik!

Dan
No way to say for sure but capped by this pick, Niners off season absolutely terrible. A project at 17 ? Cmon.
Share 49ersWebzone