LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

AB81Rules' 2015 NFL Draft Rankings- Top 256, Positional, etc..

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Awesome job! I noticed Ty Montgomery was listed at 75 and 167. On my phone right now so I can't do much research into who you missed at 75, but I'm guessing someone else should go there.

LOL, was meant to be Tyler Lockett, fixed that and addd Shaq Thompson, had two Javorious Allen's in there too. When I make changes I put in the column next to them who the player in that spot should be, so I mixed up Ty Montgomery for Tyler Lockett.
Based on AB's board, the 3 players I hope we target with each pick:

1st Pick: OT Andrus Peat (Staley is getting old, Boone majorly regressed, Davis couldn't stay healthy and hasn't been that great), RB Todd Gurley (can't pass on an extraordinary talent) WR Jaelen Strong (because I'm a homer )

2nd pick: TE Max Williams, ILB Paul Dawson, OT TJ Clemmings

3rd pick: CB Ronald Derby, WR Tyler Lockett, C Hronis Grasu

4th pick: DE Henry Anderson, WR Josh Harper, DT Marcus Hardison

5th pick: FS Damarius Randall, TE Nick O'Leary, OLB Kyle Emanuel

6th pick: QB Sean Mannion, ILB Mike Hull, CB Gaines

7th pick: WR Tony Lippett, TE Blake Bell, OT Corey Robinson

8th-9th pick: WR Titus Davis, DT Leterius Walton,
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Based on AB's board, the 3 players I hope we target with each pick:

1st Pick: OT Andrus Peat (Staley is getting old, Boone majorly regressed, Davis couldn't stay healthy and hasn't been that great), RB Todd Gurley (can't pass on an extraordinary talent) WR Jaelen Strong (because I'm a homer )

2nd pick: TE Max Williams, ILB Paul Dawson, OT TJ Clemmings

3rd pick: CB Ronald Derby, WR Tyler Lockett, C Hronis Grasu

4th pick: DE Henry Anderson, WR Josh Harper, DT Marcus Hardison

5th pick: FS Damarius Randall, TE Nick O'Leary, OLB Kyle Emanuel

6th pick: QB Sean Mannion, ILB Mike Hull, CB Gaines

7th pick: WR Tony Lippett, TE Blake Bell, OT Corey Robinson

8th-9th pick: WR Titus Davis, DT Leterius Walton,

I love Strong man, I am all for Jaelen Strong in rd 1 if we decide to go WR. I think guys like Cooper, White, and Parker will be gone by pick 15. DGB I like, but I see him possibly falling out of rd 1. Gurley is one of my favorite prospects, I can see him going top 10 easily.

Also a huge fan of Marcus Hardison, would be a nice 3-4 DE for us.

I also love Peat, I almost wanted to put him over Ereck Flowers, I think he is a Anchor on any Offensive Line for the next 10-15 years.
Impressive body of work, AB. Always respect those who take the time to do the research, as I know that while it's fun, it still can be an exhausting process. Kudos to you, and good work, my friend.

One guy no one is talking about that I would be interested in landing is Michigan's Frank Clark. Played the hybrid DE/OLB rusher position for that team and was frequently disruptive. On the field and in his athletic testing, he proved plenty athletic enough to handle that role, and word on the street is he's becoming a major riser recently after his domestic violence case was dismissed.

He doesn't quite make the cut on my Top 50 list I posted up yesterday, but if the character checked out satisfactorily, I'd pull the trigger somewhere between the 3rd to 4th round.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 29, 2015 at 6:35 AM ]
I see you have DBG as the 22nd rank player would you be fine with grabbing him at 15?

Also you don't think Anderson is a top 100 pick?

Thanks for the write up
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Impressive body of work, AB. Always respect those who take the time to do the research, as I know that while it's fun, it still can be an exhausting process. Kudos to you, and good work, my friend.

One guy no one is talking about that I would be interested in landing is Michigan's Frank Clark. Played the hybrid DE/OLB rusher position for that team and was frequently disruptive. On the field and in his athletic testing, he proved plenty athletic enough to handle that role, and word on the street is he's becoming a major riser recently after his domestic violence case was dismissed.

He doesn't quite make the cut on my Top 50 list I posted up yesterday, but if the character checked out satisfactorily, I'd pull the trigger somewhere between the 3rd to 4th round.

Kudos to you OTC, AB and MadDog. You are our resident experts and I personally, thank all three of you for your diligent work on this!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Kudos to you OTC, AB and MadDog. You are our resident experts and I personally, thank all three of you for your diligent work on this!

Always appreciate the kind words NC, and I'm always happy to provide whatever information I can to help keep us all on top of things and as informed as possible. I'm sure MD and AB feel the same. Always fun to share notes and thoughts on prospects as well.

Just one day 'til the unofficial "Draft King Showdown" commences. Pumped beyong belief.

Thanks OTC, that means a lot, I have always enjoyed your work. I like Clark, would be a nice fit for us, I can see him the 3rd-4th rd for sure.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I see you have DBG as the 22nd rank player would you be fine with grabbing him at 15?

Also you don't think Anderson is a top 100 pick?

Thanks for the write up

Thanks man.

I wouldn't have an issue with DGB at 15, but I think he falls out of rd 1. This board is more how I feel about the players, I don't see Winston going 14th I think I have him there, he is going top 2 IMO, I'm just not the biggest Winston fan. This years QB class is mediocre at best.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Always appreciate the kind words NC, and I'm always happy to provide whatever information I can to help keep us all on top of things and as informed as possible. I'm sure MD and AB feel the same. Always fun to share notes and thoughts on prospects as well.

Just one day 'til the unofficial "Draft King Showdown" commences. Pumped beyong belief.

Definitely. It will be fun to see how many the three of us correctly predict in the 256 to be selected. Usually the "fan" sites do better than the so called "experts" like Mayock, McShay, and Kiper.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Thanks OTC, that means a lot, I have always enjoyed your work. I like Clark, would be a nice fit for us, I can see him the 3rd-4th rd for sure.

The anticipation is just killer.

Think we should have a little thread, after we all post our final projection boards, that includes the 7 round projections and our final Top 50 Big Boards.
wow that was a great read. gets me pumped for the draft!
The anticipation is just killer.

Think we should have a little thread, after we all post our final projection boards, that includes the 7 round projections and our final Top 50 Big Boards.

It is, this anticipation is killing me right now, after Midnight here on the East Coast, so not that much longer till it's time.

I wanted to do a 1 rd mock, but man I hate mocks so much, with all the trade talk, seems pointless almost. I wonder how many these so called experts get right in their final mocks compared to others, like you, MD, myself, and other websites that aren't considered expert websites.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
wow that was a great read. gets me pumped for the draft!

Thanks Gold, you can check out my draft site for more info, http://www.pigskinprospects.com/, I have combine numbers, etc... Only thing I didn't get done was player profiles for the prospects. Next year I plan on a much better system. I peaked at DraftInsiders website, man I'm jealous with the wealth of info he has, I think it's Tony Pauline's site, man nice site.
Another thing, I really miss the old format, weekend, starting at Noon Est, then in 2009 when they decided to move it to 3 PM Eastern on a Saturday, I was in Florida for vacation, up at 8AM, couldn't sleep, too excited.

So 1 of 2 things will happen tomorrow, 1. I wake up at 8AM and can't sleep, or 2. I am able to sleep till 4 PM and only have 4 Hrs till round 1.

But boy do I miss those days of being on Sat and Sun and being early in the morning. Feel for the West Coasters, seems like forever from now until 5PM Pacific.
Share 49ersWebzone