There are 176 users in the forums

Mocktober rounds 1-7

Rd 1 Danny Shelton DT Washington 6-2 338:

Powerful force in the middle will make it easier for others to make plays.

RD 2 Ronald Darby CB Florida St. 5-11 193:

Fast and agile mover ready to step in be a day one starter.

RD 3 Ty Lockett WR Kansas 5-10 182

Quick and speedy route runner, will become primary kick and punt returner right off the bat.

RD 4 David Cobb RB Minnesota 5-11 229

Powerful move the chains type of RB, will need somebody like this if Hyde gets hurt.

RD 4 Jamon Brown OT Louisville 6-4 323

Experienced at both tackle spots, has the length and quickness to potentially play LT but could also be an option at OG.

RD 5 Hayes Pullard LB USC 6-0 240

Four year starter for the Trojans, looks really good in pass coverage.

RD 6 Kyshoen Jarret S Virginia Tech 5-10 200

Tough nosed and productive player who, hopefully sooner rather than later, will replace Barbie Dahl as the Niners third option at safety.

RD 7 Jordan Taylor WR Rice 6-4 209

Tall and agile receiver with good body control, possible redzone target.

RD 7 Rory Anderson TE South Carolina 6-5 244

Athletic pass catcher with some open field elusiveness.
[ Edited by Needle on Apr 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM ]
I could live with this.
I think you found the smallest player at every position. J/k. But Baalke does like his size for sure.
Lockett will be an early 2nd IMO
Sign me up
Nice
Shelton is my pick, we have Patton and Ellington do we need another smallish receiver in Lockett?
No we don't need a 5-10 182 lb WR, but if Lockett is available @79 he's too good to pass on. Guy runs good routes, returns punts, and is the type of receiver that has given Seattle problems.
Nice draft. I like Lockett in the third.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Shelton is my pick, we have Patton and Ellington do we need another smallish receiver in Lockett?

My thoughts as well..

Originally posted by Needle:
No we don't need a 5-10 182 lb WR, but if Lockett is available @79 he's too good to pass on. Guy runs good routes, returns punts, and is the type of receiver that has given Seattle problems.

It just seems like we have a roster full of this type of player...I believe we thought the same thing with B. Ellington.
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

My thoughts as well..

size goes out the window when you get open on a constant basis, look at T.Y, Cobb, Brown ...they are all similar size and killed it.
I really don't like the Darby pick. I just don't see him starting or having an impact for years.

I'm convinced the Pats will land Lockett. Be the Pats also gives Brady a quick read in the form of a shifty, quick WR... Welker/Ammendola/Edelman. It's a plug and play position that fits Lockett's skill set. I'm convinced Baalke will draft a big WR if he drafts one early. He's tired of seeing our WRs get pushed around by Seattle. Crabtree was bullied and tormented by them. It would be fun to see Sherman try to cover Lockett. After he gets passed him once or twice it'll force a safety over the top.
Originally posted by strickac:
I really don't like the Darby pick. I just don't see him starting or having an impact for years.

I'm convinced the Pats will land Lockett. Be the Pats also gives Brady a quick read in the form of a shifty, quick WR... Welker/Ammendola/Edelman. It's a plug and play position that fits Lockett's skill set. I'm convinced Baalke will draft a big WR if he drafts one early. He's tired of seeing our WRs get pushed around by Seattle. Crabtree was bullied and tormented by them. It would be fun to see Sherman try to cover Lockett. After he gets passed him once or twice it'll force a safety over the top.

NE currently has two of those players on the team lol....quick/shifty WR's are what give the LOB issues. They prefer to play against bigger WRs that can't get off the line as fast.

Lockett is a LOB killer
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM ]
I like lockett as a player but I don't see the niners taking him
Share 49ersWebzone