LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Two first round picks?

If someone is there at the end of the first I would give a 2nd and a 4th to move back into the 1st but I think a move like that would cost next years #1.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I think the only logical way the team ends up with two 1st rounders is:

A) Trading back to the mid 20s...getting a late second and 5th or so in return.

B) Using #46 and 79 and that 5th to jump back into the 31st or 32nd slot.

This way you still have a late second to fill what you want to fill.

Ding Ding Ding winner. This trade works out via the draft trade chart. The super plus is you get two players with a fifth year option.

I think this is possible, if Davante Parker, Trae Waynes and Shelton are all gone by 15, a team like Philly could trade up for the rights to Gurley. Niners drop 5 spots and pick up an additional draft pick. I think the draft value chart might get thrown out because of Gurleys talent (or I hope.). To drop 5 spots would only equal a third round pick.

New England probably would trade back as they always value two 2nd round picks over 1 first round pick.

I agree. Not with the specific teams necessarily (Philly and NE), but in general. It's not a terribly likely scenario, but if we trade back 5-7 spots or so, then we will have the ammo to move back up to the end of the first round without giving up picks we need in those rounds.

I could see us trading back and pick up one of the CBs or DLs at say 20ish and grabbing the other or a WR who fell into 28-32 range. Or even to make sure we get the ILB we covet.
Panthers are in play as well. No Hardy plus an aging Charles Johnson necessitates a young elite pass rusher to keep that defense where it is. A Gregory fall would be of interest to them.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 27, 2015 at 12:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone