LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Two first round picks?

Many of your mocks feature the team trading back into the first to add an additional pick.

A few of you have projected the team even moving up into he top ten.

So I ask you now, WHAT IF THE TEAM STAYS AT 15, MAKES THE PICK, AND THEN TRADES BACK INTO THE TAIL END OF THE FIRST?

If Baalke see's a target dropping, would he give up a 2nd and a 4th to grab him? Much like the Vikings last year giving up the 40th and 108th overall to SEA for #32 to take Bridgewater.

Are you intrigued enough with the talent in the bottom of the first to get excited about this? I think if the right guys is dropping, I'd be willing to make the move.
[ Edited by Brando85 on Apr 26, 2015 at 12:19 PM ]
Armstead and DGB please.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Armstead and DGB please.

Yeah I think DGB is the guy that most will point to as a possible late round swoop in.
I will say that giving up #46 means no inside linebacker until the third. I know many of you had Anthony or Dawson slotted to the team in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Brando85:
Many of your mocks feature the team trading back into the first to add an additional pick.

So I ask you now, WHAT IF THE TEAM STAYS AT 15, MAKES THE PICK, AND THEN TRADES BACK INTO THE TAIL END OF THE FIRST?

If Baalke see's a target dropping, would he give up a 2nd and a 4th to grab him? Much like the Vikings last year giving up the 40th and 108th overall to SEA for #32 to take Bridgewater.

Are you intrigued enough with the talent in the bottom of the first to get excited about this? I think if the right guys is dropping, I'd be willing to make the move.

We aren't getting back in the 1st round with our late 4th round pick... we may be able to get into the 29-32 range with our mid-3rd round pick depending on how is available and whether any of those teams are willing to trade back.
Armstead and DGB please.

I might cry if those are the picks.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Armstead and DGB please.

I might cry if those are the picks.

well you can start crying out of One eye a least.lol
Given how deep our 4th is I will say that we'd have to add something else into the pot, and I doubt Baalke would give up a third.
I predicted this last year, and I was wrong.
While I can't accurately predict the first two picks, I can accurately predict there will be another one of these threads

I think the only logical way the team ends up with two 1st rounders is:

A) Trading back to the mid 20s...getting a late second and 5th or so in return.

B) Using #46 and 79 and that 5th to jump back into the 31st or 32nd slot.

This way you still have a late second to fill what you want to fill.

Only way I see this happening is if we get lucky and one of the guys that Baalke likes falls to us at #15. It would be a short list of Waynes, Shelton or Parker I'm assuming. Then if Peters is around at the very end of the 1st, I can see Baalke making a move but it's going to be expensive. Just means we short ourselves a 3rd rounder (think ILB or OL) to move up.

I just think it's a draft where you move back, not up this year.....
I will say that giving up #46 means no inside linebacker until the third. I know many of you had Anthony or Dawson slotted to the team in the 2nd.

trade our 4th to Philly for Kendricks He is getting moved on draft day, might as well bring him to SF.
Originally posted by reasonable1:

Ding Ding Ding winner. This trade works out via the draft trade chart. The super plus is you get two players with a fifth year option.

I think this is possible, if Davante Parker, Trae Waynes and Shelton are all gone by 15, a team like Philly could trade up for the rights to Gurley. Niners drop 5 spots and pick up an additional draft pick. I think the draft value chart might get thrown out because of Gurleys talent (or I hope.). To drop 5 spots would only equal a third round pick.

New England probably would trade back as they always value two 2nd round picks over 1 first round pick.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by reasonable1:

Ding Ding Ding winner. This trade works out via the draft trade chart. The super plus is you get two players with a fifth year option.

I think this is possible, if Davante Parker, Trae Waynes and Shelton are all gone by 15, a team like Philly could trade up for the rights to Gurley. Niners drop 5 spots and pick up an additional draft pick. I think the draft value chart might get thrown out because of Gurleys talent (or I hope.). To drop 5 spots would only equal a third round pick.

New England probably would trade back as they always value two 2nd round picks over 1 first round pick.

Philly drafts Gurley after signing Matthews/Murray that doesn't make much sense....I doubt Gurley makes it to us at 15 regardless.

All this trading down like teams are just willing to give up picks is silly, I'm guessing 80% of the teams in the top 15 would love to trade down in this draft....got to remember you need another team to trade with.....
Share 49ersWebzone