LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Crew's last mock before Draft with trade down

• crew
  • Veteran
Less than a week away,will be interesting to see which direction Baalke goes as he has several options.
First off, believe Baalke is going WR and CB with first 2 picks. If Cooper falls to #9 or later, Baalke may consider trading up for him.
There is a possibility that Parker is still on the board at #15, and if so, Baalke takes him. If the big 3 WRs are off the board, he may take Armstead at #15.
I believe though Baalke will trade down into the 20's, pass on Trae Waynes (if there at #15) and take a CB later in the 1st and pick up at least an extra 3rd Rd. pick.
My mock reflects this last scenario:

Round 1: CB Byron Jones - UConn - picked Jones over Peters due to his leadership capabilities
alternatives: Marcus Peters, Kevin Johnson - would be fine with either of these two. Collins falls out of 1st due to failed drug testing.

Round 2: WR Dorial Green-Beckham - Missouri - see DGB sliding into 2nd Rd. now, possible he doesn't make it to #46.
alternatives: Devin Smith, Devin Funchess or go with ILB (Anthony, Dawson, Perryman).

Round 3: DE Henry Anderson - Stanford - very possible that Anderson goes end of 2nd or top of 3rd. Baalke may have to trade up to get him.
alternatives: Marcus Hardison - excellent choice here as well.

Round 3: OLB Kwon Alexander - LSU - see Baalke bulking him up a little and moving him inside.
alternatives: Paul Dawson, Denzyl Perryman (outside chance that either of them still on board here). If all 3 off the board, look for an ILB like Jake Ryan, Mike Hull or Taiwan Jones in the 4th Rd.

Round 4: DT Bobby Richardson - Indiana - great motor, long arms, large hands, big upside, rising up the board.
alternatives: Leterrius Walton, Derrick Lott

Round 4: OG Jeremiah Poutasi – Utah
alternatives: Mark Glowinski, Mitch Morse, Jamil Douglas

Round 5: OLB Obum Gwacham - Oregon State - great measurables and upside, needs a year to develop.
alternatives: Kyle Emanuel or 2 NTs - Xavier Williams, Tyeler Davison

Round 6: RB Terrence Magee - LSU
alternatives - Karlos Williams, Matt Jones

Round 7: CB/S Tray Walker – Texas Southern - may have to trade up to get him.
alternatives: Nick Marshall, Deshazor Everett

Round 7: QB Bryan Bennett – Southeastern Louisiana
alternatives: Connor Halliday, Blake Sims, Cody Fajardo
I would love this draft

Not sure DGB makes it to 46 and not sure jones makes it out of the top 20 (judging on what people are saying)

This would be a A+ draft but we would need a lot of these guys to fall...
  • crew
  • Veteran
DGB can possibly go to Saints or Pats at end of Rd 1, in Rd 2, if the Bears go defense, they may take a WR in the 2nd, Rams Saints also possibilities.
Baalke may consider moving up to top of 2nd to get him. The other alternative is to take DGB in lower 1st (trade down with Dallas at #27) and go CB in the 2nd (maybe Jalen Collins falls to #46 due to his failed drug testing).
If Baalke & Tomsula are convinced Peters' troubles are behind him, he'd be my pick over Jones.

I don't see Baalke picking DGB...plenty of good WR's in this draft without baggage. ILB or pass rusher at 2nd spot.

Don't see Baalke picking Macgee...maybe Matt Jones, David Cobb.

Know nothing about Gwachum...but NFL.com draft profiles likens Max Valles to Aaron Lynch. Raw, but also great upside, very athletic player.

No TE...pretty important given Vernon's arguably in his last year as a Niner. Only Carrier looks to have any real receiving skills. I can see Baalke grabbing Clive Walford early...playmaker who can block.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Baalke & Tomsula are convinced Peters' troubles are behind him, he'd be my pick over Jones.

I don't see Baalke picking DGB...plenty of good WR's in this draft without baggage. ILB or pass rusher at 2nd spot.

Don't see Baalke picking Macgee...maybe Matt Jones, David Cobb.

Know nothing about Gwachum...but NFL.com draft profiles likens Max Valles to Aaron Lynch. Raw, but also great upside, very athletic player.

No TE...pretty important given Vernon's arguably in his last year as a Niner. Only Carrier looks to have any real receiving skills. I can see Baalke grabbing Clive Walford early...playmaker who can block.

I could easily see Peters in Rd1 and Funchess/Smith in Rd2. I'm also starting to think that Devante Parker will be there at #15 and Baalke takes him there. Then in Rd2 he can grab either a CB (Darby or Collins) or take Walford TE (Walford's probably gone by Niners 3rd Rd pick) .
Share 49ersWebzone