LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

First and only crack at a mock

Not a fan of the trade, Philly only has about $8.6M in cap room, so that deal may not make sense from a cap stand point for them, plus we would only save $1M. I rather deal a 4th for Mychal Kendricks.

Good draft though.
Originally posted by enjumuneer:
Originally posted by mickyd49er:
I like your draft a lot other than taking a receiver #1.
I could overlook it if it was Strong. Just don't want DBG at all.

I'm not a huge fan of Strong. Doesn't create separation very well and is just as big of a raw talent risk as DGB, but with a much lower ceiling. I guess I just feel like DGB is the guy that teams will be kicking themselves for passing on this draft...just like Randy Moss.

I see we don't agree on Strong, but DGB is a headcase.. no doubt. Really I just feel like there are a lot of quality receivers in this draft to take one in the first. We are paying Smith 8 mill a year and Boldin not going to the bench. I expect we will resign him for another 1-2 years. If we were the Colts or Saints I may feel differently
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Great draft.

The trade could work out well for both teams.

I think we can move down and still get DGB

Would have liked a bigger RB but Abdullah is a good back.

I really don't think Henry Anderson will be there in the 4th and we may even have to move up to get him in the 3rd

My thought exactly.
If we are targetting DGB in round 1 I would trade back and get an extra pick and risk him still being there. If not there would be plenty of great players still on the board who could help us.

I can't see taking a change of pace back at #46. I would trade back 10 spots and get an extra 3rd and see if he was still there. If not there are a lot of good backs we could take instead and we would have an extra pick.

Anderson looks like a great fit for us at DE but I don't think he is there at the back end of the 4th round.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
Love the idea of trading Brooks for Kendricks, but I doubt Philly would do that for a guy on the downhill side of his career, + huge contract
Im from Philly and thats my second team, so i follow them pretty close

Nice mock, though I'd take J.Strong, he's being underrated on the W'Zone like the Philly pick Rice's cousin Matthews was last year

As a former coach..If ability is close, I'll take the guy with the right attitude and work ethic

this
Share 49ersWebzone