LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

'Faithful' mock 1.0 and only 1.0

Every year I usually do 100 mocks, but this year I decided to wait and do 1. No sense racking your brain with 1,000 guesses so here goes...

Round 1 #15.
WR Nelson Agholor- A lil' higher than most have him, and yes.. USC WR's are bad luck or busts in the past, but I think he is legit and Kap needs WR's that can get open fast with great route running due to his inability to go through his reads. I would love more of a redzone threat, but that will be where round 5 comes in. Most want a DB.. I think the DB's that we have are very underrated. Rumors of the Eagles wanting Nelson early are out as well.

Round 2 #46.
ILB Denzel Perryman- To me a perfect fit, wears 52 in which he will have to switch, but if he is there at this pick I will be pumped. Obviously fills a huge need and is not rumored to retire a week into camp!

Round 3 #79.
DE Henry Anderson- I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he falls to the 3rd and Baalke would take a Harbaugh recruited talent. To me he is a great replacement for Justin Smith and they will def. be looking for a clone of him in this draft.

Round 4 #126.
DB Senquez Golson- Ball hawk, scrappy DB for his size and exactly what is needed on this defense. I would love to have a bigger DB, but this could be the BPA in this area. He could very well go higher, but most mocks have him in the 4th round in which we have 2 picks.

Round 4 Comp. #132.
DL Marcus Hardison- Rising on boards as of late could have him gone at this pick, but if not.. I think would be a good fit and the depth that is needed.
He has been in a 4-3 scheme, but has played DE, has long arms, quick hands and could convert really easily to any scheme.

Round 5 #151.
WR Vince Mayle- At 6'3 218 in my mind is a steal at this point. I pray that he is here or we nab him in the 4th or even 3rd round if need be. Redzone threat that is highly needed on this team and backup plan for that 1st round WR bust potential that seems to haunt us.

Round 6 #190.
DB Ladarius Gunter- Another 'U' product that has slid on some boards and again another player that may not be here at this pick, but at 6'2 is the exact
frame that we need to defend the likes of Jimmy Graham, and a mid season matchup with Beckham Jr.
He doesn't possess great recovery speed, but was rated the most physical defender at the senior bowl.

Round 7 #246.
QB Cody Fajardo- Yes.. another QB from Nevada that can run a lil'. (6-foot-1 5/8, 223 pounds) went through an impressive, 54-play scripted workout led by noted quarterback coach Steve Calhoun. Was accurate with his passes and had good velocity on the ball. The quality of his pro day workout lifted him into being a selection in the 2015 NFL Draft.
At the NFL Scouting Combine, was among the top performers at quarterback in the 40-yard dash, three-cone drill and 20-yard short shuttle.

Round 7 #254.
OL/G Quinton Spain- Shows surprising short-area movement skills for a man his size in run game. Can secure and climb to the second level in zone game. Able to generate some push at point of attack with leg drive. Flashes power in his hands, but needs to show it more often. Keeps relatively wide base in pass pro and has very good length for interior player. Nasty, aggressive disposition on the field. Will leave his feet to launch into his help block on defensive linemen trying to bat pass down and loves to punish linebackers and safeties who try and B­-gap blitz him. Consistently looks for work.
We have 10 corners on the team and only 1 feature RB... in a draft class loaded with good RB's.

Switch your 4th round pick to a RB and we're talking.

Love Nelson as the WR pick. He's sneaky good in my opinion. Fearless over the middle, smooth, doesn't get caught from behind. Lots to like about him
Like a lot of the players.

Too high for Agholor - still a good player. I think we can do better.

Excellent call on Perryman. I think he's a real good fit for us.

Love Henry Anderson- BUT we may have to move up to get him and I feel he'll be worth it. really reminds me of Kevin f*gan.

I also like Marcu Hardison DE/DT

Vince Mayle would be a steal at that point

Good mock!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too high for Agholor.
I agree on a RB as well. Also gonna be a lot of UDFA's. I'd rather us fill the holes rather than using a pick on a 3rd string back. Considering Hyde is our current future. But def. wouldn't care if we did.
Meh not a big fan of this Mock... It looks like each pick is a REACH
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Apr 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM ]
U say that now, but wait til those dominoes fall. Every draft 1 pick throws it off and then everyone is like wtf? Just happened! Example is Bruce Irvin going 15th.
I like Agholor, but #15 is just too rich for my blood. Otherwise solid.
Would rather move back & grab Nelson in the 1st