LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Quest4six's 4/21 mock

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Agree with NY. We already have mid-round WRs in Patton and Ellington. Niners already have a first round talent at guard in Thomas. Describing him derogatorily in comparison to someone not even drafted yet is misguided. Some argument could be made for DL, ILB or CB in the first, but not guard. Based on the floundering of the offense last season and they downward spiral since Kaep's first game, I say WR in the first. The Niners have had transient WRs for far too long.

Ah, gotta love optimism
That is highly debatable, and pure speculation at this point. Thomas hasn't played a game of football since 2013. It is now 2015.
Look at how Aldon Smith struggled this season after an offseason and missing nine games. The only difference is Aldon got to come back to the NFL, a level of competition he was used to.
Brandon Thomas is going to come back to a higher level of competition, something that the top picks and healthy player struggle with.

Not to mention we need our guards to be big powerful guys, if I remember correctly a knock on Thomas was he didn't play very powerfully and was more an athletic blocker rather than a mauler. Not like Iupati at all

All I'm saying is when you have one of the most mobile QBs in the NFL, and you've given up 53 sacks... The problem isn't the guys he is throwing to.
Get the man some time and allow him to settle in the pocket, and watch how much better our WRs look
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 23, 2015 at 3:09 PM ]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Amen. Let's get Scherffe or L. Collins whichever is the better pass protector.
Originally posted by fightagainstheartbre:
Thank god that Quest4Six is not our GM. Listen up Quest4six, we are drafting a WR in one of the first three rounds.I bet my life on it.WE NEED to draft a reciever early.Torrey Smith is not enough. Jerome Simpson is camp fodder. Quest4Six knows nothing about our team.

I would not be so confident bro. Also chill out. You can state you opinion without being a duecher.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Agree with NY. We already have mid-round WRs in Patton and Ellington. Niners already have a first round talent at guard in Thomas. Describing him derogatorily in comparison to someone not even drafted yet is misguided. Some argument could be made for DL, ILB or CB in the first, but not guard. Based on the floundering of the offense last season and they downward spiral since Kaep's first game, I say WR in the first. The Niners have had transient WRs for far too long.

Ah, gotta love optimism
That is highly debatable, and pure speculation at this point. Thomas hasn't played a game of football since 2013. It is now 2015.
Look at how Aldon Smith struggled this season after an offseason and missing nine games. The only difference is Aldon got to come back to the NFL, a level of competition he was used to.
Brandon Thomas is going to come back to a higher level of competition, something that the top picks and healthy player struggle with.

Not to mention we need our guards to be big powerful guys, if I remember correctly a knock on Thomas was he didn't play very powerfully and was more an athletic blocker rather than a mauler. Not like Iupati at all

All I'm saying is when you have one of the most mobile QBs in the NFL, and you've given up 53 sacks... The problem isn't the guys he is throwing to.
Get the man some time and allow him to settle in the pocket, and watch how much better our WRs look

I mean you could say the same thing about a rookie coming in to play against higher competition A least Thomas has had a full year around a NFL team learning everything possible from a mental standpoint. What kind of blocking schemes will SF be running? I'd prefer a more athletic OL that might be more balanced in run/pass blocking. Iuapti was a great run-blocking mauler, but was too big/slow to pass-protect.

Apparently Baalke had a 2nd round grade on Thomas before the injury and the reason they drafted him was based on the fact that Iupati was most likely gone.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-had-thomas-rated-second-round-talent

I think those 53 sacks were based on a lot of things. O-line injuries, lack of adjusting the play-book because of those injuries, lack of WRs getting separation quickly (not sure why SJ wasn't played more). Joe Staley even stated the scheme/plays were stupid lol. IF Scherff is there at 15 he will be BPA and would big to good to pass up, but I don't see him making past the top 10.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 24, 2015 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Thank god that Quest4Six is not our GM. Listen up Quest4six, we are drafting a WR in one of the first three rounds.I bet my life on it.WE NEED to draft a reciever early.Torrey Smith is not enough. Jerome Simpson is camp fodder. Quest4Six knows nothing about our team.

I would not be so confident bro. Also chill out. You can state you opinion without being a duecher.

Quest4Six is pretty knowledge about SF/draft prospects so not sure what he's talking about lol.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Ah, gotta love optimism

Id agree to a point. I like Thomas and THINK he will make the jump but to assume is another thing. e still have looney, martin, and thomas though. I believe a battle between the three of them will give us at bare minnimum an average guard. Plus the return of Anthony Davis as well as Kilgore should further solidifies our oline.

I do believe our receivers outside of boldin were terrible because none of them complimented each other. We had a ton of slow possession receivers. While adding Torrey Smith is a start, we do need a third receiver and more tightend production.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Quest4Six is pretty knowledge about SF/draft prospects so not sure what he's talking about lol.

Thanks man
Much appreciated

Normally I'm not one to gloat
But I'm not going to hold you to that bet

You ok there buddy?
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 2, 2015 at 12:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone