LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Quest4six's 4/21 mock

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Bets and polls on a forum are almost as irrelevant as your opinion on my mock.
I've picked the players for a reason, and I doubt we draft a WR in the first three rounds.
My opinion, which I am entitled to

Well... if you've been paying attention to Baalke, he's said more than once that he likes our OL depth. In his own words, he drafted a few OL high last year "for a reason" .... that reason is to play this year.

Also, if you look at the positions that Baalke has been checking out and doing team interviews, WR is at the top of the list. It could all be a smokescreen, but one-on-one meetings are important for every GM.

My money says we go WR in the first 4 rounds and that we dont take a OL in the 1st round. I also dont see Dawson as our 2nd round pick. ILB's are not a prioritized position come draft day, and we already have 2 starters, including an ALL PRO. I think we'll wait on an ILB... Maybe Taiwan Jones in the 4th
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Well... if you've been paying attention to Baalke, he's said more than once that he likes our OL depth. In his own words, he drafted a few OL high last year "for a reason" .... that reason is to play this year.

Also, if you look at the positions that Baalke has been checking out and doing team interviews, WR is at the top of the list. It could all be a smokescreen, but one-on-one meetings are important for every GM.

My money says we go WR in the first 4 rounds and that we dont take a OL in the 1st round. I also dont see Dawson as our 2nd round pick. ILB's are not a prioritized position come draft day, and we already have 2 starters, including an ALL PRO. I think we'll wait on an ILB... Maybe Taiwan Jones in the 4th

He drafted an ACL project and a backup center in the mid/late third round. I don't think that qualifies as a high draft pick.

I'm thinking it is a smokescreen, he's been known to throw a few of those. I believe the reason he is spending so much time with these guys is because they are going to be the mid/late pick he is hoping will pan out. Baalke sometimes finds gold in the middle of the draft (Bowman/Borland/Lynch) and I think he is turning that focus to the WR position.

I think ILB is a huge need for this team.
Not only did we lose Willis, we also lost his back-up Borland. And not only did we lose Borland, we also lost his back-up in Wilhoite.
ILB will be a pick before WR, at least I hope so
I have no problem with drafting an OL in the first round. I'm not sure if one of the best OT will be there at pick 15 but if he is and they think he can lock down the OL for the next 10 or 11 year draft him. I think they can trade down and in the first and still draft a good OL. I'm not sure if they will draft a RB early for at all in this draft. I know he drafts a RB every year but with 3 starting RB are they really going to draft one before round 6? I think none or wait till 6 or round 7.
[ Edited by dlance on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by fightagainstheartbre:
Thank god that Quest4Six is not our GM. Listen up Quest4six, we are drafting a WR in one of the first three rounds.I bet my life on it.WE NEED to draft a reciever early.Torrey Smith is not enough. Jerome Simpson is camp fodder. Quest4Six knows nothing about our team.

It will be in the 1st round and most likely DGB,Baalke has turned over every stone He could find on DGB,Also there is SOmething about those Long-Armed Mizzou Players that Baalke likes,and don`t forget Keap has already been throwing to DGB which Keap said He would love for Baalke to pick Him in this year Draft.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i cant see scherff making it past the rams and the rams probably might have to trade up for him. He is way to good to pass up for anyone who has a whole in their O-line

Whole? lol and exactly where do you see this"Whole" I mean Hole? LT,LG C RG RT? which one of those positions has the hole in it?
Bets and polls on a forum are almost as irrelevant as your opinion on my mock.
I've picked the players for a reason, and I doubt we draft a WR in the first three rounds.
My opinion, which I am entitled to

Now that is what I call fantasizing,because it will be a WR in the 1st 2 rounds,you don`t have to believe me,just watch April 30th.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
i cant see scherff making it past the rams and the rams probably might have to trade up for him. He is way to good to pass up for anyone who has a whole in their O-line

Whole? lol and exactly where do you see this"Whole" I mean Hole? LT,LG C RG RT? which one of those positions has the hole in it?

No need to be disrespectful about his grammar, happens to the best of us.
You seem so sure we are going to be taking a WR first round, have you had a chance to read about how the ACTUAL person making the pick feels about it?
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-WR-Depth-Gives-Trent-Baalke-Draft-Options/956d707c-bfc6-477b-bca5-7801669fed1b
Go ahead, its some good stuff

And anytime you have an offense that thrives off a stout and mauling offensive line, you need to focus on it. We have slowly been getting worse every year and its time we freshened it back up with some new young talent.
We aren't the packers or the saints, this isn't a team/offense that drafts 1st round WR and expects them to make an impact day 1 (cooper and white are the only two exceptions this year)
We thrive around running the ball and protecting the Qb, something we haven't been doing. So why would we add more weapons if we can't feed them the ball?
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:40 PM ]

No need to be disrespectful about his grammar, happens to the best of us.
You seem so sure we are going to be taking a WR first round, have you had a chance to read about how the ACTUAL person making the pick feels about it?
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-WR-Depth-Gives-Trent-Baalke-Draft-Options/956d707c-bfc6-477b-bca5-7801669fed1b
Go ahead, its some good stuff

And anytime you have an offense that thrives off a stout and mauling offensive line, you need to focus on it. We have slowly been getting worse every year and its time we freshened it back up with some new young talent.
We aren't the packers or the saints, this isn't a team/offense that drafts 1st round WR and expects them to make an impact day 1 (cooper and white are the only two exceptions this year)
We thrive around running the ball and protecting the Qb, something we haven't been doing. So why would we add more weapons if we can't feed them the ball?
I`m not being disrespectful ,just joking, But Yeah I read that article twice to make sure I did over look something and the second time I read it,I noticed that Baalke used a key word that stuck out to me "will not be PRESSURED" into... which means to me He`s going to take a WR and He will not be pressured by Teams knowing He`s going to draft a WR in the 1st rd into taking a WR they think He should draft.you what I`m saying.

Now I agree the offense was getting worse each year HAD a lot to Do with Who is not here this year,Fraudbaugh and GRO,this year you will see a change on the Offensive side of the Ball.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM ]
I`m not being disrespectful ,just joking, But Yeah I read that article twice to make sure I did over look something and the second time I read it,I noticed that Baalke used a key word that stuck out to me "will not be PRESSURED" into... which means to me He`s going to take a WR and He will not be pressured by Teams knowing He`s going to draft a WR in the 1st rd into taking a WR they think He should draft.you what I`m saying.

Now I agree the offense was getting worse each year HAD a lot to Do with Who is not here this year,Fraudbaugh and GRO,this year you will see a change on the Offensive side of the Ball.

You and I have different takes as to what he means by that, but I understand where yours is coming from. I just hope we get back to our identity of when we had one of the best offensive and defensive lines in the NFL. I'm a firm believer that you win games in the trenches, and thats what I think this team needs.

Fraudbaugh
I haven't heard that one before, thats a good one lol.

April 30th we will see!
Solid mock, building from the inside out.

I think it's telling that Baalke has neglected the CB position in free agency. I can see our 1st rounder being either Trae Waynes, Jaelen Collins or Marcus Peters. CB is the biggest need hands down.

Thomas, Looney and possibly Martin (Marcus) will compete hard for LG and it's likely that the 49ers will add depth in the draft, but as it stands, we're better off than people think at o-line.

WR and MLB should be addressed with the next two picks. After that, I'd look at D-Line, RB, TE. Then BPA the rest of the way.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
I think it's telling that Baalke has neglected the CB position in free agency. I can see our 1st rounder being either Trae Waynes, Jaelen Collins or Marcus Peters. CB is the biggest need hands down.

Thomas, Looney and possibly Martin (Marcus) will compete hard for LG and it's likely that the 49ers will add depth in the draft, but as it stands, we're better off than people think at o-line.

WR and MLB should be addressed with the next two picks. After that, I'd look at D-Line, RB, TE. Then BPA the rest of the way.

Picked up Shareece Wright in FA and has said openly he has high hopes for DJ Acker and Reaser with vets brock and cook.Not saying he won't go CB first round but he sounds pretty fine with our CB depth so its hard to say. Not pointing a finger at you doc but I have loved reading some of these posts where people act like they know what is going to go down on draft day. Nobody knows and thats just the way Baalke likes it. Can't wait to see how it plays out!!
Thank god that Quest4Six is not our GM. Listen up Quest4six, we are drafting a WR in one of the first three rounds.I bet my life on it.WE NEED to draft a reciever early.Torrey Smith is not enough. Jerome Simpson is camp fodder. Quest4Six knows nothing about our team.

Big talk from behind a keyboard

Yes, the 4 post wonder must have you quivering.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Big talk from behind a keyboard

Yes, the 4 post wonder must have you quivering.

Lol, the dude is betting his life over a mock draft
I know it's somewhat of an expression, but I found that funny still
I think people will have an easier time understanding why I went OL with my first pick, in some ways I was inspired by the Cowboys (yes, the cowboys).

In 2014 (1st round) they drafted
OG- Zach Martin (pro-bowler)

In 2013 (1st round) they drafted
C- Travis Frederick (pro-bowler)

In 2011 (1st round) they drafted
LT- Tyron Smith (pro-bowler)

This is a team that has slowly gotten better over the past couple seasons, yet kept most of their offensive starters (besides the line) in place.
Look at Tony Romo's stats over the past 4 seasons

Notice how the sack rate has dropped every year? Notice any other trends that are rising with the sack rate dropping? His completion percentage has gone up, he has thrown more TDs and less INTs

Look at Demarco Murrays stats

Look at Dez Bryant's stats

Every single year they are slowing getting better. There are probably some that will say its because they are learning the offense and getting towards their prime (and yes that is a big part), but you can't ignore their drafting habits.
They've had guys like Cole Beasley, Terrance Williams, Miles Austin, and Kevin Ogletree become legitimate threats due to the time Romo has had in the pocket. I'm telling you, there is a correlation between having a great line, and having a successful offense. Our passing problems don't start by changing who we are throwing to, it starts by changing the time we are allowing our QB to throw with.
Share 49ersWebzone