2) Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson

3) Henry Anderson DE/DT Stanford

4) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon

4) Javoris "Buck" Allen RB USC

5) Jeremiah Poutasi OT Utah

6) Terry Williams NT ECU

7) Brandon Bridge QB South Alabama

7) Brian Vogler TE Alabama

I dig it as a whole, with the exception of the first round pick..

I like Strong, but not at 15.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vcstriker16:

I agree that Strong is a reach. I would really like Parker but I think he will gone at #15. I do see Strong as a 1st round receiver, though he would look a lot better later in the round.
I really like it, with all the amazing talent at WR, Strong gets pushed towards the bottom of the 1st, possible top of 2nd, but his ability to highpoint the ball and redirect his body to the poorly thrown ball would help Kaep SO much. Its a slight reach but I like that better than DGB.

2-4 are damn near perfect, but I doubt that Poutasi lasts till the 5th round. Don't know much about the other guys.

Really good mock!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:
I really like it, with all the amazing talent at WR, Strong gets pushed towards the bottom of the 1st, possible top of 2nd, but his ability to highpoint the ball and redirect his body to the poorly thrown ball would help Kaep SO much. Its a slight reach but I like that better than DGB.

2-4 are damn near perfect, but I doubt that Poutasi lasts till the 5th round. Don't know much about the other guys.

Really good mock!

Thanks. I agree with you on DGB, he is just to risky for the 1st round IMO.
Poutasi is might be wishful thinking in the 5th.
I'd rather see Baalke take a beastly DL like Goldman or Malcolm Brown in the 1st...plenty of good WR's later on. Might negate the need to take another NT.

As for Olomu, he's coming off a serious knee injury and isn't the biggest CB. I can see Baalke taking a bigger guy...

I can also see Baalke taking an OL like Donovan Smith...who can play OT in the NFL, & if he were to choose Poutasi, move him to OG.

Also think 7th rd is way too late to take a TE, given Vernon's in his contract season and other than maybe Carrier, there's very little receiving talent at the position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick Clive Walford early...dude's quite a playmaker and could take over for Vernon in 2016.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd rather see Baalke take a beastly DL like Goldman or Malcolm Brown in the 1st...plenty of good WR's later on. Might negate the need to take another NT.

As for Olomu, he's coming off a serious knee injury and isn't the biggest CB. I can see Baalke taking a bigger guy...

I can also see Baalke taking an OL like Donovan Smith...who can play OT in the NFL, & if he were to choose Poutasi, move him to OG.

Also think 7th rd is way too late to take a TE, given Vernon's in his contract season and other than maybe Carrier, there's very little receiving talent at the position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick Clive Walford early...dude's quite a playmaker and could take over for Vernon in 2016.

a lot of people have us going DL in the 1st, but I am in the big bodied WR camp.
I not impressed with any of the TE's in this years class,I am still hoping for VM to show up.
can't wait for the draft

My sentiments exactly.

Stephone Anthony would be gold in the second round.

And I love me some Terry Williams!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
My sentiments exactly.

I am definitely on the Terry Williams Bandwagon
Originally posted by Andra:
Thanks. I agree with you on DGB, he is just to risky for the 1st round IMO.
Poutasi is might be wishful thinking in the 5th.

You need to read the link about DGB,it will open your eyes about some of the things you fear,the Guy is not the Monster that folks on the board and in the news make him out to be,with that said I would take DGB in a Heartbeat and not be concerned about OFF-FIELD issues.

you need to give baalke whatever youre smoking cause this is a decent draft
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
You need to read the link about DGB,it will open your eyes about some of the things you fear,the Guy is not the Monster that folks on the board and in the news make him out to be,with that said I would take DGB in a Heartbeat and not be concerned about OFF-FIELD issues.

I hope that he turns out to be a great WR, I'm just not sold.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
you need to give baalke whatever youre smoking cause this is a decent draft

thanks
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

My sentiments exactly.

A nice draft but Baalke can trade down and still land Strong plus a second rounder.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
A nice draft but Baalke can trade down and still land Strong plus a second rounder.

you are probably right about trading down. I didn't show any trades it's just to hard to predict. I guess I created a wishlist more then a true mock draft
Share 49ersWebzone