LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Draft Day

• JMC52
  • Veteran
So I just watched this movie and im really hoping we can pull of something like Costner did and get a 6th overall for 3 2nd rounders and get a big name WR, thoughts?
Horrible movie and horrible draft plan.
I don't watch movies with Costner in them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Come on 3 2nds for a 6th overall is great value! We just need to find that jags owner
Don't hold your breath.

We would never get the 6th overall pick for 2 #2s. NEVER. We might not be able to get to the 6th overall pick for this year's 1 and 2 and next years 2, and that's a hell of a lot more draft capital than 3 years of #2s.
With a deep WR class again, there's absolutely no reason to trade up to get a quality receiver. Picking at #15, Baalke should have quite a few on the board to choose from. Even if he gets a good enough offer to trade down, he can still get a quality WR. He has a number of other needs to fill and trading up won't enable that, trading down will.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

had to be Costner's worse movie ever! He just sucked as an GM or whatever he was!
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Just a joke thread, Costner raped the jags. The movie was unrealistic but I still enjoyed it with the draft coming up:)

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:

had to be Costner's worse movie ever! He just sucked as an GM or whatever he was!
however you had to have liked the niner footage in the movie!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

this
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Solid cast.

I wish they would have gone with a more realistic draft order? I think doing something that close to the actual draft they should have just used real teams positions and stuff like that, still liked it though. Jennifer garner was good too.

That movie is f**king garbage.

I used to work for the league and I was embarrassed to have any connection whatsoever to that film. Terrible script, terrible execution... God I'm getting angry just writing about it.

There are so many basic things it gets wrong, let alone how bad the dead-dad-pregnant-girlfriend storyline is. Why is there video department made up of one guy? Why does a majority of their coaching staff not know anything about how a prospect got suspended? When would an athlete ever storm out of the green room like a child? When would those kind of trades EVER happen?

The ONE thing that movie gets right is that they actually remembered the salary cap, in which Jennifer Garner pretty much just says over and over again "yeah, we'll make that work." f**k that movie so hard.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Solid cast.

I wish they would have gone with a more realistic draft order? I think doing something that close to the actual draft they should have just used real teams positions and stuff like that, still liked it though. Jennifer garner was good too.

Goooooooood nooooooooo.
Share 49ersWebzone