LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

NYNiner85 last mock with trades

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Because it will cost more than two 2nd's to move up to get Cooper. That's why I didn't comment. It's unrealistic.

I just provided you an example of a team moving up to the 3rd spot and only gave up their 2nd and 12th pick, so not sure how you can say it's not realistic. Sammy Watkins trade has the same value (9th in 2014,19th and 115th in 2015) as the 15th, 45th in 2015 and a 2nd in 2016 and I actually believe it's much better.

Also a team like the Jets might feel that a player they want will be there at 15 (Gregory or Collins) that they would feel more than fine with moving down 9 spots and gaining two seconds would be worth it.

You don't have to agree with me, but we have seen plenty of drafts were teams want to move down because they have a ton of needs like the Jets. They need a pass rusher or OT and there should be one sitting there at 15.

Also unrealistic because too many teams between 4 & 15 need a WR. It's not gonna happen man. Baalke likes to accumulate draft picks... it goes against everything we know.

Accumulate more picks? He has moved up twice in the past 4 drafts in the 1st. Trent tried moving up for OBJ last year.He's drafted half of a game day roster with the past two drafts. How many more players do you want on the team? How about we let those young players actually get some playing time because that's why they were drafted. SF should also be getting more than a couple comp picks in 2016.

A lot of those teams aren't a WR away from being good (there's a reason they're in the top 15). If someone sells the farm than fine, but it's far from unrealistic that Baalke won't be calling up to throw out offers.

But he didn't move up to get ODBJR... because it was too expensive.

We're a running team. They want to run, not pass. I could see them going OL or DL just as easily as WR.

And furthermore, all of your posts disregard the fact that many teams in the top-15 need WR's. Why would they trade down? Raiders, Bears, Giants, Rams, Saints, Vikes, & Browns all need help at the position.

I'm just saying, your scenario is highly unlikely. Even you have to admit that.

Correct because he wanted to move up from 30th to 12th that a pretty big leap. I just stating he has moved up in the 1st before and he's tried to in the last draft.

If we are just a running team why did he give Kap cash and sign Smith?

Those teams for the most part are not one player away from being good, maybe they feel there are good prospects at WR in the 2nd and 3rd like everyone else keeps saying.

It's just a mock man lol...I wanted to show we COULD move up for someone like Cooper and still get great players. There has been talk about SF moving up so, we will agree to disagree. Also you must have missed how I said this is unlikely at the top of the mock, just something I would like to happen and trying to make it as realistic as possible.
Timley article is timley.
I think everyone needs to calm down. The OP has come up with a trade that makes sense via the draft trade chart.

If the Niners walk away with a player the calibur of Amari Cooper and Henry Anderson, two hgh character individuals that could be on the team for 10 years, sure that sounds good to me. '

That sounds a lot better than folks who want us to draft Dorial Green Beckham and trade up to get Marcus Peters. Two questionable characters.
Timley article is timley.

I can throw a article out as well

http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/4/3/8337881/2015-nfl-draft-rumors-san-francisco-49ers-fell-in-love-with-amari-cooper
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think everyone needs to calm down. The OP has come up with a trade that makes sense via the draft trade chart.

If the Niners walk away with a player the calibur of Amari Cooper and Henry Anderson, two hgh character individuals that could be on the team for 10 years, sure that sounds good to me. '

That sounds a lot better than folks who want us to draft Dorial Green Beckham and trade up to get Marcus Peters. Two questionable characters.

quality over quantity is what we need at this point. The depth is there and I was able to come away with 9 players including a pro-bowl ILB.
Share 49ersWebzone