LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

NYNiner85 last mock with trades

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
They're going to want another first for cooper

Why? Draft value shows a 2nd and 4th is actually fair value. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

If they want a future 1st then no dice.

I expect the price to be similar to what it cost to get Sammy Watkins.
They're going to want another first for cooper

Why? Draft value shows a 2nd and 4th is actually fair value. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

If they want a future 1st then no dice.

I expect the price to be similar to what it cost to get Sammy Watkins.

Right the bills swapped 1st with the Browns then sent their 2015 1st and 4th...a 2nd this year is valued as a future 1st based on past trades.

Teams want picks THIS year, so a 2nd in this draft is more valuable than a future 1st and we wouldn't be moving up to 4.
Don't want to give up that much for a WR
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Just...stop. This isn't the year to trade up in the 1st rd...Baalke doesn't have the luxury of so many vets that he can gamble like that. There's a lot of quality depth he needs to replenish and maybe draft a starter or two. Besides that, this is a deep receiver draft...so TB can take BPA at #15 or trade down and get another high pick. I get Cooper looks like a can't miss prospect...but there are plenty of WR's worthy of drafting. No reason to burn a couple of 2nd rd picks in the process. Remember, it's the team, the team, the team.

Oh yes lets just REACH for your draft crash in Goldman....you probably saw the 1st trade then stopped reading lol.

Cooper would make our QB and the TEAM better. He is great on all levels of the field and will actually help the offense score points and stay on the field. I love a good defense, but I'd rather see some balance and TDs not FGs....it would be nice to have a WR that defense actually have to game plan for.

I came away with a pro-bowl ILB,two good DL prospects, a HUGE upgrade a WR which will be a issue after this year, and a ton of prospects (9 picks) at positions SF is known to develop well.

There are no WRs in next years draft that are close to the player Cooper is.

You're going to be very disappointed next week.

You think they're gonna reach for a 2 down NT? Because I don't...

They won't trade up.

My prediction... they either stay put or trade down and take a WR or DT. I don't think Baalke will burn an early pick on a CB (he never has unless you count Ward), but I could be wrong.

They will not trade up though. Too pricey, especially with the Sammy Watkins-precedent last year.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Don't want to give up that much for a WR

Fair enough...I think he would help the QB (he is always open), Kap would be able to get the ball out of his hands much quicker which will help our o-line, SF would be able to create longer drives which keeps the defense fresher (this needs to happen), and Cooper would help all the other offensive skilled positions because we will actually have a WR that defenses have to plan for.

Perfect example is OBJ, look how bad that offense was before he stepped on the field. Eli is not elite and neither is that o-line, but OBJ actually kept them in games. We need to stop wasting picks on "diamonds in the rough" WRs, instead Baalke should be using those 4th round picks on positions he is more confident in gauging (like CB & LB).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 21, 2015 at 7:08 AM ]
Just...stop. This isn't the year to trade up in the 1st rd...Baalke doesn't have the luxury of so many vets that he can gamble like that. There's a lot of quality depth he needs to replenish and maybe draft a starter or two. Besides that, this is a deep receiver draft...so TB can take BPA at #15 or trade down and get another high pick. I get Cooper looks like a can't miss prospect...but there are plenty of WR's worthy of drafting. No reason to burn a couple of 2nd rd picks in the process. Remember, it's the team, the team, the team.

Oh yes lets just REACH for your draft crash in Goldman....you probably saw the 1st trade then stopped reading lol.

Cooper would make our QB and the TEAM better. He is great on all levels of the field and will actually help the offense score points and stay on the field. I love a good defense, but I'd rather see some balance and TDs not FGs....it would be nice to have a WR that defense actually have to game plan for.

I came away with a pro-bowl ILB,two good DL prospects, a HUGE upgrade a WR which will be a issue after this year, and a ton of prospects (9 picks) at positions SF is known to develop well.

They won't trade up.

My prediction... they either stay put or trade down and take a WR or DT. I don't think Baalke will burn an early pick on a CB (he never has unless you count Ward), but I could be wrong.

They will not trade up though. Too pricey, especially with the Sammy Watkins-precedent last year.

Most likely they don't...but I don't see what they shouldn't? We have a ton of depth (drafted 23 players last year) I believe some of those young players will make huge strides this year (I'm guessing Baalke feels the same) we need quality over quantity IMO.

Sammy Watkins was also the 4th pick in the draft...I would gladly give up two 2nds to get Cooper and Hendricks, because when it's all said an done that's what we would be giving up....get a pro-bowl ILB and pro-bowl caliber WR both for two 2nd round picks.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 21, 2015 at 7:09 AM ]

They won't trade up.

Most likely they don't...but I don't see what they shouldn't? We have a ton of depth (drafted 23 players last year) I believe some of those young players will make huge strides this year (I'm guessing Baalke feels the same) we need quality over quantity IMO.

Sammy Watkins was also the 4th pick in the draft...I would gladly give up two 2nds to get Cooper and Hendricks, because when it's all said an done that's what we would be giving up....get a pro-bowl ILB and pro-bowl caliber WR both for two 2nd round picks.

Cooper will go between picks 4-10. It will cost the 49ers at least their 2015 & 2016 first round picks to make that kind of move.

The Bills gave up their 2014 & 2015 first rounders to move up 5 spots to get Watkins.

And your ODBJR example from another response does not help your arguement... he wasn't the highest-ranked WR in the draft, Watkins was. So by that logic, the Niners should stay put and take the WR they like at 15 with the knowledge that said player might turn out to be better than Cooper anyway.
I like the players and the trade for Kendricks.

They won't trade up.

Cooper will go between picks 4-10. It will cost the 49ers at least their 2015 & 2016 first round picks to make that kind of move.

The Bills gave up their 2014 & 2015 first rounders to move up 5 spots to get Watkins.

And your ODBJR example from another response does not help your arguement... he wasn't the highest-ranked WR in the draft, Watkins was. So by that logic, the Niners should stay put and take the WR they like at 15 with the knowledge that said player might turn out to be better than Cooper anyway.

It would cost whatever the two teams feel is fair...the Raiders traded the 3rd pick in the draft in 2013 for Miami's 12th pick and their 2nd.

The 6th pick isn't the 4th pick either....

Correct the Bills SWAPPED 1st and gave them two picks in the 2015 draft (1st & 4th). Like I said future picks aren't valued as much as picks in the current draft. I'm guessing the Browns thought the Bill's 1st would have been higher than the 19th pick in this draft (hence why future picks aren't valued as high).

How does my OBJ example not help? Cooper is comparable to him, that was my point. The both run amazing routes, always get separation, they both have huge hands/catch everything, and Cooper actually ran a faster 40 than OBJ. They bring a lot of the same qualities. I was giving this example to SHOW that a player the caliber of Cooper can help a team year one, like OBJ did.

You act like Sammy Watkins was a scrub or something? 65 rec 982 yds and TD 6 is very good for a rookie that has EJ manuel and Kyle Orton throwing him the ball.

Who will be there at 15 for a WR? The top 3 WRs in this class will all be gone by the time 15 rolls around same as last year.

again you didn't comment on how this mock shows us getting Cooper and Kendricks and we had to give up a two 2nds. I also targeted two very good DL prospects and a tough as nails CB. I want quality at positions not a bunch of okay players bunched up on the depth chart.

They won't trade up.

It would cost whatever the two teams feel is fair...the Raiders traded the 3rd pick in the draft in 2013 for Miami's 12th pick and their 2nd.

The 6th pick isn't the 4th pick either....

Correct the Bills SWAPPED 1st and gave them two picks in the 2015 draft (1st & 4th). Like I said future picks aren't valued as much as picks in the current draft. I'm guessing the Browns thought the Bill's 1st would have been higher than the 19th pick in this draft (hence why future picks aren't valued as high).

How does my OBJ example not help? Cooper is comparable to him, that was my point. The both run amazing routes, always get separation, they both have huge hands/catch everything, and Cooper actually ran a faster 40 than OBJ. They bring a lot of the same qualities. I was giving this example to SHOW that a player the caliber of Cooper can help a team year one, like OBJ did.

You act like Sammy Watkins was a scrub or something? 65 rec 982 yds and TD 6 is very good for a rookie that has EJ manuel and Kyle Orton throwing him the ball.

Who will be there at 15 for a WR? The top 3 WRs in this class will all be gone by the time 15 rolls around same as last year.

again you didn't comment on how this mock shows us getting Cooper and Kendricks and we had to give up a two 2nds. I also targeted two very good DL prospects and a tough as nails CB. I want quality at positions not a bunch of okay players bunched up on the depth chart.

Because it will cost more than two 2nd's to move up to get Cooper. That's why I didn't comment. It's unrealistic.

Because it will cost more than two 2nd's to move up to get Cooper. That's why I didn't comment. It's unrealistic.

I just provided you an example of a team moving up to the 3rd spot and only gave up their 2nd and 12th pick, so not sure how you can say it's not realistic. Sammy Watkins trade has the same value (9th in 2014,19th and 115th in 2015) as the 15th, 45th in 2015 and a 2nd in 2016 and I actually believe it's much better.

Also a team like the Jets might feel that a player they want will be there at 15 (Gregory or Collins) that they would feel more than fine with moving down 9 spots and gaining two seconds would be worth it.

You don't have to agree with me, but we have seen plenty of drafts were teams want to move down because they have a ton of needs like the Jets. They need a pass rusher or OT and there should be one sitting there at 15.

I just provided you an example of a team moving up to the 3rd spot and only gave up their 2nd and 12th pick, so not sure how you can say it's not realistic. Sammy Watkins trade has the same value (9th in 2014,19th and 115th in 2015) as the 15th, 45th in 2015 and a 2nd in 2016 and I actually believe it's much better.

Also a team like the Jets might feel that a player they want will be there at 15 (Gregory or Collins) that they would feel more than fine with moving down 9 spots and gaining two seconds would be worth it.

You don't have to agree with me, but we have seen plenty of drafts were teams want to move down because they have a ton of needs like the Jets. They need a pass rusher or OT and there should be one sitting there at 15.

Also unrealistic because too many teams between 4 & 15 need a WR. It's not gonna happen man. Baalke likes to accumulate draft picks... it goes against everything we know.

Also unrealistic because too many teams between 4 & 15 need a WR. It's not gonna happen man. Baalke likes to accumulate draft picks... it goes against everything we know.

Accumulate more picks? He has moved up twice in the past 4 drafts in the 1st. Trent tried moving up for OBJ last year.He's drafted half of a game day roster with the past two drafts. How many more players do you want on the team? How about we let those young players actually get some playing time because that's why they were drafted. SF should also be getting more than a couple comp picks in 2016.

A lot of those teams aren't a WR away from being good (there's a reason they're in the top 15). If someone sells the farm than fine, but it's far from unrealistic that Baalke won't be calling up to throw out offers.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 21, 2015 at 12:22 PM ]
I don't buy Baalke almost traded up for OBJ. Front Office statements have NOT vetted out to be a bastion of truth. He won't take a WR in the first. He is still reeling from prior drafts on 1st round WRs. And a gamble he doesn't need to make.

My money is he trades down and takes a WR in the 2nd or lower. Or pick up someone out of Free Agency (Greg Jennings still available) post May 12.

Accumulate more picks? He has moved up twice in the past 4 drafts in the 1st. Trent tried moving up for OBJ last year.He's drafted half of a game day roster with the past two drafts. How many more players do you want on the team? How about we let those young players actually get some playing time because that's why they were drafted. SF should also be getting more than a couple comp picks in 2016.

A lot of those teams aren't a WR away from being good (there's a reason they're in the top 15). If someone sells the farm than fine, but it's far from unrealistic that Baalke won't be calling up to throw out offers.

But he didn't move up to get ODBJR... because it was too expensive.

We're a running team. They want to run, not pass. I could see them going OL or DL just as easily as WR.

And furthermore, all of your posts disregard the fact that many teams in the top-15 need WR's. Why would they trade down? Raiders, Bears, Giants, Rams, Saints, Vikes, & Browns all need help at the position.

I'm just saying, your scenario is highly unlikely. Even you have to admit that.
Share 49ersWebzone