LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

NYNiner85 last mock with trades

Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Stopped reading after the first trade

Cool man.... thanks for enlighten us with you're stimulating comments
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This is a move the team should've pulled off the previous two years. Instead we loaded up on medical red shirts. You have a D-line coach on the sidelines, my guess is Baalke won't rock the boat and trades down. I hope I'm wrong, the team could use some positive buzz with the drafting of a possible franchise receiver.

I totally agree...I was all about moving up for OBJ last year. I think because Trent went "safter" with the past two years and drafted 23 players, Baalke might make some moves and try to get a couple impact players rather than stocking up on depth.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
No thx to a all out WR-trade

fair enough ...I would be happy that we'd actually have some stability at the position for the next 4-5 years.

We would come away with some good talent if it went down like this (most likely nothing remotely close to this will happen though)
Ignore the naysayers. Trading up is looking up. I agree with OP that the Niners need some difference makers.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Ignore the naysayers. Trading up is looking up. I agree with OP that the Niners need some difference makers.

people need to grow a set and take a chance every once in a while. GM's aren't always in a position every year to play it safe.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:44 AM ]
Cooper is phenomenal and a stud, but like OBJ last year, the price may be too rich for Baalke to pull the trigger. Not sure if Baalke is willing to invest so much in the WR position overall after Smith's contract. We should be able to take the loss of 2 draft picks in next year's draft because of all the comp picks that will be due to us. Love the Kendricks trade. The trade down in the 3rd could be difficult to pull off depending on the board and finding a partner. The rest is solid. I would be happy with this draft.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Cooper is phenomenal and a stud, but like OBJ last year, the price may be too rich for Baalke to pull the trigger. Not sure if Baalke is willing to invest so much in the WR position overall after Smith's contract. We should be able to take the loss of 2 draft picks in next year's draft because of all the comp picks that will be due to us. Love the Kendricks trade. The trade down in the 3rd could be difficult to pull off depending on the board and finding a partner. The rest is solid. I would be happy with this draft.

Thanks man...I just love what Cooper would bring to this team. He reminds me of Jordy Nelson or Sammy Watkins. I would be fine with giving up 2nds, especially with the comps we will be getting next year.

I would rather have Smith as our only high priced WR in 2016. I'll take a WR corps coming in around $12.5 million (Smith,Cooper,Ellington,Patton).

I think someone like Williams,Ajayi,or Petty might be sitting there in the 3rd and I could see someone wanting to make a move up.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Just...stop. This isn't the year to trade up in the 1st rd...Baalke doesn't have the luxury of so many vets that he can gamble like that. There's a lot of quality depth he needs to replenish and maybe draft a starter or two. Besides that, this is a deep receiver draft...so TB can take BPA at #15 or trade down and get another high pick. I get Cooper looks like a can't miss prospect...but there are plenty of WR's worthy of drafting. No reason to burn a couple of 2nd rd picks in the process. Remember, it's the team, the team, the team.
All I can say is, Thank GOD you are not in charge of our Draft the 9ers would be F***ed for life, the only thing you wold want to do is draft defense,where there is not a really pressing NEED, good grief stop being a wet blanket.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I totally agree...I was all about moving up for OBJ last year. I think because Trent went "safter" with the past two years and drafted 23 players, Baalke might make some moves and try to get a couple impact players rather than stocking up on depth.

I'm pulling for baalke to do just that, get Cooper and a impact Inside Linebacker, and possibly add some all around depth to the OL and DL.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Interesting draft, and I would be excited if we traded up to #6

I only have 2 complaints -
1. Only one OL? Ideally we would draft 2.
2. There is a good chance that we will be drafting higher next year (of course we all hope that isn't the case). I do not want to trade picks next year to get a better pick this year, as they can potentially be worth much more next year. At least you didn't trade away next year's #1.

Originally posted by fryet:
Interesting draft, and I would be excited if we traded up to #6

I only have 2 complaints -
1. Only one OL? Ideally we would draft 2.
2. There is a good chance that we will be drafting higher next year (of course we all hope that isn't the case). I do not want to trade picks next year to get a better pick this year, as they can potentially be worth much more next year. At least you didn't trade away next year's #1.

1.I don't really see an issue with our line we have 4 players all looking to play the LG spot....between Pears,Looney,Thomas, and Martin one should pull away with the spot, it will be interesting in training camp for sure. (I would rather have Pears as our swing tackle than starting guard)...We have Staley,Kilgore,Martin,Thomas,Davis all signed for the next 3 years. The talent is there they just need to get healthy.

2. lol you can't think like that getting a player that is as good a Cooper is worth a future pick IMO. He doesn't have any holes in his game. It's also all about having a player at a position that's expensive, cheap for 4 years (the top 15 WRs in the league avg $11 million a year).....Everyone wants a OG at 15 but you don't pay or draft a OG unless he's a sure fire pro-bowler. If need be I'd rather resign Boone at $4 million a year than pay Boldin $6 million in 2016.
Just...stop. This isn't the year to trade up in the 1st rd...Baalke doesn't have the luxury of so many vets that he can gamble like that. There's a lot of quality depth he needs to replenish and maybe draft a starter or two. Besides that, this is a deep receiver draft...so TB can take BPA at #15 or trade down and get another high pick. I get Cooper looks like a can't miss prospect...but there are plenty of WR's worthy of drafting. No reason to burn a couple of 2nd rd picks in the process. Remember, it's the team, the team, the team.

Oh yes lets just REACH for your draft crash in Goldman....you probably saw the 1st trade then stopped reading lol.

Cooper would make our QB and the TEAM better. He is great on all levels of the field and will actually help the offense score points and stay on the field. I love a good defense, but I'd rather see some balance and TDs not FGs....it would be nice to have a WR that defense actually have to game plan for.

I came away with a pro-bowl ILB,two good DL prospects, a HUGE upgrade a WR which will be a issue after this year, and a ton of prospects (9 picks) at positions SF is known to develop well.

There are no WRs in next years draft that are close to the player Cooper is.

You're going to be very disappointed next week.
They're going to want another first for cooper
Originally posted by T-9ers:
They're going to want another first for cooper

Why? Draft value shows a 2nd and 4th is actually fair value. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

If they want a future 1st then no dice.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Oh yes lets just REACH for your draft crash in Goldman....you probably saw the 1st trade then stopped reading lol.

Cooper would make our QB and the TEAM better. He is great on all levels of the field and will actually help the offense score points and stay on the field. I love a good defense, but I'd rather see some balance and TDs not FGs....it would be nice to have a WR that defense actually have to game plan for.

I came away with a pro-bowl ILB,two good DL prospects, a HUGE upgrade a WR which will be a issue after this year, and a ton of prospects (9 picks) at positions SF is known to develop well.

There are no WRs in next years draft that are close to the player Cooper is.

You're going to be very disappointed next week.

You think they're gonna reach for a 2 down NT? Because I don't...
Share 49ersWebzone