LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Trade Down Mock #2

Hello!

Its another great bay area weather here and just enjoying a late Sunday evening surfing and reading up for the upcoming draft.
On my previous mock draft, I was hoping for our team to trade down. Its almost the same wish but a little different. i want us to trade:

#15(own) first round to another team's top of the 2nd round + top of 3rd round + 2nd round( next year)

Here are the picks/players i selected:

2nd round (trade)- Kevin Johnson CB- will compete for a starting position

2nd round (own)- Tevin Coleman RB- another explosive/homerun hitter type with Kaep in the backfield- will flourish in our solid line and run first mentality. Teams
will be hesitant to stack the front with him and Kaep or Kaep will have opportunity for some deep throws with our receivers.

3rd round (trade)- Henry Anderson (or Hardison) DE- rotational /future starter

3rd round (own)- Paul Dawson ILB- compete for starting position

4th round (own)- Chris Conley WR- big explosive to complement our other receivers. And.will keep opponents honest or he or Torrey Smith, can take it to the house!! Learn from Anquan.

4th round (comp)- Mitch Morse OL- here is another relentless multi-positional player that we can groom and also compete for a starting position

5th round- Taiwan Jones ILB (Jake Ryan/Damien Wilson if gone)- we lost Willis/Borland- I added to 2 ILB to compete for playing time.

6th round-Durell Eskridge FS- much needed depth with good ball skills. future starter?

7th round- Xavier Williams NT- relentless and hardworker. Tomsula project

7th round (comp)- Michael Burton FB- special teams and competetion to Bruce Miller
Nice much covered a lot of needs but I'm not sure we take a fb unless miller is suspended for a while bc we drafted the best one last year IMO
I like it except for FB

If Miller doesn't return we have a guy coming off IR [sorry - too early and I forget his name]
I would not expect Conley to still be around where you plan on selecting him.
Who do you think would make that trade w/Baalke? Any GM worth his salt wouldn't do it...
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I would not expect Conley to still be around where you plan on selecting him.

This. I like Coleman a lot, but I'm not sure we go RB in the second in 3 of 4 consecutive drafts.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 20, 2015 at 9:19 AM ]
Too many bodies. Plus all those redshirts from last year's draft. The Niners need a couple of starters, difference makers and playmakers who will be on the field.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I like it except for FB

If Miller doesn't return we have a guy coming off IR [sorry - too early and I forget his name]

Trey Millard is the FB in which you speak.
Not sure who we are trading with? Johnson most likely doesn't make it past the Pats at 32. I like Coleman, but at this point I don't see SF going early on RB. How many RBs are we having active on game days? Do we cut Hunter before the season starters?

I like all the players you targeted.
When Hyde got nicked up late last season, we have Gore. We all know that we will be running the ball and IF something happens to Hyde who do we have? Bush, Hunter? Both are change of pace backs with one coming off an AClL injury and the other has tons of mileage. Not sure if I'm ok with that. If some of us like Gurley who happens to come off an ACL injury himself at 15 why not Coleman? We can use another stud RB.

I agree Conley might not be there at 4th round, but I'm just following where he is projected to go. Maybe grab him at 3rd or grab another receiver at 4th if he's gone.

As far as trading down, agree which team wants to trade up? Maybe a player that drops and a team is willing to trade up for that player, who knows really what other teams are thinking. I also followed the draft calculator where we sit at 15. A team from the top of the 2nd will have to give their 2nd + 2 3rd round picks. Instead of giving us 2 3rd round picks this year , they give 1 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. Use this extra 2nd next year as an ammo to trade up for a #1 receiver next year.

As for fullback pick in the 7th, we don't know what will happen with Miller. Is this an upgrade or just competetion for the position? As for the safety pick, groom this player to replace Dahl if noit this year then next year..

Those are some of my concerns, But really, its all wishful thinking on my part as we don't know how this will unfold. Its exciting!

Nice mock. Would be great if it worked out this way for us. Some players may not drop that far but then others would be available and each player could reasonably be there at that pick.
Thanks. By the way, i agree, it seems like too many players. I only added 1 CB after losing Cox and Culliver. Baalke is high on Johnson and maybe likes what he sees in Reaser and Acker. For the ILB, I added 2 with Willis /Borland reitiring. Not sure how is Bow doing in his rehab until we see him in camp. Wilhoite/Skov/Bishop/Moody? We can use some depth/upgrade here. DL? I was looking at our roster and feel the same way. JS and Dockett are in they're last year or two. Dial and Tank are up and coming, we can use competetion/upgrade on TJE,Purcell and Ramsey.Our OL looks fine and one of the youngest in the league. They just need to gel together. I would like to fortify our depth this year and then trade up next year if there is a special player worth trading up..
Share 49ersWebzone