LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Risk vs Reward Mock

I will play devils advocate.

1. Would love Gurley with pick 15. If he is BPA, Gurley and Hyde would make defenses respect the run and open up the pass.

2. I would hope for a ILB

3. short CB are a no no. Alex Carter CB stanford would be ok.

4. Best 3-4 DE
2 RB's - not necessary
2 NT's - definitely not necessary
2 OLB's - maybe one, but not two
Conley is a reach at #2
Don't want anymore injury specials with the amount of talent we have lost this offseason so no Ekpre-Olumo.
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What makes you think Conley is worth a 2nd round pick? Yes please sign me up for a RB coming off a ACL. This is a awful draft sorry man...

What makes DGB a 1st to a 2nd?? His size? Conley is 6'2 with a 45 vertical. Conley has a higher ceiling than DGB without the baggage.

I don't have much of an argument for Gurleys ACL but that's the only argument against him. I look at him and it makes sense; Baalke isn't afraid of ACLs, picks BPA, and he'd fit like a glove.

Well first off he's 6-5 240 and runs a 4.45, I would disagree Conley has more upside than DGB. Conley had only 660 more yards than DGB with 2 more years of play.

I'm guessing you didn't even really know who Conley was before his combine. I don't think he's awful and I'm all for drafting him in the 3rd-4th if Baalke goes that route, there are much better prospects in the 2nd IMO. Please show me some film of Conley using all this athletic ability when he's on the field and a DB is on him....I can show you some of DGB.

You don't draft a RB in the top 15 let alone one coming off a ACL. Baalke takes chances on ACL's in the later rounds not in the 1st.

Also what happened to Hyde? He was a stud in college and had a full year to learn behind Gore. Players like Hyde/Gurley are 3-down backs that you don't take of the field, splitting carries is counterproductive.....I don't want a top 15 player splitting snaps.

2 ACL picks in the 1st 3 rounds awful.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2015 at 12:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone