There are 157 users in the forums

OTC's Top Offensive Players Board: April 17 edition

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
#DraftToddGurley

You have a real problem. You should get help. Until you get it, I'll support your cause.

#DraftTOddGurleyinthethird

lol

is it a problem that i want our team to draft the best talent in this draft?

You realize that not everybody believes Gurley is the best talent in the draft, right?

Everyone has their own opinions, of course, but I honestly feel that Todd Gurley and Leonard Williams are the best talents in this draft
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
#DraftToddGurley

You have a real problem. You should get help. Until you get it, I'll support your cause.

#DraftTOddGurleyinthethird

lol

is it a problem that i want our team to draft the best talent in this draft?

You realize that not everybody believes Gurley is the best talent in the draft, right?

Everyone has their own opinions, of course, but I honestly feel that Todd Gurley and Leonard Williams are the best talents in this draft

Definitely a subjective thing. I agree with your opinion on Williams, and though I think Gurley is the best back in this draft, it's not a strong/deep RB draft (IMO).
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely a subjective thing. I agree with your opinion on Williams, and though I think Gurley is the best back in this draft, it's not a strong/deep RB draft (IMO).

not a strong/deep RB draft? how so? I feel that this is the best class we've seen in awhile.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely a subjective thing. I agree with your opinion on Williams, and though I think Gurley is the best back in this draft, it's not a strong/deep RB draft (IMO).

not a strong/deep RB draft? how so? I feel that this is the best class we've seen in awhile.

Gurley is the only difference-maker IMO. Gordon is ok, but I don't think he's special...the rest are ok. Nice backs, but nothing special IMO. Definitely better than previous classes, but that's speaking mostly about the dearth of great RBs in the college game these days.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely a subjective thing. I agree with your opinion on Williams, and though I think Gurley is the best back in this draft, it's not a strong/deep RB draft (IMO).

not a strong/deep RB draft? how so? I feel that this is the best class we've seen in awhile.

Gurley is the only difference-maker IMO. Gordon is ok, but I don't think he's special...the rest are ok. Nice backs, but nothing special IMO. Definitely better than previous classes, but that's speaking mostly about the dearth of great RBs in the college game these days.

I see what you're saying, but I'd have to respectfully disagree. Gurley is definitely the difference maker, but Gordon is no slouch either. The only thing that worries me about Gordon is the tread on his tires.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely a subjective thing. I agree with your opinion on Williams, and though I think Gurley is the best back in this draft, it's not a strong/deep RB draft (IMO).

not a strong/deep RB draft? how so? I feel that this is the best class we've seen in awhile.

Gurley is the only difference-maker IMO. Gordon is ok, but I don't think he's special...the rest are ok. Nice backs, but nothing special IMO. Definitely better than previous classes, but that's speaking mostly about the dearth of great RBs in the college game these days.

I see what you're saying, but I'd have to respectfully disagree. Gurley is definitely the difference maker, but Gordon is no slouch either. The only thing that worries me about Gordon is the tread on his tires.

Not only did they overwork Gordon, but he doesn't have the breakaway speed that many thought. He looked great against FBS defenses primarily geared towards stopping the pass, but it will be an entirely different story in the NFL. I'll think he'll be ok, but not special in any way.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 20, 2015 at 4:24 PM ]
How do you see Coleman's style translate to the NFL? Do you see him a good fit with Hyde and our style of running? i do. If not him, who do you like?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely a subjective thing. I agree with your opinion on Williams, and though I think Gurley is the best back in this draft, it's not a strong/deep RB draft (IMO).

not a strong/deep RB draft? how so? I feel that this is the best class we've seen in awhile.

Gurley is the only difference-maker IMO. Gordon is ok, but I don't think he's special...the rest are ok. Nice backs, but nothing special IMO. Definitely better than previous classes, but that's speaking mostly about the dearth of great RBs in the college game these days.

I see what you're saying, but I'd have to respectfully disagree. Gurley is definitely the difference maker, but Gordon is no slouch either. The only thing that worries me about Gordon is the tread on his tires.

Not only did they overwork Gordon, but he doesn't have the breakaway speed that many thought. He looked great against FBS defenses primarily geared towards stopping the pass, but it will be an entirely different story in the NFL. I'll think he'll be ok, but not special in any way.

I understand some of the concerns on Gordon, but I think he will turn out to be a good pro, barring any injuries. Reminds me a little bit of Larry Johnson coming out -- lots of concerns about the number of carries he had in college -- but like Johnson, I think Gordon brings a lot to the table. He doesn't need to be CJ2K in the open field, he just has to be explosive through the hole and finish his runs strong. He breaks tackles well and can catch the ball well if asked to do so.

The biggest question mark on Gordon is his vision because also like Larry Johnson, he will have ran behind some very good lines during his college career. Can he explode through the creases at the NFL level? That's where the real digging into the tape comes into play.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
How do you see Coleman's style translate to the NFL? Do you see him a good fit with Hyde and our style of running? i do. If not him, who do you like?

Coleman is considered a "one-cut and go" runner and I believe that translates very well to a zone blocking scheme, as long as the runner has good vision, and Coleman does (his production speaks for itself).

The other back I really like is Javorius Allen. Deceptive speed and terrific vision to recognize overpursuing or off-balance defenders to make cuts at just the right time to elude them. Also an adept pass-blocker and pass-catcher.

Honorable mention to Duke Johnson and Jeremy Langford as other 49ers fits. Johnson has that "make something out of nothing" ability and his lateral mobility and ability to stop on a dime to make a jump-cut and make a defender look silly is something special. Langford brings very good straight line speed to the table and like most backs the 49ers have targeted historically, he is known for strong pass-blocking and receiving skill. Langford doesn't make my top 10, but he's right outside that group.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I understand some of the concerns on Gordon, but I think he will turn out to be a good pro, barring any injuries. Reminds me a little bit of Larry Johnson coming out -- lots of concerns about the number of carries he had in college -- but like Johnson, I think Gordon brings a lot to the table. He doesn't need to be CJ2K in the open field, he just has to be explosive through the hole and finish his runs strong. He breaks tackles well and can catch the ball well if asked to do so.

The biggest question mark on Gordon is his vision because also like Larry Johnson, he will have ran behind some very good lines during his college career. Can he explode through the creases at the NFL level? That's where the real digging into the tape comes into play.

really good comparison.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Coleman is considered a "one-cut and go" runner and I believe that translates very well to a zone blocking scheme, as long as the runner has good vision, and Coleman does (his production speaks for itself).

The other back I really like is Javorius Allen. Deceptive speed and terrific vision to recognize overpursuing or off-balance defenders to make cuts at just the right time to elude them. Also an adept pass-blocker and pass-catcher.

Honorable mention to Duke Johnson and Jeremy Langford as other 49ers fits. Johnson has that "make something out of nothing" ability and his lateral mobility and ability to stop on a dime to make a jump-cut and make a defender look silly is something special. Langford breaks very good straight line speed to the table and like most backs the 49ers have targeted historically, he is known for strong pass-blocking and receiving skill. Langford doesn't make my top 10, but he's right outside that group.

BIG fan of Langford. Real strong for someone his size and I absolutely LOVE his ability to pass block.
Share 49erswebzone