LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Pwillis52beasty's 2015 Mock #2

15: R1P15 (Traded to Panthers for pick # 25 and pick # 57)

25: Dorial Green Beckham WR Oklahoma 6'5 237 4.49 40 yard dash- His ceiling is too high for us to pass up. We need a true #1 wide receiver to pair with Torrey Smith for the future. We attempted to trade for Josh Gordon even when he had already been in trouble, so I could see us pulling the trigger on DGB. Had he not had his off the field problems, we'd probably be talking about DGB as a top 10 pick and in the discussion as the best receiver in this class.

46: R2P14 Jalen Collins CB LSU 6'1 203 4.48 40 yard dash- Big corner that can run. Has good change of direction and has shown ability to mirror receivers. A little raw, but so was Culliver when we drafted him. Also, not afraid to come up and make a hit. He could develop into a great #1 corner.

57: Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson 6'3 243 4.56 40 yard dash- I think he makes the most sense as the inside backer for us to draft. We need to seriously consider drafting a linebacker with some size and athleticism. We need a guy that can run with the faster tight ends and has the size and length to compete with guys like Jimmy Graham. Anthony would give us that.

79: R3P15 Marcus Hardison DE Arizona State 6'3 307 4.91 40 yard dash- Good size and length and very athletic. Also offers a lot as a pass rusher. Had double digit sacks last year in college. Can be paired with Carradine to provide great pass rush at the end positions for years to come.

126: R4P27 Lynden Trail OLB Nofolk State 6'7 269 4.86 40 yard dash- Huge athlete with a lot of potential. Can never have enough pass rushers, especially when who knows what happens with Aldon and Brooks may not be with us much longer.

132: R4P33 Karlos Williams RB Florida State 6'1 230 4.48 40 yard dash- This guy is a freak. Just watch his highlight tape. Breakaway speed, great leg drive, and shows versatility as a returner on special teams. Can also lower the boom on special teams.

151: R5P15 Jeremiah Poutasi OG Utah 6'5 335 5.32 40 yard dash- Mauler that drives dudes off the ball.

190: R6P14 BPA

246: R7P29 BPA

254: R7P37 BPA
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 16, 2015 at 6:30 AM ]
Very much love your 1st rd pick..he's going to make teams regret passing on him..
In my mock I took Darby bc I really think Collins will be drafted at the end of round 1..
Same thing with Anthony..will be taken earlier..prob be able to get him with the Collins pick..which is why I took Dawson..
Really like the rest..I'm real big on Karlos Williams but a lot if the webzone made me look into all his troubles..and he has a lot..I'd be ok with using a later pick on him..I think he will be around..
But good mock in my eyes..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Apr 16, 2015 at 6:39 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Very much love your 1st rd pick..he's going to make teams regret passing on him..
In my mock I took Darby bc I really think Collins will be drafted at the end of round 1..
Same thing with Anthony..will be taken earlier..prob be able to get him with the Collins pick..which is why I took Dawson..
Really like the rest..I'm real big on Karlos Williams but a lot if the webzone made me look into all his troubles..and he has a lot..I'd be ok with using a later pick on him..I think he will be around..
But good mock in my eyes..

Yeah I saw your mock and we're pretty much thinking the same way. I also really like Darby.
Must agree, they can trade down and take Beckham and still get another quality pick from the trade down. Will Baalke go this route?
Solid mock

I agree we should move off the 15th pick whether it's moving up or down.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 16, 2015 at 7:41 AM ]
I like it!!

DGB is a gamble BUTTT in reality so is every other player we pick.

WTF - lets roll the dice and go all in!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Switch DGB with Jalen Strong and I am totally on board with this draft. Nice job!
Love the mock. Might have to swap Anthony and Collins though. Anthony is gaining steam and very well could be gone by then
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Love the mock. Might have to swap Anthony and Collins though. Anthony is gaining steam and very well could be gone by then

I agree and you pretty much Nailed it ,you filled every need WR,ILB,DE,RB,CB.
So let me get this straight. The Niners can get a top player at the position with pick 15, or they can trade down and get two of the biggest boom or bust prospects. I guess gambling wise it is not a bad idea??? What I am struggling with is with the retirement of Patrick Willis, Justin Smith (within a year), Frank Gore, where are the leaders of the team?? Unfortunately the qb is not a leader ( I am a fan of CK7 but his press conferences are painful).

I would prefer to stay at 15 get Davante Parker at WR or Trae Waynes CB

If the team traded down (and the draft value chart does work for this trade) at 27 I would take the ILB out of UCLA. He can cover TE's which is a must with Jimmy graham coming in, and if bowman can't stay healthy. Having two versatile ILB's would be awesome.

Below is the link of the article that shows DGB and Collins are two of the top 5 boom or bust prospects

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/4/15/8420099/2015-nfl-draft-boom-or-bust-players

DGB not sure Balked wants to take his issues on.
Think Anthony has to go early 2nd rd.
I like most of yr picks but a TE should be an early one. Not likely Vernon is a Niners in 2016 & little receiving talent behind him. Walford could fix that.
While I am not against trading out of #15 and picking up another 2nd or 3rd, it takes two to Tango. I think somebody would have to fall down the Draft board and be available at #15 unexpectedly in order for somebody to want to give up something.

If that does happen (an unexpected drop), wouldn't we probably want that player?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I like it!!

DGB is a gamble BUTTT in reality so is every other player we pick.

WTF - lets roll the dice and go all in!

That's what I'm saying lol. DGB and Collins both have very high ceilings and I'd be willing to roll the dice on them. There's a hell of a lot of potential there for them to be great.

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I agree and you pretty much Nailed it ,you filled every need WR,ILB,DE,RB,CB.

Yeah get some offense first, then build up the defense with the next few picks and then another playmaker for the offense in the fourth round.
Originally posted by 9erred:
So let me get this straight. The Niners can get a top player at the position with pick 15, or they can trade down and get two of the biggest boom or bust prospects. I guess gambling wise it is not a bad idea??? What I am struggling with is with the retirement of Patrick Willis, Justin Smith (within a year), Frank Gore, where are the leaders of the team?? Unfortunately the qb is not a leader ( I am a fan of CK7 but his press conferences are painful).

I would prefer to stay at 15 get Davante Parker at WR or Trae Waynes CB

If the team traded down (and the draft value chart does work for this trade) at 27 I would take the ILB out of UCLA. He can cover TE's which is a must with Jimmy graham coming in, and if bowman can't stay healthy. Having two versatile ILB's would be awesome.

Below is the link of the article that shows DGB and Collins are two of the top 5 boom or bust prospects

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/4/15/8420099/2015-nfl-draft-boom-or-bust-players

I would prefer Parker/Waynes at 15, but I doubt either will be there...I do agree both his 1st picks are boom or bust.

I think there are plenty of leaders on this team with Bethea,Reid,Bowman Boldin, Staley and yes Kap.

Pass on ILB in the 1st we have are starters in place and by the sounds of it Bowman is going to be ready for training camp. Baalke is great at finding LBs and CBs throughout the draft.
Best mock for needs. Good job.
Share 49ersWebzone