There are 204 users in the forums

Last Final No More Mocks..

Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Can we really get a second from Pittsburgh? DGB has a lot of red flags, but if you gotta take him, the latter the better.

Not a bad draft, although I don't think a RB at 4 is a good use of the pick, I think we got a lot of good people there. Maybe also use the one or both #4s for a rush lb, and a injury special on another position.

The OP needs to consult the draft value chart. No way Pittsburg gives up pick 22, their second and a 5th in 2016. Way too much in niners favor. Would have to be pick 22 and their 3rd, then the points add up.

When is the last time pittsburg (who recently had several retirments) traded up?? They always let the draft fall to them.

1st of all I wrote we give our 5th next yr to then in the trade..read..also pittsburghs secondary is a mess so I can definitely see them trading up for a safety or cb..

As for DGB I think he is going to be great..a moss type where every team that passes on him will regret it..

As for Dawson I think he is a great player who I never seen miss a tackle..as for his character idk him and neither do you..how do you know his teammates didn't like him ? Were you a teammate of his ? Just saying not everything you read is correct or wrong so idk just like you don't..

I agree on poutsia..

Injured cb in the 4th..if IFO is still there I'd take him..no doubt..only him tho..

As for QBs in this draft..I hate them all except for Petty..this is the worst QB class I can remember..very glad we don't need a starting qb..

Thanks for ur opinions..where is your mock so I can see your opinion on who you would draft..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Can we really get a second from Pittsburgh? DGB has a lot of red flags, but if you gotta take him, the latter the better.

Not a bad draft, although I don't think a RB at 4 is a good use of the pick, I think we got a lot of good people there. Maybe also use the one or both #4s for a rush lb, and a injury special on another position.

The OP needs to consult the draft value chart. No way Pittsburg gives up pick 22, their second and a 5th in 2016. Way too much in niners favor. Would have to be pick 22 and their 3rd, then the points add up.

When is the last time pittsburg (who recently had several retirments) traded up?? They always let the draft fall to them.

1st of all I wrote we give our 5th next yr to then in the trade..read..also pittsburghs secondary is a mess so I can definitely see them trading up for a safety or cb..

As for DGB I think he is going to be great..a moss type where every team that passes on him will regret it..

As for Dawson I think he is a great player who I never seen miss a tackle..as for his character idk him and neither do you..how do you know his teammates didn't like him ? Were you a teammate of his ? Just saying not everything you read is correct or wrong so idk just like you don't..

I agree on poutsia..

Injured cb in the 4th..if IFO is still there I'd take him..no doubt..only him tho..

As for QBs in this draft..I hate them all except for Petty..this is the worst QB class I can remember..very glad we don't need a starting qb..

Thanks for ur opinions..where is your mock so I can see your opinion on who you would draft..

This is from an article posted on the 49erswebzone about the TCU player. Based on this and his poor showing at the combine, I think a second is too high.
:Dawson was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year for 2014 and was a member of the first-team All-Big 12 squad.

His performance at the scouting combine, however, did not match how he played on the field. At 6-0, 235 pounds, he ran his 40-yard dash in 4.93 seconds and only managed 28 inches on the vertical jump, a drill that scouts say denotes a player's explosion.

Questions about his character also have been raised with NFL.com's draft preview noting that Dawson was not well-liked in the program. The 49ers likely are using this week's visit to learn more about Dawson's personality.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article18398798.html#storylink=cpy

My draft: with no trades.

1. Trae Waynes CB Michigan State- can be on an island covering other teams #1's. Look how high other teams pay CB's in FA, if you can get a true CB in round one on a 5 year deal worth it.
2.Eric Kendricks UCLA ILB- (hope he drops this far) he is instinctual, can plug the hole and do pass coverage (in case bowman is still injured)
3. Henry Anderson 3-4 DE Stanford- worships Justin Smith and plays with a motor
4. Javorus Allen RB USC- best pass blocking RB in draft and is an all around good RB in a deep class.
4. Tre McBride WR Williams and Mary
5. Wes SaXton TE Alabama
6. Sean mannion QB Oregon State
7. Eric Lefeld Cincinanti OT
7bKyle Brindza K Notre Dame- if he is as good, keep the rookie kicker who is cheaper.
Both your mocks are great ones

I don't know about 2 CBS in the first 5 picks. I think we come away with one this year
Very doable.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I agree on poutsia..

This is from an article posted on the 49erswebzone about the TCU player. Based on this and his poor showing at the combine, I think a second is too high.
:Dawson was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year for 2014 and was a member of the first-team All-Big 12 squad.

His performance at the scouting combine, however, did not match how he played on the field. At 6-0, 235 pounds, he ran his 40-yard dash in 4.93 seconds and only managed 28 inches on the vertical jump, a drill that scouts say denotes a player's explosion.

Questions about his character also have been raised with NFL.com's draft preview noting that Dawson was not well-liked in the program. The 49ers likely are using this week's visit to learn more about Dawson's personality.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article18398798.html#storylink=cpy

My draft: with no trades.

1. Trae Waynes CB Michigan State- can be on an island covering other teams #1's. Look how high other teams pay CB's in FA, if you can get a true CB in round one on a 5 year deal worth it.
2.Eric Kendricks UCLA ILB- (hope he drops this far) he is instinctual, can plug the hole and do pass coverage (in case bowman is still injured)
3. Henry Anderson 3-4 DE Stanford- worships Justin Smith and plays with a motor
4. Javorus Allen RB USC- best pass blocking RB in draft and is an all around good RB in a deep class.
4. Tre McBride WR Williams and Mary
5. Wes SaXton TE Alabama
6. Sean mannion QB Oregon State
7. Eric Lefeld Cincinanti OT
7bKyle Brindza K Notre Dame- if he is as good, keep the rookie kicker who is cheaper.

Love your 1st two picks and would be very excited if they happened but that's the thing..I think Waynes goes top 10 and Kendricks is gone early 2nd..but like a said if we draft them..amazing !!!
Like the Anderson pick..tall strong athletic kid..
Not against the Allen pick just have to study him more..what did he run ?
As for Mcbride again I'm not familiar with him just think his size is 6 ft 210..my thing it we need a big tall fast wide out who will go and get the ball..our avg size of wide outs are 6 ft 200..
I like saxton wish he was taller..tho bigger than Delanie is..
Mannion would be my 3rd fav qb behind petty and bridge
I had us taking lefeld in an earlier mock..he's huge..
As for the Irish kicker..I've obviously seen him but don't kno enough..I love Dawson but he's expensive for a kicker so I wouldn't be against it..

Anyway if your 1st 4 picks happened I think our draft would be an A but that's the a big IF..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Whoah thank god this is your last one!!!

I'm just glad the 9ers could come away with Paul Dawson in this draft.
I don't know who we are eyeing or where we have guys ranked and that will take to much of my time to figure out and give me a headache. Plus I will be wrong so here are some guys I wouldn't mind seeing us draft and in no particular order. Now unless we trade up or have multiple picks in a round a bunch of these guys we obviously won't get but here is my list nonetheless :

1. OLB/DE Vic Beasley
2. OLB Randy Gregory
3. DL Malcolm Brown
4. DL Eddie Goldman
5. DL Mario Edwards Jr.
6. DL Marcus Hardison
7. OLB/DE Lorenzo Mauldin
8. OLB Zach Lagenmann
9. OLB Davis Tull
10. OLB Tavaris Barnes
11. QB Sean Mannion
12. RB Melvin Gordon
13. RB Todd Gurley
14. RB Duke Johnson
15. WR/KR/PR Tyler Lockett
16. WR Amari Cooper
17. WR Devante Parker
18. WR Jaelen Strong
19. WR Ty Montgomery
20. WR Doriel Green-Beckham
21. T Andrus Peat
22. T D.J. Humphries
23. G A.J. Caan
24. G Tre Jackson
25. DT Christian Covington (Injured knee last year)
26. DT Gabe Wright
27. CB Marcus Peters
28. CB Alex Carter
29. CB Quinten Rollins
30. S Domarious Randall
31. OLB Shaq Thompson
32. ILB Paul Dawson
33. ILB A.J. Johnson
34. ILB Denzel Perryman
35. TE Devin Funchess (Draft as a TE only)
36. T Ereck Flowers
37. CB Jalen Collins
38. S Landon Collins
39. T Brandon Scherff
40. WR Breshad Perriman
41. G Laken Tomlinson
42. T Donovan Smith
43. S Derron Smith
44. WR/KR DeAndre Carter (7th round or possible UDFA)
45. G Jeremiah Poutasi

Well here are the players I wouldn't mind seeing us draft. Maybe not the talented OL but some of them are massive. I don't like many of the projected 1st round DL either. I think there are a few corners that might be pretty good and a group overall a little underrated. Lots of WRs and I really like Stong and Lockett. Lockett adds the element of a proven and electrifying KR/PR something we have sorely lacked. I know we won't go RB in the 1st but Gordon is so dynamic. Maybe we can get Duke later on and add that real speed although Bush is still plenty fast and elusive. Not much for pass rushers as Gregory and Beasley will be long gone but there may be some sleepers in the middle rounds. Paul Dawson would be great in the 2nd if we could trade back in the 1st and add an additional 2nd. Not a big fan of Waynes I think he's to small and has bust written all over him. I love Peters the player but the character not so much.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's a trade down not the 15th pick in the draft...I've lost a lot of steam on DGB as well but man the upside is huge, Grabbing a extra 2nd plus DGB would be okay with me (not sure they give up a 2nd though)....what does Aldon and Bruce have to do with anything? Neither of them were trouble makers in college, you could say the same thing about Bowman and he turned out fine.

Did he not fill those holes with the 1st 4 picks?

No way were aren't leaving this draft without getting a RB, Baalke drafts one every year an this class is top notch. Bush/Hunter are both injury prone and one 1 year deals...

So they would draft a running back to put on the practice squad and then someone would sign them. They only carried two rbs for most of last year till gore and hyde got dinged up.

Who says they only carry two this year? Who says Hunter even makes it all the way thru camp, he's guaranteed like $75,000 dollars if we cut him. This draft class is one of the best RB draft classes in a long time and there is zero chance Trent doesn't draft one.
Good mock. No way Mario Edwards Jr. makes it to the 3rd rd though.
I'd have no issues with either Waynes or Peters...I'd actually prefer the latter because of his physicality. But, Baalke and Tomsula would have to be assured his troubles are behind him.

I'd draft Anthony over Kendricks...Stephone does more things well than just about any ILB in this draft, including covering receivers. His size, range and speed would seem to be a better Willis replacement than the others, IMHO.

Like the Anderson, Allen & McBride picks.

With Saxton, he's considered to be a move TE only...doesn't have the toughness to play in-line. In our offense, unless something changes, the TE's are expected to block and play physically in addition to being receivers. I can see Baalke going TE early and get a guy like Walford, who does it all. Vernon's probably in his last season w/Niners...and there's not much in receiving talent behind him (save maybe Carrier).

Not a fan of Mannion...doesn't seem to excel at any particular thing. Not impressed with his arm strength...doesn't seem to get much zip on the ball. Tends to get rattled with defenders getting in his grill. I'd opt for either Shane Carden or Hutson Mason.

Overall, very good mock.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who says they only carry two this year? Who says Hunter even makes it all the way thru camp, he's guaranteed like $75,000 dollars if we cut him. This draft class is one of the best RB draft classes in a long time and there is zero chance Trent doesn't draft one.

I dont see the need to waste a draft pick on a rb when you can bring in a udf and stash him on the practice squad. Besides Hyde, Hunter, Bush, Miller, Hayne, Gaskins plus you have to get Millard on to the field. Unless you add a high pick rb a 4rth or 5th rounder would be a waste.
[ Edited by Izyniner on Apr 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone