There are 175 users in the forums

Last Final No More Mocks..

Round 1..TRADE..15th overall pick and next years 5th to Pittsburgh for there 22nd and 2nd rd picks..Pittsburgh moves up to take a young corner in Marcus Peters..
49ers 1st pick in the 2015 NFL DRAFT 22nd overall is WR Dorial Green-Beckham out of Oklahoma..strong fast long strider who uses his height correctly goes up and gets the ball..comparison-

Round 2..CB Ronald Darby out of FSU..very fast athletic kid who can play in the slot or outside..

Round 2..ILB Paul Dawson out of TCU..a baalke type football player..made every play he was able to..great tackler..yes his combine numbers were bad but his play on the field doesn't lie..

Round 3..DE Mario Edwards Jr out of FSU..is perfect for our scheme..young and just coming into his own..starter opposite his old college teammate in a couple yrs..

Round 4..CB IFO EKPRE OLUMNO out of Oregon..injury special..baalke has 1 or 2 or these a yr..which I don't mind tho some do..before his torn acl this kid would've been a top 25 pick..

Round 4..RB Cameron Artis-Payne out of OLE MISS..a juco player who showed great speed and balance..honestly reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw..

Round 5..OG Jerimiah Poutasi out of Utah..huge kid who is surprisingly athletic..being called an athletic Iupati..

Round 6..WR Deandre Smelter out of Georgia Tech..sry ppl another baalke special..which is be ok with yet again only bc I think it's worth it..both IFO and Smelter have a chance of being special..

Round 7..TE Brian Vogler out of Alabama..tall strong kid who was mainly 2nd TE his who college career..great blocker..

Round 7..ILB AJ Johnson out of Tennessee..great player who has problems with the law..if is able to get his head on straight will be a steal..actually if he never got in trouble he would be considered the best ILB prospect in this entire draft..I'll risk a 7th rd comp pick on him..

Ok that's all and that's it ppl..let me kno ur opinions and why..thanks..
I would be fairly happy if this went down. :)
Cameron Artis-Payne played for Auburn...I like Allen a little more in the 4th.

Edwards draft stock has been on the rise wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd, Henderson or Hardison would be good backup choices as well

Not sure how I feel about Darby...

So are you not high on DJ? seems like your grabbing a lot of CBs.... there would be a ton of young talent at CB, which is good but might be overkill (we would most definitely be losing some off the practice squad). I kinda would like to see what DJ,Reaser,Acker plus maybe one draft pick could do....we will be getting Brock back plus Trent signed Wright/Cook.

overall not a bad mock.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Cameron Artis-Payne played for Auburn...I like Allen a little more in the 4th.

Edwards draft stock has been on the rise wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd, Henderson or Hardison would be good backup choices as well

Not sure how I feel about Darby...

So are you not high on DJ? seems like your grabbing a lot of CBs.... there would be a ton of young talent at CB, which is good but might be overkill (we would most definitely be losing some off the practice squad). I kinda would like to see what DJ,Reaser,Acker plus maybe one draft pick could do....we will be getting Brock back plus Trent signed Wright/Cook.

overall not a bad mock.

Yeah I realized I put ole miss not auburn but forgot to fix it..

I agree with Edwards..I see him in mocks going in the 2nd and 3rd..I hope he falls bc I really like him..

I felt the same way about Darby but the more I studied him I liked him more..he reminds me of Verrett last yr..

I actually love DJ and think he's a future star..love his size and speed combo plus he plays the ball well..as for acker and reaser I agree I'm dying to see what they can bring to the secondary..I see reaser making the team and play ST..love to see his speed as a gunner..i took Darby bc like I said his versatility..IFO bc I see us not resigning cook or wright next yr..I wasn't so happy about either signing this yr lol..I could see Brock Wright dj Darby cook reaser making the 53..plus ward but he will play cb and back up the safety spot..future of Brock dj Darby IFO reaser I like..

In almost every mock I've done I think present and future..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Apr 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM ]
I would absolutely love all of this.... If it went down
I'm okay with DGB. Two ILBs is probably right.

The CB in round 4 isn't needed. The Niners have a ton of young CBs. Johnson, Acker, Ward, Reaser, McFadden and Cromartie. Plus vets Brock, Cook and Wright. Even the second round CB might get lost in that group.

Drafting a swing tackle is more vital than another OG. The Niners have plenty of inside OL, but are very thin at OT.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm okay with DGB. Two ILBs is probably right.

The CB in round 4 isn't needed. The Niners have a ton of young CBs. Johnson, Acker, Ward, Reaser, McFadden and Cromartie. Plus vets Brock, Cook and Wright. Even the second round CB might get lost in that group.

Drafting a swing tackle is more vital than another OG. The Niners have plenty of inside OL, but are very thin at OT.

I understand what you are saying..but my purpose to of drafting IFO is to redshirt him this year and again like I said in the last comment not resign cook or wright..plus having depth is a positive..look at last year with all the injuries..also pears and Thomas can play tackle not to mention Boone who would fill in..
I dont understand why so many ppl want DGB. There are so many flags on this kid, that to me it doesnt make sense to draft him in the 1st round. People get fired for missing on 1st round picks, who would risk it on this kid?

We have many holes to fill on this team (LB, CB, Dline, Oline, WR) that taking best player available at 15 with a lot less flags than DGB is the simply choice. You want to take a risk in middle of round 2, then fine. but 1st pick needs to be someone we dont need to worry about getting into trouble (see McDonald, Aldon, Bruce Miller etc).
Sub out DGB for Jaelen Strong and we have a winner!
Can we really get a second from Pittsburgh? DGB has a lot of red flags, but if you gotta take him, the latter the better.

Not a bad draft, although I don't think a RB at 4 is a good use of the pick, I think we got a lot of good people there. Maybe also use the one or both #4s for a rush lb, and a injury special on another position.

I wouldn't be completely disappointed if this were to happen. I still question DGB, primarily for the baggage and concerns of future Off The Field issues, but if he is selected, I would have to hope the FO really did it's homework on the guy and believe it's a thing of the past.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I dont understand why so many ppl want DGB. There are so many flags on this kid, that to me it doesnt make sense to draft him in the 1st round. People get fired for missing on 1st round picks, who would risk it on this kid?

We have many holes to fill on this team (LB, CB, Dline, Oline, WR) that taking best player available at 15 with a lot less flags than DGB is the simply choice. You want to take a risk in middle of round 2, then fine. but 1st pick needs to be someone we dont need to worry about getting into trouble (see McDonald, Aldon, Bruce Miller etc).

It's a trade down not the 15th pick in the draft...I've lost a lot of steam on DGB as well but man the upside is huge, Grabbing a extra 2nd plus DGB would be okay with me (not sure they give up a 2nd though)....what does Aldon and Bruce have to do with anything? Neither of them were trouble makers in college, you could say the same thing about Bowman and he turned out fine.

Did he not fill those holes with the 1st 4 picks?

Originally posted by WildBill:
Can we really get a second from Pittsburgh? DGB has a lot of red flags, but if you gotta take him, the latter the better.

Not a bad draft, although I don't think a RB at 4 is a good use of the pick, I think we got a lot of good people there. Maybe also use the one or both #4s for a rush lb, and a injury special on another position.

No way were aren't leaving this draft without getting a RB, Baalke drafts one every year an this class is top notch. Bush/Hunter are both injury prone and one 1 year deals...
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's a trade down not the 15th pick in the draft...I've lost a lot of steam on DGB as well but man the upside is huge, Grabbing a extra 2nd plus DGB would be okay with me (not sure they give up a 2nd though)....what does Aldon and Bruce have to do with anything? Neither of them were trouble makers in college, you could say the same thing about Bowman and he turned out fine.

Did he not fill those holes with the 1st 4 picks?

No way were aren't leaving this draft without getting a RB, Baalke drafts one every year an this class is top notch. Bush/Hunter are both injury prone and one 1 year deals...

So they would draft a running back to put on the practice squad and then someone would sign them. They only carried two rbs for most of last year till gore and hyde got dinged up.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

HORRIBLE Draft. DGB has red flags all over the place and lots of mocks have him falling into round 2 because no one wants to waste a first with a fifth year option on a person with character concerns. With a deep WR class why reach on DGB??

Paul Dawson out of TCU- see DGB, red blags everywhere. The niners brought him in to check out his character because his own teammates did not get along with him. Just knowing his teammates did not like him would remove him from my draft board.

Jermiah Poutsia will not make it to day 3. Mark my words, he has lots of pre draft visits and teams like him because he can play OT and OG.

The CB in round 4 would be a pass, no need for another injured player.

No QB with all of those draft picks?? take a flyer in round 7 on someone to throw the ball in practice and be a PS player or competition for Gabbert.
Originally posted by WildBill:

The OP needs to consult the draft value chart. No way Pittsburg gives up pick 22, their second and a 5th in 2016. Way too much in niners favor. Would have to be pick 22 and their 3rd, then the points add up.

When is the last time pittsburg (who recently had several retirments) traded up?? They always let the draft fall to them.
Share 49ersWebzone