There are 268 users in the forums

My 2 cents

Originally posted by davidboutte:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I haven't posted anything since last offseason. I think we as 49er faithful in this forum are having a down year. I haven't read one good mock yet. And several of you who are typically on point even when Baalke is not have made several attempts. I feel this could be Baalke last year. And honestly if we struggle again, he should go, for the same reasons he and Jed let Jim go. It's championships or bust, or damn well compete for one. This will be Baalke 100% responsible for this draft. Can't blame a alpha coach with input this time. Here's a couple thoughts most of you will disagree with. And honestly you guys all getting on same player bandwagon is getting old

We don't need to draft a Gaurd or a a defensive lineman.....period!
Our main needs are CB, ILB, WR
Secondary needs are OLB, TE, Swing Tackle

At 15 I'm hoping one of the pass rushers fall. I just feel like it's the most important position in our defense. If not I'd be happy to take the best WR available. Or trade down and draft the best WR available

My WR rankings: 1. Cooper 2. White 3. DGB 4. Strong 5. Breeland 6. Parker
I believe like most drafts, after the top 8-10 picks, prospects 11-30 and 31-45 are very similar

We need 3-4 playmakers in this draft.... Baalke were waiting

Who is Breeland?

If Baalke thought this was his last season I doubt he makes a complete overhaul on the coaching staff. He has brought in talent over the past 4+ seasons and it was obvious when we lost 10 starters last year and still went 8-8 (we can all agree play-calling didn't help).

You think losing two starters on the DL (very good starters at that) wouldn't require some sort of draft pick this year?

I THINK WE HAVE 5 STARTING CALIBER D LINEMAN
DORSEY
WILLIAMS
TANK
DIAL
JEROD-EDDIE
AND MIGHT HAVE J SMITH BACK

Is the all caps necessary? SF's defense is based around the DL, you're just silly if you don't think Baalke grabs a DL at some point.

Dorsey/Williams are injury prone,and TJE is knuckle-head terrible.

I agree we don't need 9 picks this year and I'm fine with trading up for a play maker. I also disagree this is Baalke's last year, he wouldn't have revamped the whole coaching staff if he thought he was losing his job the following year.
I haven't posted anything since last offseason. I think we as 49er faithful in this forum are having a down year. I haven't read one good mock yet. And several of you who are typically on point even when Baalke is not have made several attempts. I feel this could be Baalke last year. And honestly if we struggle again, he should go, for the same reasons he and Jed let Jim go. It's championships or bust, or damn well compete for one. This will be Baalke 100% responsible for this draft. Can't blame a alpha coach with input this time. Here's a couple thoughts most of you will disagree with. And honestly you guys all getting on same player bandwagon is getting old

At 15 I'm hoping one of the pass rushers fall. I just feel like it's the most important position in our defense. If not I'd be happy to take the best WR available. Or trade down and draft the best WR available

I believe like most drafts, after the top 8-10 picks, prospects 11-30 and 31-45 are very similar

Who is Breeland?

If Baalke thought this was his last season I doubt he makes a complete overhaul on the coaching staff. He has brought in talent over the past 4+ seasons and it was obvious when we lost 10 starters last year and still went 8-8 (we can all agree play-calling didn't help).

You think losing two starters on the DL (very good starters at that) wouldn't require some sort of draft pick this year?

DORSEY
WILLIAMS
TANK
DIAL
JEROD-EDDIE

Is the all caps necessary? SF's defense is based around the DL, you're just silly if you don't think Baalke grabs a DL at some point.

I agree we don't need 9 picks this year and I'm fine with trading up for a play maker. I also disagree this is Baalke's last year, he wouldn't have revamped the whole coaching staff if he thought he was losing his job the following year.

I just did my mock and have us drafting Marcus Hardison in the 4th. And I doubt he'd see the field. We drafted Tank to start, Dial can start. Dorsey played well in 2013, I expect the same. Williams, strictly a nose in our D only plays 2 downs anyway and is expected healthy. and currently J Smith has not retired. TJE adds depth. My point is if we aren't gonna draft a day 1 starter, its a lower priority. I don't see a player past rd 1 that would be one of our top 3

Who is Breeland?

DORSEY
WILLIAMS
TANK
DIAL
JEROD-EDDIE

Dorsey is good
Williams - injury prone. How many games has he played the last 2 years? 4 or 5?
Tank - Potential but still unproven
Dial is solid
TJE - He's depth at best

That gives us Dorsey, Tank and Dial.the best Defensive lines have a good rotation without a big drop off in talent. We could definately use 1 more high quality D-line player if not 2.

The O-line could get by but we don't know if Thomas is ready just like we didn't know if Lattimore would be ready. Martin may be starting at Center and not available to play guard and Boone might not be here after next year so if we can get a starting caliber Guard in the draft it would be great. We might see one fall to us in the 3rd or 4th round or even see a tackle that would make a great guard available later.

With Hyde, Bush and Hunter we are fine at RB but it wouldn't hurt to get another talented RB in the draft.

If VD comes back to from we are fine for now at TE but another high quality TE to groom to succeed VD would be great.

We have 2 starting WR's one with speed and the other a dominate chains mover. 2 good young receivers with potential. A dominate #1 WR would be great if Cooper or White falls to us in round 1 but if not there are some great prospects we might be able to get in rounds 3-5 with size and speed.

With Smith, Lemonier,Brooks and Llynch we are set at OLB but you can never have too many good pass rushers.

Bowman and Wilhoite can handle ILB. It would be nice to get an upgrade to Wilhoite in the draft and also create more depth.

We are set at starting safety and Ward can back at safety as well. It would be nice to get 1 more safety who can hit and cover. It's never fun seeing Dahl take the field.

At CB we have Brock on 1 side. We have Johnson drafted last year and Wright to compete for the other spot and challenge Ward for the nickel spot as well. Cook is depth at best. Acker and Reaser, last year's redshirts are coming in and hopefully they can play but it would be great to see us land a top quality CB or at least another in Johnson's ability in the 4th - 6th round but the most important thing our CB group needs is a good pass rush.

My priority

DL , ILB, CB

With soo many areas of need I would go with BPA

If a top WR or Pass Rusher falls to us at 15 grab him otherwise I would probably trade back.

In the end the most important thing to me is that we don't waste the picks. I will be happy no matter what positions of need Baalke drafts if all the players turn out to be worthy of their draft postion or better.

Who is Breeland?

DORSEY
WILLIAMS
TANK
DIAL
JEROD-EDDIE

I just did my mock and have us drafting Marcus Hardison in the 4th. And I doubt he'd see the field. We drafted Tank to start, Dial can start. Dorsey played well in 2013, I expect the same. Williams, strictly a nose in our D only plays 2 downs anyway and is expected healthy. and currently J Smith has not retired. TJE adds depth. My point is if we aren't gonna draft a day 1 starter, its a lower priority. I don't see a player past rd 1 that would be one of our top 3

I saw that mock and if he's there in the 4th that would be a steal He's a better player than TJE and can only help a team that has always had a great DL.
Share 49ersWebzone