There are 165 users in the forums

My 2 cents

I haven't posted anything since last offseason. I think we as 49er faithful in this forum are having a down year. I haven't read one good mock yet. And several of you who are typically on point even when Baalke is not have made several attempts. I feel this could be Baalke last year. And honestly if we struggle again, he should go, for the same reasons he and Jed let Jim go. It's championships or bust, or damn well compete for one. This will be Baalke 100% responsible for this draft. Can't blame a alpha coach with input this time. Here's a couple thoughts most of you will disagree with. And honestly you guys all getting on same player bandwagon is getting old

We don't need to draft a Gaurd or a a defensive lineman.....period!
Our main needs are CB, ILB, WR
Secondary needs are OLB, TE, Swing Tackle

At 15 I'm hoping one of the pass rushers fall. I just feel like it's the most important position in our defense. If not I'd be happy to take the best WR available. Or trade down and draft the best WR available

My WR rankings: 1. Cooper 2. White 3. DGB 4. Strong 5. Perriman 6. Parker
I believe like most drafts, after the top 8-10 picks, prospects 11-30 and 31-45 are very similar

We need 3-4 playmakers in this draft.... Baalke were waiting
[ Edited by davidboutte on Apr 20, 2015 at 12:43 PM ]
I'm not high on Parker either but Breeland over him seems a bit extreme.
IMO I think we are fine at CB; yes maybe young and unproven but drafting another wouldn't help in that regard. I think we could use another safety w/Reid's concussion issues. Some could even argue we are fine at WR(though a true #1 WR could be useful if one falls to us). Definitely need ILB and DL depth. Would also like to bolster OL depth as well as getting a new kicker.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
I haven't posted anything since last offseason. I think we as 49er faithful in this forum are having a down year. I haven't read one good mock yet. And several of you who are typically on point even when Baalke is not have made several attempts. I feel this could be Baalke last year. And honestly if we struggle again, he should go, for the same reasons he and Jed let Jim go. It's championships or bust, or damn well compete for one. This will be Baalke 100% responsible for this draft. Can't blame a alpha coach with input this time. Here's a couple thoughts most of you will disagree with. And honestly you guys all getting on same player bandwagon is getting old

At 15 I'm hoping one of the pass rushers fall. I just feel like it's the most important position in our defense. If not I'd be happy to take the best WR available. Or trade down and draft the best WR available

My WR rankings: 1. Cooper 2. White 3. DGB 4. Strong 5. Breeland 6. Parker
I believe like most drafts, after the top 8-10 picks, prospects 11-30 and 31-45 are very similar

Who is Breeland?

If Baalke thought this was his last season I doubt he makes a complete overhaul on the coaching staff. He has brought in talent over the past 4+ seasons and it was obvious when we lost 10 starters last year and still went 8-8 (we can all agree play-calling didn't help).

You think losing two starters on the DL (very good starters at that) wouldn't require some sort of draft pick this year?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who is Breeland?

If Baalke thought this was his last season I doubt he makes a complete overhaul on the coaching staff. He has brought in talent over the past 4+ seasons and it was obvious when we lost 10 starters last year and still went 8-8 (we can all agree play-calling didn't help).

You think losing two starters on the DL (very good starters at that) wouldn't require some sort of draft pick this year?

Maybe he was thinking Perriman?

I mean, his first name starts with a "B"...
  • Elric
  • Veteran
My 2Cents I would love for a WR to fall to us.
but if not I think we have the talent assembled on offense if we can stabilize or dominate the offensive line. (I'm watching Dallas)
1st round. best guard or tackle to dominate.
Hell we got Reggie Bush and Torrey Smith.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Who is Breeland?

Maybe he was thinking Perriman?

I mean, his first name starts with a "B"...

Yeah you're probably right
Originally posted by Elric:
but if not I think we have the talent assembled on offense if we can stabilize or dominate the offensive line. (I'm watching Dallas)

What happened to our two rookie OL that Baalke drafted in the 3rd last year? Thomas was a very good LT, I'm sure he could take on the guard spot. Heck Martin played LG at USC at some point....seems counter-productive to draft two OL last year early to have them sit the bench the following year (or one beats out the 1st round pick which would suck even more).

Bush is injury prone and Smith has had over 50 catches once in his career...great piece for the offense, but they shouldn't be looked at as our saviors. .

SF's o-line doesn't lack talent they need to get healthy.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Dude Thomas was a very good LT but he is coming of an ACL Tear that he got Visiting New Orleans.

at 6'5 308 If his Knee stays healthy he will be a good LG
but in comparison Iupati 6'5' 331 was dominate.

Martin is versatile in getting to the 2nd level but not dominate.

1st rd pick 15 you could get a dominate Guard.
which will insure a good year for all the talent we have put together.
Looks more like 2 hay-pennies to me. We will be losing Boone next offseason, so guard is a need imo. Maybe not a top need, but I wouldn't stay away from the G position in the draft. Dline is a need as well. Part of the problem we have had in the past, imo, is that we didn't have enough quality to rotate guys in often enough. Cowboy would be spent by the post season every year we went. I would like to see a studddd drafted on the Dline. Doesn't matter which position.

We have a proven rusher in Aldon and a budding star in Lynch, and still have Brooks on the roster who is no slouch, but it's the #1 pick? I am not in favor of selecting a guy in the 1st who is unlikely to play much.

I would love a big play WR to be drafted. I think taking DGB at 15 is risky and I would rather trade down get extra picks and take the best available player where every they pick. be it an OL and a DL they could use help almost everywhere on the field the only position I would be upset with in the first round would be QB. if they take DGB or Strong at 15 I will be a little bummed and then hope for the best I'm not a big fan of ether at 15. I do not think there is an ILB worth picking at 15 and there are going to be very good LB in the second round. I agree they need a Swing Tackle and if there is one in the first round draft him. Staley is 30 and been in the league 9 years they need to start looking for a replacement NO not for next year but 2 or 3 years down the road they will need one so if there is one to be drafted this year draft him.
Dude Thomas was a very good LT but he is coming of an ACL Tear that he got Visiting New Orleans.

at 6'5 308 If his Knee stays healthy he will be a good LG
but in comparison Iupati 6'5' 331 was dominate.

Martin is versatile in getting to the 2nd level but not dominate.

1st rd pick 15 you could get a dominate Guard.
which will insure a good year for all the talent we have put together.

Iupati was a good power running run blocking OG, but awful in pass protection. Thomas might actually be more balanced in both areas. He held clowey in check. He's had over a year to get healthy...if baalke thought he couldn't play with a year in a 1/2 to recover I doubt he drafts him. Why does everyone keep looking past who's currently on the team?

So you could tell Martin wasn't dominate after playing 6 games? He looked pretty good at USC when 100% healthy.
Breshaud Perriman not Breeland. Apoligies.

If we draft a gaurd or a DE/DT it's gotta be at 15 or they won't start this year anyway. Drafting one to replace Boone? What about Thomas and Martin? We lost a ton. Let's replace them before we replace players we might lose next year.

At DE/DT we have
Docket
Dial
Jerod-Eddie
Carradine
Williams
Dorsey
And maybe Justin Smith

I'm not sure Patton and Ellington are legit rotational WR's. What if Anquan or Torrey get hurt? And Anquan is FA next year just like Boone is at Gaurd

Torrey Smith turned in a sub par year on his own team when they wanted to make him the #1. Steve Smith who Carolina gave up on turned him into a 60 catch #2. Reggie Bush, who I love, and am excited about is 30+. I'd have rather one of the versatile backs in this draft frankly. Fingers crossed
Originally posted by davidboutte:

My WR rankings: 1. Cooper 2. White 3. DGB 4. Strong 5. Breeland 6. Parker

Who is Breeland?

I THINK WE HAVE 5 STARTING CALIBER D LINEMAN
DORSEY
WILLIAMS
TANK
DIAL
JEROD-EDDIE
AND MIGHT HAVE J SMITH BACK
Share 49ersWebzone