There are 207 users in the forums

A More Balanced Mock

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Very nice mock with value all the way through. Couple of questionable characters in Peters and Clark, but they are talented players. Would be a stretch on the PR side, but not on the field. Would not be upset with this draft class.

Thanks man. Yeah definitely hear you with the pr stuff. But York needs to backtrack from that stance a little bit. He pigeonheld the franchise w those comments and now every little incident will pressure them to do something about it.

The sad part is that he only said it because he couldn't think of a better reason to give the people as to why he fired Harbaugh.
At first, I was not really sold on Devin Smith, but having that kind of speed on offense would be very intriguing. Defenses would have to account for the speed for everyone deep, and with that happening, that opens things underneath for Hyde/Bush/Hunter, or even have Kap take off and have nobody near him. Good mock.
[ Edited by TheRathman44 on Apr 15, 2015 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Peters is better than Wayne's in that he is a more sure tackler, he's miles better at run support, and he attacks the ball better.

And I'm sorry but Devin isn't a one trick pony. People need to understand that he had to stretch the field for Ohio because there was no one else that could. He had to fill that role and he did it superbly. I mean the kid beat every coverage he faced and would torch them w the deep pass. It was working, so why would they stop.

If you see the Michigan State tape you'll see some of his other attributes.

Thanks for the feedback.

Some see speed and think vertical...whereas speed can be just as effective in crossing routes and once speed is respected, it opens up the shorter stuff!

Yeah here's Devin answering the questions about his routes. he pretty much reiterated my thoughts. It;s the 1st question they ask him.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
There ya go!

• I'm a Peters fan, I love the passion he brings and he could be a stud press-corner. (like you said if Parker falls he needs to be the pick)
  • I've been on the Smith bandwagon for a while, I think he can learn a lot from our WR coach about route-running....baalke has talked a lot about adding speed. He scored a TD every 3 times he touched the ball, that's a play maker to me
  • Dawson just makes plays and working with Bowman can only make him a better player and teammate.
  • Smith would be a steal, in my book. Frank has a ton of issues, but it's our comp pick and worth the risk IMO (he might go later than this)
  • Magee most likely doesn't last until the 6th and I'd like him in the 5th over Mayle.
  • Bobby Richardson is a sleeper IMO and I love his length,motor, and monster hands. He would help in a rotation. He might go higher than the 7th.

One thing I would change is maybe moving up in the 5th for Magee and grabbing Smelter in the 6th. DeAndre would have a full year to get healthy and learn, I think he has a ton of upside.

Overall one of the best mocks I've seen good job man

Glad you liked the mock. Yeah Smith is definitely the receiver i want the 49ers to target if they don't get one of the big three. Funny thing is that i debated about switching Mayle, but i felt Mayle would be gone sooner. Thanks man!
Originally posted by TheRathman44:
At first, I was not really sold on Devin Smith, but having that kind of speed on offense would be very intriguing. Defenses would have to account for the speed for everyone deep, and with that happening, that opens things underneath for Hyde/Bush/Hunter, or even have Kap take off and have nobody near him. Good mock.

Yeah, exactly. The lanes it would open for the running game is just scary. And if they keep a spy for Kap, that only opens up the slot. The play action would be deadly with Devin.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
Very nice mock. I'm beginning to think you can't pass up Peters @ 15. But if Shelton is still there... yikes?

I've thought about it and it's very intriguing to go after Shelton if hes there, but I think that's a long shot. But if he is then all bets are off. He can go Shelton, Peters, or Armstead. I think those are the guys he's eyeing.
No way Dawson is there in the 3rd, while Smith probably will be. Swap Dawson and Smith and it'd be more realistic imo.
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
No way Dawson is there in the 3rd, while Smith probably will be. Swap Dawson and Smith and it'd be more realistic imo.

I reasoned that while Paul Dawson could possibly be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd, Devin will most certainly be gone. The consensus is that Dawson could go as early as the very late 2nd round, but can go as late as the late third, early fourth.

Devin is a surefire 2nd round pick. Is it really unfathomable that Dawson slips down some thirteen picks? If anything, what I can see happening is some team trades up ahead of the 49ers in the third and takes him.
I like this one
Might be a little to high for Peters with 15th.

Excellent balanced mock. Maybe we don't fill a need at de but we already have dockett and dial and Dorsey even if smith retires

Since we already have our swing tackle in pears I think that 4th round pick may be used on a RB instead and the 6th round pick maybe ol
Share 49ersWebzone