LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 139 users in the forums

Who do you think will be the BPA for the 9ers in the first three rounds?

Assuming* that the 9ers don't try to move up or down in the draft and that they are simply going with best player available at their pick in the first three rounds, who do you think might be the BPA in those rounds? Actually, it's pretty hard and unrealistic to come up with one name for each round that might be BPA when the 9ers pick, so what three players you think might be reasonably considered BPA that will probably actually be available when the 9ers pick in each of the first three rounds? Out of those three for each round, who would you prefer?

I realize that as you move into deeper rounds it keeps getting harder to anticipate who is likely to still be available, but I'm just curious what people think.

*Assumed only for the sake of discussion, not because I think it is likely to be what they do.

Mods: I don't post to this forum much, so if this is an inappropriate posting or should have been posted in an already existing thread, then please lock it or move it to that other thread.
ROUND 1

Marcus Peters
Dorial Green Beckham
Andrus Peat

I would go with Peters. I think he's the best corner in the draft. I don't think Baalke could resist grabbing the best corner in the draft if he's there at 15.

ROUND 2

Stephone Anthony
Jordan Phillips
Devin Smith

I would lean towards Anthony, and not just because of glaring need. I think it's the best value.

ROUND 3

Tre McBride
Mario Edwards
Kuandijo

I like McBride. Underrated receiver.
Yay yet another BPA thread just what we needed
Originally posted by ivanm05:
ROUND 1

Marcus Peters
Dorial Green Beckham
Andrus Peat

I would go with Peters. I think he's the best corner in the draft. I don't think Baalke could resist grabbing the best corner in the draft if he's there at 15.

ROUND 2

Stephone Anthony
Jordan Phillips
Devin Smith

I would lean towards Anthony, and not just because of glaring need. I think it's the best value.

ROUND 3

Tre McBride
Mario Edwards
Kuandijo

I like McBride. Underrated receiver.

It will be interesting if Stephone Anthony is available in the second round when the 9ers pick to see if they take him. Thanks.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yay yet another BPA thread just what we needed

Sorry. Like I said in the OP, if this is too much like another thread, I certainly understand if the mods lock it or move it.
The BEST player available in the first will probably be Todd Gurley, RB Geogia. Now whether they take him at #15, is another question. I would draft him. We could use another good RB for a running team.
Second and third options are hard to see unless we trade back. Maybe Jalen Collins CB LSU? Might be a little high at 15? If DeVante Parker WR Louisville were there perhaps you grab him.
In the second I would love if Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest was available. He is prognosticated to be drafted around #46. If not, maybe Paul Dawson ILB TCU
Fills a need, also Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson.
For the third round, someone like Tyler Lockett WR Kansas ST might be a fit for the slot and maybe a return guy? Maybe Phillip Dorsett WR Miami?
If we don't go CB in round 1, then I'm really hoping Byron Jones is available for our second round selection. I have a feeling he might be gone by then though.
Don't think you can guess BPA beyond the first round. Just too many unknowns
You never know what happens in the mind of Trent Baalke. I'm getting addicted to playing these draft simulators. Sure it's a simulator but if you play it enough, trends start to appear. So the three guys that we typically have to choose from at #15 would be Davante Adams, Danny Shelton and now Randy Gregory.

So If I'm Baalke, if Shelton is there, he's my pick. If not, I'm trading back to top of the second to amass more picks. What this allows us to target two of: DGB, Byron Jones, Jalen Collins, Eddie Goldman, Carl Davis, Marcus Peters and a slew of the inside LBs. Sure not all will be there but many will.

Just think there is a ton of value in the second round this year.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Gurley is going earlier, but if he wasn't hed be bpa by 1000%
[ Edited by xcfan on Apr 22, 2015 at 6:06 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone