LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Grade the 49ers 2012 Draft [3 years later]

Grade the 2012 draft class:
Bwhahahahahahahahaha!
Draft ninja my foot. Alshon Jefferies was the obvious pick.
2012 draft class - sucked.

This thread - sucks even more.

This has been rehashed soo many times. Really?

This is the draft that everyone grades Baalke on, don't curr about his other drafts. 2012 is reason enough to say Baalke sucks, forget his other drafts and forget that he always finds diamonds in FA

This thread should be loads of fun
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Apr 13, 2015 at 6:26 AM ]
If these players still playing on other teams should factor in as well.
Cam Johnson was a good value for the 7th round at least...
This draft was sooo bad. Especially when you look at Seattle's draft:

1, Bruce Irvin
2, Bobby Wagner
3, Russell Wilson
6, Jeremy Lane

Worst draft in our history and best draft in theirs.
Still don't understand how the 2012 Draft was sooooooooo bad. Was the whole FO stoned? I didn't like it at the time, and it just gets worse the more time that goes by.

Embarrassing.
We are going to just start feeling the effects of that horrendous draft.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
In the 2012 draft the team tried to change their philosophy - draft speed instead of power. One player was just a bad player (Jenkins), the other really never found a niche in our offense (LMJ).

Hard to go above A- because of how little they got out of Trenton Robinson. Outside of that, nothing to complain about.

A-
Originally posted by islavistan:
This draft was sooo bad. Especially when you look at Seattle's draft:

1, Bruce Irvin
2, Bobby Wagner
3, Russell Wilson
6, Jeremy Lane

Worst draft in our history and best draft in theirs.

But then again you could make the same argument by comparing their 2013 draft class (in which they netted all of a 3rd strong RB, a second string TE, and a 5th string CB) to our 2011 class in which we got Aldon Smith, Colin Kapernick, Chris Culliver, Bruce Miller, Daniel Kilgore and Kendall Hunter.
Got to give Baalke a Mulligan on this turd. It was a very tough year to grade. Here was my collection of picks. You can reference this by doing an advanced search or click on the link

As for my draft board, based on my best player available board, in a straight up, no trade draft, I had:
Round One- Peter Konz, C/G
Round Two- Mohamed Sanu, WR
Round Three- Brandon Thompson, NT
Round Four- Malik Jackson, DE
Round Five- Vick Ballard, RB
Round Six- Antonio Allen, SS
Round Seven- Derrius Brooks, CBRead more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165469-maddogs-niners-draft-grade-analysis/#Qbp6rHhLv3zGqAeB.99

Konz has been a mess, and may or may not start this year for Atlanta at center. Sanu played very well for Green when he was out, and is the Bengals number two. Thompson should start this year as the NT for the Bengals. I hit a home run on Jackson, who has been very good for the Broncos. Ballard was a rookie stud, got hurt, beat the crowd to start again, got hurt, and we will see when he comes back. Allen started last year for the Jets for part of the year, but was largely ineffective. Brooks is out of the league. Six of the seven guys are still on an NFL roster, but this does not match my top two picks in 2011 with Watt and Rodney Hudson.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone