LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

Elephant Haley's 2015 Mock Draft 2.0

I like it,
I don't see why they draft a RB in the 4th round. maybe draft an OL in the 4th.
I really like it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if Parker fell to us at #15.
Originally posted by dlance:
I like it,

We don't need an OL in the 4th, because we're getting a 2nd/3rd round OL in the 7th round.

If we go OL there, it's probably Mitch Morse, Andrew Donnal, or Rob Havenstein. There's almost no shot Ogbuehi is there in the 4th, but maybe Marpet falls there.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by dlance:
I like it,

We don't need an OL in the 4th, because we're getting a 2nd/3rd round OL in the 7th round.

If we go OL there, it's probably Mitch Morse, Andrew Donnal, or Rob Havenstein. There's almost no shot Ogbuehi is there in the 4th, but maybe Marpet falls there.

Yeah we could probably put Jeremiah Poutasi and Corey Robinson on that list of OT in the 4th or later that we will be checking out as well.
I really hope we draft CB Trae Waynes from Mich St. in the first rd if available and then address the LB position in the 2nd. We can get a very good WR in the 3rd. The WR class is very deep this year. I might even wait til the 4th and go after an OL or DL in the 3rd
Originally posted by niko13:
I really hope we draft CB Trae Waynes from Mich St. in the first rd if available and then address the LB position in the 2nd. We can get a very good WR in the 3rd. The WR class is very deep this year. I might even wait til the 4th and go after an OL or DL in the 3rd

Who are some "really good" WRs that will be their in the 3rd or later? This WR draft class isn't as deep as some people say. I don't really see anyone in the 3rd and beyond that would be a step up from Ellington/Patton.Smith isn't a #1 and Boldin is in his last year, I doubt SF pays him $6+ million next year with Smith/Boone/VD etc all looking to get paid as well.

I'd rather go 3rd or later at ILB. We still have some of the best LBs in the game, and MW/BO played well together. I wouldn't be surprised if Baalke signed Briggs/Wheeler after May 12th for more added depth.
I got so excited to see this draft. This is EXACTLY (in first three rounds what I would want)!!

Round 4, RB, swtich out for EDRE Oloma CB, he would be a steal in the fourth round,.

Other than that, great job.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who are some "really good" WRs that will be their in the 3rd or later? This WR draft class isn't as deep as some people say. I don't really see anyone in the 3rd and beyond that would be a step up from Ellington/Patton.Smith isn't a #1 and Boldin is in his last year, I doubt SF pays him $6+ million next year with Smith/Boone/VD etc all looking to get paid as well.

I'd rather go 3rd or later at ILB. We still have some of the best LBs in the game, and MW/BO played well together. I wouldn't be surprised if Baalke signed Briggs/Wheeler after May 12th for more added depth.
Sammie Coates, Tyler Lockett, Devin Funchess, Ty Montgomery, Stefon Diggs, Tony Lippett, Justin Hardy and Rashad Greene all have a good chance at not being drafted before the 3rd rd.
Originally posted by niko13:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sammie Coates, Tyler Lockett, Devin Funchess, Ty Montgomery, Stefon Diggs, Tony Lippett, Justin Hardy and Rashad Greene all have a good chance at not being drafted before the 3rd rd.

Minus Lockett I don't see a single player you mentioned as a "upgrade" to Ellington/Patton. Enough with waiting in the draft to pick up a developmental WR. How many more would you like SF to draft?

Since Baalke has been GM (4 yrs) these are his WR picks:

Williams-6th
Johnson-6th
AJ-1st (30th)
Patton-4th
Ellington-4th

Minus AJ we haven't touch WR in the draft. We have plenty of project WRs, but don't have a #1 that can come in to take over for Boldin next year. I'm tired of grabbing old vets in FA or having to pay for them when we can resign our own players.

Love the 1st two picks
Share 49ersWebzone