There are 267 users in the forums

MadDog49er Best Board Offense Plus Notes April 11

Early rounds are going to be BPA, but you can guarantee that there will be a back, OL and DB taken in the later rounds.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Carl davis at 15? Seems like a bit of a reach. I don't see Boone taking a back seat, especially since we paid him.
Could be traded or he will be indeed a quality-backup at RG/RT/LT.
Originally posted by communist:
Carl davis at 15? Seems like a bit of a reach. I don't see Boone taking a back seat, especially since we paid him.
Could be traded or he will be indeed a quality-backup at RG/RT/LT.

Yeah if he's traded it changes the whole draft. I don't see how Boone all of a sudden becomes a backup to a unproven rookie though. He started playing well towards the end of the season ( graded out positive in PFF for 2014) and losing davis on the right side didn't help him. The line needs to get healthy the talent is there. Backup swing tackle makes more sense to me in this draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM ]
tick, tick, tick.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
tick, tick, tick.

boom?
MD, would Erving start over Kilgore, who played pretty well before he got hurt?

BTW, look forward to reading all your analyses!
In conclusion the niners will and should select at 15 Brandon Scherff to be our probowl Guard of the future if the NY Giants pass on him at 9?

Seems like a perfect fit for us. Dude even played through a meniscus injury in September and still played at high level.
Originally posted by 49deeznutz:
In conclusion the niners will and should select at 15 Brandon Scherff to be our probowl Guard of the future if the NY Giants pass on him at 9?

Seems like a perfect fit for us. Dude even played through a meniscus injury in September and still played at high level.

Sherriff would be a great pick and a steal. Doubt he's there, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take him if he is.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The latest on Winston is a 2nd woman is about to come forward to accuse him of sexual assault. Not sure if she's affiliated with 1st accusation (for which he wasn't charged) or a separate incident. I'm sorry but it's becoming too much with this guy, even if he ultimately isn't charged again. Wouldn't touch this guy with a 50-ft pole if I was Buccaneers. Just go the safe route and pick Mariota. Winston seems to be able to mentally compartmentalize things both good and bad without letting one affect the other i.e. his ability to perform well on the field while simultaneously doing stupid things off it. That may last for a while but at some point they start affecting each other. It's a trait commonly associated with sociopathic criminals (not saying he's that). They get away with their crimes for a pretty long time but eventually get caught in most cases.

You sound as silly as the woman with the false allegation's lawyer lol. U and MadDog got some issues smh
The boy is a stud on the field. Shoplifting and yelling internet memes wont be an issue.
Matt Ryan had 19 picks as a senior too MadDog.
Originally posted by 49deeznutz:

All my buddies are die hard Giant fans and none of them what Scherff, in there eyes 9 is too high for a guard. Peat has been talked about as a possible pick because he can play tackle.I doubt Scherff makes it to us,... I really want to see what Thomas can do at LG. I haven't heard anything that suggest he won't be ready to roll for training camp.

I just don't see guard as a top 15 pick, when we have two young OT waiting in the wings.

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for thetruthhurts.
Originally posted by DBCoop:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The latest on Winston is a 2nd woman is about to come forward to accuse him of sexual assault. Not sure if she's affiliated with 1st accusation (for which he wasn't charged) or a separate incident. I'm sorry but it's becoming too much with this guy, even if he ultimately isn't charged again. Wouldn't touch this guy with a 50-ft pole if I was Buccaneers. Just go the safe route and pick Mariota. Winston seems to be able to mentally compartmentalize things both good and bad without letting one affect the other i.e. his ability to perform well on the field while simultaneously doing stupid things off it. That may last for a while but at some point they start affecting each other. It's a trait commonly associated with sociopathic criminals (not saying he's that). They get away with their crimes for a pretty long time but eventually get caught in most cases.

You sound as silly as the woman with the false allegation's lawyer lol. U and MadDog got some issues smh
The boy is a stud on the field. Shoplifting and yelling internet memes wont be an issue.
Matt Ryan had 19 picks as a senior too MadDog.

Jameis, Is that you ? Great job MadDog. Thanks for all of the time you put in to this. We draft junkies appreciate it greatly. How close are Crowder, Titus Davis and Funchess to your top 10 ?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have take Winston off my board entirely for off the field issues. Like Johnny Manziel last year, I feel he is also a potential disaster on the field.

Jamies had nothing remotely close to Manziel's alcohol and substance abuse issues. Not accurate
Thanks for putting in the man hours great write up

Sounds like there are some solid OG through out the draft which is nice, what are your thoughts on Robinson in the later rounds? He's a mountain of a man and started at LT all year for SC....might make a good swing tackle.

I watched the Peters vs Strong game and agreed with everything you said, he looks like a press-corner all the way. I'm warming up to Strong he reminds me of Boldin with some crazy leaping ability. I'm a fan of Lockett and I could see him eating up the LOB with his quickness/route-running, just not sure Kap is accurate enough.

I'm on the move up bandwagon for either a top WR on Shelton. What do you feel would help more, move up for a top tier player or trade down for more picks?

Just depends who is on the board. I'd hate to give up a second or third rounder to move up, unless it is someone special who begins to fall and he will still be gone before our pick.

Robinson could be picked in a wide area.
Originally posted by All22:
Love it!

We really need a Delanie replacement so what do you think about the crop of potential WR/TE combo players like Funchess or Waller or Smelter?

What are your thoughts on Chris Conley? His off-the-field qualities are top notch and obviously he rocked the combine but what do you think of his skill level?

I am not a fan of Funchess. He is not the hybrid I want on my team. Fourth round grade for me. Just length/red zone intrigue. Waller has some upside I like. He is a sideline runner only right now, but I think has a higher ceiling than Funchess. Smelter was their money man at GT. Whenever they needed a big catch, he was there. Possession receiver only.
Originally posted by bors:
didnt see fuchess from michigan anywere. any chance he avalible in the 4th

Don't think he makes it to the fourth. To me, that is when he begins to have value.
Share 49ersWebzone