Arm Length: 34 1/8" Hands: 9 7/8"
40 Yard Dash: 5.21 Seconds
Bench Press: 24 Reps
Vertical Jump: 32.0 Inches
Broad Jump: 109.0 Inches
3 Cone Drill: 8.16 Seconds
20 Yard Shuttle: 5.07 Seconds

Strengths:
A 20 year old with rare size. He has thick lower body and is rarely manhandled by a single block. Has the potential to play several positions along a defensive line including end in a 3-4. Has natural strength to leverage his gap and take on double team blocks. Improved hand usage from 2013 to 2014. Flashes ability to collapse pocket as bull rusher.

Weaknesses:
Will let pad level rise and doesn't consistently fire into blockers as expected. Lacks agility, very limited play radius, one dimensional. Slow-twitch player lacking passion and determination in his play. Struggled with fluctuating weight which ballooned up to 350 pounds at one point. Conditioning is an issue. Has had surgery on both knees including one for a torn meniscus.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/01/01/2015-draft-prospects-ellis-mccarthy-dt-ucla
[ Edited by Since07 on Apr 11, 2015 at 1:56 AM ]
Generally, I'm not very excited about DL with motor issues. Is he lethargic because he's fat, or is he fat because he's lethargic. Is it cyclic? You can't know if dropping the flab will fix him until you acquire him, and you might have already wasted the pick to find your answer. Guys don't just wake up fat one day.

edit: I'm sure Baalke will still be in love with the frame, base, and arm length.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 11, 2015 at 10:28 AM ]
CBS Sports has him as a 6th-7th round pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I heard some teams asked him if he would be willing to switch to the O-line. I say pass or only as a 7th round pick or UDRFA.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I heard some teams asked him if he would be willing to switch to the O-line. I say pass or only as a 7th round pick or UDRFA.

Yeah I read that too lol...he sounds super lazy.
Lazy p.o.s. with sense of entitlement and just wants to get paid. Natural ability alone didn't make him a consistent player at UCLA, he left before even putting out a lot of good game tape... and people think he's gonna start working hard AFTER he gets paid?

Worth a late round flyer, type of kid that needs to realize from jump that he wil be out of the league quick if he doesn't take his profession seriously,.. even then, probably not the kinda guy you would wanna re-sign after his rookie deal even if he DOES turn the corner.
Originally posted by LowerTheBoom:
Lazy p.o.s. with sense of entitlement and just wants to get paid. Natural ability alone didn't make him a consistent player at UCLA, he left before even putting out a lot of good game tape... and people think he's gonna start working hard AFTER he gets paid?

Worth a late round flyer, type of kid that needs to realize from jump that he wil be out of the league quick if he doesn't take his profession seriously,.. even then, probably not the kinda guy you would wanna re-sign after his rookie deal even if he DOES turn the corner.

Lazy is almost the nail in the coffin word for me when drafting lineman.
Wouldn't touch him if that is your take on him.

Such a waste of talent
Share 49ersWebzone