There are 236 users in the forums

did anyone else read si.coms latest mock?

They had us trading with the Raiders and selecting leonard davis, we would be giving up a lot I imagine, I didn't say what. I'd be stoked for him only if cowboy retires. Yet we always seem to find talent late. Thoughts?
Trade up for WR = fail.

Trade up for Leonard Williams. f**k it, I'm down. Our D would go back to elite.
If we trade up to #4 it better be for a receiver
Originally posted by Bustamante9er:
They had us trading with the Raiders and selecting leonard davis, we would be giving up a lot I imagine, I didn't say what. I'd be stoked for him only if cowboy retires. Yet we always seem to find talent late. Thoughts?

Won't happen.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Won't happen.

Our first, this year's second, and next years second for a dominate DE that many have at the top (or near) of their big boards?

I don't think it's that unfathomable.
[ Edited by BodhiPaddlesOut on Apr 9, 2015 at 7:37 PM ]
Lol, sorry guys I had his last name wrong, guess I was thinking about the o lineman. I personally would be against it, would like to stay at 15 and grab a cb
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If we trade up to #4 it better be for a receiver

Not sure if serious. There's not a single player in this entire draft that I would take over Leonard Williams for the 49ers. BRB, drafting a #2 or #3 WR for a team that is run heavy and ends up touching the football 3 or 4 times a game or drafting a monster 3-4 DE that could start for the next 10+ years.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 9, 2015 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Our first, this year's second, and next years second for a dominate DE that many have at the top (or near) of their big boards?

That would be too good to be true.
For DT Leonard Williams, I'm Down Do it. For anyone else its a hell no. I'd give up #15 and #46 and a 4th next year but nothing more then that. 49ers have holes this offseason. Stay put at #15 and take Devonte Parker WR.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
For DT Leonard Williams, I'm Down Do it. For anyone else its a hell no. I'd give up #15 and #46 and a 4th next year but nothing more then that. 49ers have holes this offseason. Stay put at #15 and take Devonte Parker WR.

Agree, but it may take more than next year's #4 and a #1 & #2 this year to move from #15 to #4 overall. If Niners stay put at #15, very likely Parker off the board by then. Niners go either Marcus Peters or Dorial Green-Beckham at #15.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

That would be too good to be true.

It would take this years first and second, next year's first and third. No way this happenes. I think williams is the best player in the draft, and would be ok with it, but teams that build through the draft don't do this and baalke collects picks not give them away.
  • mr_P
ehhh not a fan of this move
[ Edited by mr_P on Apr 9, 2015 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not sure if serious. There's not a single player in this entire draft that I would take over Leonard Williams for the 49ers. BRB, drafting a #2 or #3 WR for a team that is run heavy and ends up touching the football 3 or 4 times a game or drafting a monster 3-4 DE that could start for the next 10+ years.

This is why I usually only read Phoneix's posts in a long page of posts.

Williams is the best player in this draft and it isn't even close.
The fact he may fall to three and behind Winston and Mariota is appalling to me
They had us trading with the Raiders and selecting leonard davis

Trading up for a 36-year-old offensive guard would be a huge mistake.
Wouldn't hate the trade… but Baalke would need to nail some late round picks for depth.
Share 49ersWebzone