LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Diamonds in the rough

Name your late round flyer that could become the next Steve Smith or Alex Boone or James Harrison.

I've been studying the WR class this year pretty closely, and I've come away impressed with the class as a whole. There is definitely a top tier. I'm high on Cooper, White, Parker and Agholor. DGB is hard to place and risky (but could be a great value pick if he drops). But near the end of the draft, I'm looking at Antwan Goodley (5-10 207) out of Baylor. Here is a shorter guy with deep speed, but he is built like, and has running skills like a RB. This to me makes him stand out as someone who is a little different from the pack and could add versatility to any scheme. He has the speed to take the top off a defense, has the build to take punishment over the middle, and has the running ability to line up in the backfield like Randle Cobb (5-10 192).
Originally posted by Syxton:
Name your late round flyer that could become the next Steve Smith or Alex Boone or James Harrison.

I've been studying the WR class this year pretty closely, and I've come away impressed with the class as a whole. There is definitely a top tier. I'm high on Cooper, White, Parker and Agholor. DGB is hard to place and risky (but could be a great value pick if he drops). But near the end of the draft, I'm looking at Antwan Goodley (5-10 207) out of Baylor. Here is a shorter guy with deep speed, but he is built like, and has running skills like a RB. This to me makes him stand out as someone who is a little different from the pack and could add versatility to any scheme. He has the speed to take the top off a defense, has the build to take punishment over the middle, and has the running ability to line up in the backfield like Randle Cobb (5-10 192).

I'd hope Henry gets a look at him catching and signs off on them before we'd burn a pick on him. His hands are a real concern to me, but if our staff is confident they can coach him up, why not?

I'm interested in converting Jake Ryan from a 4-3 OLB to a 3-4 ILB w/us. I think he could gain a few pounds to take on more blocks, and I like his athleticism more than that of the ILBs who will be available after the 2nd.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'd hope Henry gets a look at him catching and signs off on them before we'd burn a pick on him. His hands are a real concern to me, but if our staff is confident they can coach him up, why not?

I'm interested in converting Jake Ryan from a 4-3 OLB to a 3-4 ILB w/us. I think he could gain a few pounds to take on more blocks, and I like his athleticism more than that of the ILBs who will be available after the 2nd.

As a midwesterner, I have watched Ryan. Always thought he was a very smart player and consistent. One of my favorites in this draft is Ben Heeney. Reminds me of Borland. Just a tackling machine. Probably a 4th or 5th rounder at the latest though
Here are some we've been looking at:

Shane McDermott C 6'4" 302
Darryl Roberts CB 5'11" 190 4.36
Tory Slater DE 6'5" 290
Ben Beckwith G 6'4" 317
Tavaris Barnes OLB 6'3" 275 4.85
Ryan Delaire OLB 6'4" 254 4.67
Devin Gardner QB 6'4" 205 4.50
Keon Williams RB 6'0" 238 4.58
Marcus Murphy RB 5'8" 198 4.61
Cameron Clear TE 6'5" 277 4.92
Da'Ron Brown YWR 6'0" 205 4.54
Ricky Collins YWR 5'11" 196 4.57
Quincy Forte RB 5'11 185 Lbs Eastern Washington

Clinton Gathers Central Florida Safety
Terry Williams | 3-4 NT
ECP
Ht / Wt: 6'0 / 329
Projection: 5th-6th

Williams measured in at 5-foot-11 7/8, 329 pounds, which means he's lost over 30 pounds from his 360 playing weight. He hoisted up 22 reps on the bench, and posted a vertical jump of 24 inches and a broad jump of 8-4.
[ Edited by Since07 on Apr 9, 2015 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Clinton Gathers Central Florida Safety

Think you mean Clayton Geathers, but yeah... big dude with 4.5 speed. 5th/6th rd, if available, would be sweet.

Others I would really like selected, if they ( and they probably will ) make it to day 3:

Kevin Snyder / LB / Rutgers
Adrian Amos / CB-S / Penn St
Laurence Gibson / OT / VT
Matt Lacosse / TE / Illinois
Ty Williams / WR / W. Oregon
Tyeler Davison / NT / Fresno St
Zach Wagenmann / OLB / Montana
Bryce Hager / LB / Baylor
Bryce Callahan / CB / Rice
Originally posted by Since07:
Terry Williams | 3-4 NT
ECP
Ht / Wt: 6'0 / 329
Projection: 5th-6th

Williams measured in at 5-foot-11 7/8, 329 pounds, which means he's lost over 30 pounds from his 360 playing weight. He hoisted up 22 reps on the bench, and posted a vertical jump of 24 inches and a broad jump of 8-4.

Been saying this for months.....
Darren Waller

6'6 and 4.45 speed.....yes please!

Rakeem Cato QB Marshall SR 53 Games 62.7% Passing 14,079 YDS 131 TDS 44 INT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFsxwciMao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n05xRojLuao
Originally posted by Syxton:

Jake Ryan thought is best thing I've heard all year, being big ten fan I've also been pushing Mike Hull from Penn State
Derrick Lott DT Chattanooga 6'4 315lbs

• crew
  • Veteran

+1 on Ryan, believe the difference between the backers in Rd2 and those in Rd4 is relatively small. I would pass on ILB in the 2nd and go with Ryan at the end of the 4th.
Tye Smith CB (very productive)
Jimmy Jean CB
Tray Walker CB (Maddogs guy, love his physicality)
John Crockett RB (put up huge numbers this past season, could be a good 3rd down project)
Akeem Hunt RB (had a great pro day, is likely to be drafted now. this kid is a playmaker)
Marcus Rush OLB
Share 49ersWebzone