LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Can't Resist Mock

Originally posted by ivanm05:
And Torrey Smith had 11 Td's. Stevie, Crabtree, and Lloyd had 8 combined.

And everyone wants to bring up 2012.. we're in 2015. We need to let that go. This is a far different team than that team, including Kap. He was fresh on the scene and defenses didn't know how to defend him.

I mean c'mon. Be honest... you're Balkee... you're there at 15. Parker, Cooper, and White are gone. Scherff Is gone. Maybe La'el Collins is there. Which offensive player are you drafting there? But Malcolm Brown is there.. Amstead is there. Marcus Peters is there. Maybe Shelton. Bud Dupree.

I know I would go Defense. But hey to each his own. If you think Beckham with all his problems merits the choice there, knock yourself out.

Nothing to let go...how about our new coaching staff actually looks at what worked for our QB in 2012? He actually ran more this past year than 2012 or 2013. He was great at read options, playactions, roll outs basically the same stuff wilson does. Having a WR that can actually get open would help any team especially ours because Kap isn't super accurate. I would perfer to move up for a great WR then reach for a 2 down NT. If the price ends up to high then move down for brown or peters. (I do like brown)

It's not even your 1st pick but your draft has zero offensive play makers dude....did I miss some amazing offense last year lol.

As far a smith, he isn't a go-to #1 WR that can bail your QB out or a big a third down monster like other #1s are. Old man Steve smith had more catches and yards then him. He is a great compliment but after whatching the playoff run the Ravens had to win the SB who did flacco go to when he needed a catch....Boldin not smith.

It's your mock just throwing out my two cents
Originally posted by NYniner85:
And Torrey Smith had 11 Td's. Stevie, Crabtree, and Lloyd had 8 combined.

And everyone wants to bring up 2012.. we're in 2015. We need to let that go. This is a far different team than that team, including Kap. He was fresh on the scene and defenses didn't know how to defend him.

I mean c'mon. Be honest... you're Balkee... you're there at 15. Parker, Cooper, and White are gone. Scherff Is gone. Maybe La'el Collins is there. Which offensive player are you drafting there? But Malcolm Brown is there.. Amstead is there. Marcus Peters is there. Maybe Shelton. Bud Dupree.

I know I would go Defense. But hey to each his own. If you think Beckham with all his problems merits the choice there, knock yourself out.

Nothing to let go...how about our new coaching staff actually looks at what worked for our QB in 2012? He actually ran more this past year than 2012 or 2013. He was great at read options, playactions, roll outs basically the same stuff wilson does. Having a WR that can actually get open would help any team especially ours because Kap isn't super accurate. I would perfer to move up for a great WR then reach for a 2 down NT. If the price ends up to high then move down for brown or peters. (I do like brown)

It's not even your 1st pick but your draft has zero offensive play makers dude....did I miss some amazing offense last year lol.

As far a smith, he isn't a go-to #1 WR that can bail your QB out or a big a third down monster like other #1s are. Old man Steve smith had more catches and yards then him. He is a great compliment but after whatching the playoff run the Ravens had to win the SB who did flacco go to when he needed a catch....Boldin not smith.

It's your mock just throwing out my two cents

Ok lets entertain your reasoning. Lets say we trade up in the 1st. To get Cooper we might have to go as high as 3, because I think the Raiders are taking him. If you want White or Parker, they can go anywhere from 5-12. Either way you loose your 2nd round pick. Now you have to address ILB in the third. The players you might want there may be gone. Bernardrick, Anthony, and Perryman are gone by then... possibly Dawson. And if you think we have a bigger need for a WR than a linebacker then I don't know what to tell you.

You said it yourself, Kaep is great with the read option stuff, which what we strayed away from last season.

All I'm saying that our strength is defense, and I rather focus on that before it becomes a weakness.

Basically what I'm saying that our offense last year wasn't terrible because we didn't have better wide receivers, it was terrible bc they were making Kap something he's not.
A WR in the first or 2nd isn't going to just magically change the offense. The WR class is just as deep as last year, and there can be some great WR's had later in the draft. Dezmin Lewis is no joke. And there's others, not just Lewis. Look at a Kenny Bell, at a Chris Conley.

I just get tired of all you guys thinking that all is lost if it's not Cooper or Parker... I mean, for one they won't be there, and two, I don't trust Baalke going WR early in the draft. This team isn't lacking as much on offense as many want to pretend. A lot of QB's can win a lot of games with the weapons this team has. It's not the weapons. It all comes down to good line play and an improved Kap.
Ok lets entertain your reasoning. Lets say we trade up in the 1st. To get Cooper we might have to go as high as 3, because I think the Raiders are taking him. If you want White or Parker, they can go anywhere from 5-12. Either way you loose your 2nd round pick. Now you have to address ILB in the third. The players you might want there may be gone. Bernardrick, Anthony, and Perryman are gone by then... possibly Dawson. And if you think we have a bigger need for a WR than a linebacker then I don't know what to tell you.

You said it yourself, Kaep is great with the read option stuff, which what we strayed away from last season.

All I'm saying that our strength is defense, and I rather focus on that before it becomes a weakness.

Basically what I'm saying that our offense last year wasn't terrible because we didn't have better wide receivers, it was terrible bc they were making Kap something he's not.
A WR in the first or 2nd isn't going to just magically change the offense. The WR class is just as deep as last year, and there can be some great WR's had later in the draft. Dezmin Lewis is no joke. And there's others, not just Lewis. Look at a Kenny Bell, at a Chris Conley.

I just get tired of all you guys thinking that all is lost if it's not Cooper or Parker... I mean, for one they won't be there, and two, I don't trust Baalke going WR early in the draft. This team isn't lacking as much on offense as many want to pretend. A lot of QB's can win a lot of games with the weapons this team has. It's not the weapons. It all comes down to good line play and an improved Kap.

Maybe Oakland goes Cooper, maybe they go white, or maybe they go stud pass rusher. they aren't one player away from being great and they could possibly trade down especially if MM is still there

I don't think any of the LBs in this draft are great. all of them have their own problems. MW is the starter and his role as a 3-4 LB is to stay close to the line and stop the run which he was fine at last year. Was there a huge drop in play when MW/Bowmen were the starters? We've had two of the best ILB for years and how many SBs did we win? Most teams don't have one pro-bowl LB and we still have one of the best in Bowman.... I like Jones in the 5th from MSU for depth and possibly a starting role in 2016. Or we look for a better ILB in 2016 draft....you should also look at 4-3 OLBs as well, Bowman was a OLB at Penn St and both him and Borland were drafted in the 3rd (so there is value later). A big NO to reaching for a LB based on need, that's how teams stay bad....reaching for need (which Baalke doesn't do)

You can't solve all your problems in one draft. Maybe Trent only has 10 players with 1st round grades and thinks someone like Cooper/White/Parker are great WRs and worth the trade up?

We have had a top 5 defense for years and have no rings to show for it...I'd gladly have a top 12 defense to have a top 10 offense, balance wins games not having a top 5 defense or offense and 25th ranked defense or offense.

While I agree the scheme and injuries didn't help Kap. Your crazy to believe that any of our WR got constant separation. Like I said Kap can't throw the ball to a WR if they can't get open. Look at NY, that offense was awful and they have a horrible o-line, when OBJ came in it changed their whole offense. Someone like Cooper could do that. Helping our offense helps our defense as well. When your taking as many snaps as our defense did last year you get more injuries and the players wear down.

I will disagree the WR class is a deep as last year, that just simply isn't true. We have drafted TONS of late round WRs and what have we seen from any of them? ZERO nothing nada. I'm tired of hear everyone say we need to be a dominate defense and run the ball a ton, guess what we've done that for 5+ plus years and haven't won a thing. Baalke has drafted ONE WR in the 1st three round since being the GM and that needs to change. When the weapons can't get open then yes it is a problem.

So please think that adding a NT at 15 will magically make us a 10+ win team. I'm sure it will help put points on the board....we need balance not a one sided draft focused on defense.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 9, 2015 at 7:30 PM ]
This is my kind of draft, taking care of the D. Ian Williams is too much of risk with his injury history. Malcolm Brown plays with passion and a non-stop motor. Josh Shaw could be a steal.
Maybe Oakland goes Cooper, maybe they go white, or maybe they go stud pass rusher. they aren't one player away from being great and they could possibly trade down especially if MM is still there

I don't think any of the LBs in this draft are great. all of them have their own problems. MW is the starter and his role as a 3-4 LB is to stay close to the line and stop the run which he was fine at last year. Was there a huge drop in play when MW/Bowmen were the starters? We've had two of the best ILB for years and how many SBs did we win? Most teams don't have one pro-bowl LB and we still have one of the best in Bowman.... I like Jones in the 5th from MSU for depth and possibly a starting role in 2016. Or we look for a better ILB in 2016 draft....you should also look at 4-3 OLBs as well, Bowman was a OLB at Penn St and both him and Borland were drafted in the 3rd (so there is value later). A big NO to reaching for a LB based on need, that's how teams stay bad....reaching for need (which Baalke doesn't do)

You can't solve all your problems in one draft. Maybe Trent only has 10 players with 1st round grades and thinks someone like Cooper/White/Parker are great WRs and worth the trade up?

We have had a top 5 defense for years and have no rings to show for it...I'd gladly have a top 12 defense to have a top 10 offense, balance wins games not having a top 5 defense or offense and 25th ranked defense or offense.

While I agree the scheme and injuries didn't help Kap. Your crazy to believe that any of our WR got constant separation. Like I said Kap can't throw the ball to a WR if they can't get open. Look at NY, that offense was awful and they have a horrible o-line, when OBJ came in it changed their whole offense. Someone like Cooper could do that. Helping our offense helps our defense as well. When your taking as many snaps as our defense did last year you get more injuries and the players wear down.

I will disagree the WR class is a deep as last year, that just simply isn't true. We have drafted TONS of late round WRs and what have we seen from any of them? ZERO nothing nada. I'm tired of hear everyone say we need to be a dominate defense and run the ball a ton, guess what we've done that for 5+ plus years and haven't won a thing. Baalke has drafted ONE WR in the 1st three round since being the GM and that needs to change. When the weapons can't get open then yes it is a problem.

So please think that adding a NT at 15 will magically make us a 10+ win team. I'm sure it will help put points on the board....

I hear you, but Kap just isn't that type of quarterback. He'll never be an Aaron Rogers / Drew Brees / Rivers type of quarterback that is going to be slinging it all over the field to x amount of receivers. He's just not that type of guy. He showed it last season. There were more times than not where Kap had a receiver coming open and he just stubbornly locks into matchups he likes and goes there, no matter how tight the coverage is. Say what you want but he just doesn't see the field like other quarterbacks.

That's not to mean he's bad. He's just needs an offense that is simple, that cuts his reads to half of the field.

I just don't see how this becomes a top offense with Kaep and Geep Chryst. I have more faith in Carlos Hyde and whatever combination of running backs behind them than I trust Kap. I mean, sure he had a great first few games, but that's been it. He has regressed ever since. He may very well turn it around, but he need a healthy line more than he needs a receiver.

You used OBJ as an example but c'mon as much as people don't want to hear it, Manning is twice the quarterback Colin is. Not for a second do I believe OBK would have had the same numbers with Kap as his qb.
Who are some notable players who were available instead of Brown in the 1st?
I hear you, but Kap just isn't that type of quarterback. He'll never be an Aaron Rogers / Drew Brees / Rivers type of quarterback that is going to be slinging it all over the field to x amount of receivers. He's just not that type of guy. He showed it last season. There were more times than not where Kap had a receiver coming open and he just stubbornly locks into matchups he likes and goes there, no matter how tight the coverage is. Say what you want but he just doesn't see the field like other quarterbacks.

That's not to mean he's bad. He's just needs an offense that is simple, that cuts his reads to half of the field.

I just don't see how this becomes a top offense with Kaep and Geep Chryst. I have more faith in Carlos Hyde and whatever combination of running backs behind them than I trust Kap. I mean, sure he had a great first few games, but that's been it. He has regressed ever since. He may very well turn it around, but he need a healthy line more than he needs a receiver.

You used OBJ as an example but c'mon as much as people don't want to hear it, Manning is twice the quarterback Colin is. Not for a second do I believe OBK would have had the same numbers with Kap as his qb.

While he isn't a top 5 QB he does have to throw the ball and if SF didn't think he could they won't have paid him. If you think he locks on to one WR then you might as well give him one that can constantly get open and make plays with the ball like cooper can. Sounds like you hate Kap and don't think he can be a NFL caliber QB. If that's the case then it doesn't matter who we draft, you can't win in this league without a QB who can throw the ball.

I live in NY and have to watch mouth-breathing Eli every week. He is not a good QB and throws a ton of INTs which tells me he doesn't read defenses well...Kap doesn't throw a ton of INTs. Eli was playing piss poor until OBJ can along. He would make any offense including ours better and even baalke knew that.

Go look at Wilsons stats from 2014 and compare them to kaps they're very very similar, but Kap is regressing and wilson is a top 5 QB....why so? Seattle calls plays to their qbs strengths we didn't. But even Seattle knows they need play makers for wilson to throw to and traded for graham and draft Richardson in the 2nd last yr.

Everyone gets better when you surround them with better players...and if he needs simple reads then we need to get him better WRs that will make him better not the other way around.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 9, 2015 at 8:25 PM ]
I know I said my last mock would be the final, but as the title indicates, I just couldn't resist making another. I won't make the mistake of saying this will be my last one again.

Going with the spirit of the title, the following mock is my own personal dream/yet realistic scenario with can't resist prospects. Also, this is a straight up mock with no trades,

ROUND 1

MALCOLM BROWN - DT - TEXAS

This guy is just ferocious. Want to stop the run? Want interior pass rush? Want a guy that's going to immediately compete with williams and Dorsey for a starting spot? Brown is the guy.

ROUND 2

STEPHONE ANTHONY - CLEMSON - ILB

There's a lot of great linebacker prospects, but the more I look at them, the more I'm starting to prefer Anthony. Some have more coverage skills, some more instinctual, some bigger hitters... Anthony seems to have a little of everything. Doesn't lack much in any department.

ROUND 3

CEDRIC OGBUEHI - OT - TEXAS A&M

A big linemen that would have gone higher for his injury. I like him to become Alex Boone's possible replacement.

ROUND 4

Pick 1:

JOSH SHAW - CB - USC

Who knows how high this kid could've gone had he played this season. This would be tremendous value here in the 4th. He's not small, good against the run. I think he could play nickel and on the outside as well.

Pick 2:

DEZMIN LEWIS - WR - UCA

Small school. A ton of upside. I like this kid a lot. Him an Kenny Bell are my two favorite receivers to be had in the later rounds.

ROUND 5

LYNDEN TRAIL - NORFOLK - DE

This guy is just a monster. I would see it similar to the Lynch pick from last year. This guy is raw but has tremendous qualities. Tomsula would have a lot of clay to play with there.

ROUND 6

MATT JONES - RB - FLORIDA

I would be happy with him or Karlos from Florida St. in the later rounds but I like Jones the best. He runs hard and has some elusiveness. Could be solid in pass protection.

ROUND 7

Pick 1:

KYSHEON JARRET - SS - VIRGINIA TECH

Special teams. Depth. Has potential to really become something. Check him out.

Pick 2

BRYAN BENETT - QB - SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Fluid thrower. Athletic. Would be a 3rd stringer at worst.

another 4th round WR? wow ,not that the kid can`t play but, we have 2 already 4th round WRs just don`t see the need in your draft at the top end except anthonyILB,we need to address the FUTURE@ the WR position,too much talent @ the top of the draft to pass up for Brown which would not start and get very little playing time due to depth on the DL,,
Ivan...glad this isn't your last mock. It's really good...only a few things to say about it:

No issues w/Malcolm Brown...but, I'd take Eddie Goldman for three reasons. First is size...dude is one strong beastly DL. Second is versatility...played both DT and DE for FSU. Third may be the most important...he's a guy who could tie up 2 OL on just about every snap. He wouldn't necessarily need to come off the field on 3rd down, either...because he could be a monster in our hybrid alignment. Honestly, I'd be stoked with either Brown or Goldman.

Main criticism I have is there's no TE...this is most likely Vernons' last year w/Niners, and there's very little TE receiving talent behind him (Carrier may be the exception). Don't be surprised to see Baalke grab Clive Walford...dude's a real playmaker and worthy replacement for Vernon. It's really important to have a couple of very good TE's because with Torrey Smith and Jerome Simpson (not to mention Ellington & Patton), they'll have the ability to stretch the field, leaving a lot of room underneath for Boldin and our TE's.

The other is Shaw...I'm sure Baalke will want a better CB...maybe a bigger guy.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Ivan...glad this isn't your last mock. It's really good...only a few things to say about it:

No issues w/Malcolm Brown...but, I'd take Eddie Goldman for three reasons. First is size...dude is one strong beastly DL. Second is versatility...played both DT and DE for FSU. Third may be the most important...he's a guy who could tie up 2 OL on just about every snap. He wouldn't necessarily need to come off the field on 3rd down, either...because he could be a monster in our hybrid alignment. Honestly, I'd be stoked with either Brown or Goldman.

Main criticism I have is there's no TE...this is most likely Vernons' last year w/Niners, and there's very little TE receiving talent behind him (Carrier may be the exception). Don't be surprised to see Baalke grab Clive Walford...dude's a real playmaker and worthy replacement for Vernon. It's really important to have a couple of very good TE's because with Torrey Smith and Jerome Simpson (not to mention Ellington & Patton), they'll have the ability to stretch the field, leaving a lot of room underneath for Boldin and our TE's.

The other is Shaw...I'm sure Baalke will want a better CB...maybe a bigger guy.

I will have to disagree with Eddie Goldman. He had a horrible pro-day and strong and beastly he wasn't, the dude had 19 reps on the bench press vs Brown's 26. Yes I know the bench isn't the end all be all, but he graded out worse on everything and would have been bottom of the barrel among all the DL at the combine.

He doesn't look like a top 15 pick not even close. At over 330 lbs he will not be fast enough to be a DE in the NFL and produced zero in pass rush in college, so we can just stop with that. What TE in this draft is gonna play over VD or Vance? This is a horrible draft class and people will reach for them... any other year Walford and Williams would be much lower in the draft and neither can block (which is very important to SF).

I really hope you're not counting on Simpson to contribute anything, he isn't anything more than a camp body in case of injury, if he actually takes a spot over Patton then we know Patton has no future in this league.

While he isn't a top 5 QB he does have to throw the ball and if SF didn't think he could they won't have paid him. If you think he locks on to one WR then you might as well give him one that can constantly get open and make plays with the ball like cooper can. Sounds like you hate Kap and don't think he can be a NFL caliber QB. If that's the case then it doesn't matter who we draft, you can't win in this league without a QB who can throw the ball.

I live in NY and have to watch mouth-breathing Eli every week. He is not a good QB and throws a ton of INTs which tells me he doesn't read defenses well...Kap doesn't throw a ton of INTs. Eli was playing piss poor until OBJ can along. He would make any offense including ours better and even baalke knew that.

Go look at Wilsons stats from 2014 and compare them to kaps they're very very similar, but Kap is regressing and wilson is a top 5 QB....why so? Seattle calls plays to their qbs strengths we didn't. But even Seattle knows they need play makers for wilson to throw to and traded for graham and draft Richardson in the 2nd last yr.

Everyone gets better when you surround them with better players...and if he needs simple reads then we need to get him better WRs that will make him better not the other way around.

I don't hate Kap. I hope he becomes a great qb, but thus far he's given me more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic. Now, you've said it yourself, Wilson and Kap have similar numbers, but who's had the better surrounding cast as far as receivers? Kap by a longshot. Wilson makes more with less.

And as far as what they're paying him, there's a reason the contract is on a year to year basis. This is his make or break year, don't kid yourself. If he doesn't play well and doesn't lead the team to the playoffs he's gone.

And I'm not opposed to getting a WR in the first, but it has to be White or Cooper. And they're not going to be there, I'm not willing to lose a second rounder. Maybe if Parker is available around 12, and he can be had for a 3rd rounder or a 4th to move up.

But what's hindered Balkee is the Chris Borland retirement. There was no need for an inside linebacker in this draft and know there is.. and it's a high priority because we havn't seen what Navorro will be like. Everyone want to be optimistic about his return, and i do too but it doesn't always shake out that way. He's going to go linebacker early.

I mean maybe he goes WR in the 2nd and goes ILB in the third. But either way man, this team has bigger issues than a WR.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I know I said my last mock would be the final, but as the title indicates, I just couldn't resist making another. I won't make the mistake of saying this will be my last one again.

Going with the spirit of the title, the following mock is my own personal dream/yet realistic scenario with can't resist prospects. Also, this is a straight up mock with no trades,

ROUND 1

MALCOLM BROWN - DT - TEXAS

This guy is just ferocious. Want to stop the run? Want interior pass rush? Want a guy that's going to immediately compete with williams and Dorsey for a starting spot? Brown is the guy.

ROUND 2

STEPHONE ANTHONY - CLEMSON - ILB

There's a lot of great linebacker prospects, but the more I look at them, the more I'm starting to prefer Anthony. Some have more coverage skills, some more instinctual, some bigger hitters... Anthony seems to have a little of everything. Doesn't lack much in any department.

ROUND 3

CEDRIC OGBUEHI - OT - TEXAS A&M

A big linemen that would have gone higher for his injury. I like him to become Alex Boone's possible replacement.

ROUND 4

Pick 1:

JOSH SHAW - CB - USC

Who knows how high this kid could've gone had he played this season. This would be tremendous value here in the 4th. He's not small, good against the run. I think he could play nickel and on the outside as well.

Pick 2:

DEZMIN LEWIS - WR - UCA

Small school. A ton of upside. I like this kid a lot. Him an Kenny Bell are my two favorite receivers to be had in the later rounds.

ROUND 5

LYNDEN TRAIL - NORFOLK - DE

This guy is just a monster. I would see it similar to the Lynch pick from last year. This guy is raw but has tremendous qualities. Tomsula would have a lot of clay to play with there.

ROUND 6

MATT JONES - RB - FLORIDA

I would be happy with him or Karlos from Florida St. in the later rounds but I like Jones the best. He runs hard and has some elusiveness. Could be solid in pass protection.

ROUND 7

Pick 1:

KYSHEON JARRET - SS - VIRGINIA TECH

Special teams. Depth. Has potential to really become something. Check him out.

Pick 2

BRYAN BENETT - QB - SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Fluid thrower. Athletic. Would be a 3rd stringer at worst.

another 4th round WR? wow ,not that the kid can`t play but, we have 2 already 4th round WRs just don`t see the need in your draft at the top end except anthonyILB,we need to address the FUTURE@ the WR position,too much talent @ the top of the draft to pass up for Brown which would not start and get very little playing time due to depth on the DL,,

Just bc a WR is taken in the 4th, doesn't mean they're much worse than a 2nd, or a 3rd round wide receivers. Ellington would have produced just fine had they played the kid. How much has Patton seen the field. Those were all coaching decisions.

The round they're taken in have no bearing on how good or bad the player will turn out. C'mon man. The difference talent wise for these players sometimes is very small, but the round difference is big.

Look at Martavius Bryant for the Steelers. What round was he taken in? .. and he produced more than many higher WR's taken. He was the 2nd most productive WR for the Steelers behind Brown... why? because they played him.

All im saying is that dont fall under preconceived notions that early picked WR's are automatically better.

Biggest example is AJ Jenkins. I mean, a lot of people want to ignore that and say it was a fluke pick. That was a big sniff, I don't trust Baalke going WR early. I just dont. I have more confidence in him picking defense and offensive linemen early. That's where he excels.
I don't hate Kap. I hope he becomes a great qb, but thus far he's given me more reasons to be skeptical than optimistic. Now, you've said it yourself, Wilson and Kap have similar numbers, but who's had the better surrounding cast as far as receivers? Kap by a longshot. Wilson makes more with less.

And as far as what they're paying him, there's a reason the contract is on a year to year basis. This is his make or break year, don't kid yourself. If he doesn't play well and doesn't lead the team to the playoffs he's gone.

And I'm not opposed to getting a WR in the first, but it has to be White or Cooper. And they're not going to be there, I'm not willing to lose a second rounder. Maybe if Parker is available around 12, and he can be had for a 3rd rounder or a 4th to move up.

But what's hindered Balkee is the Chris Borland retirement. There was no need for an inside linebacker in this draft and know there is.. and it's a high priority because we havn't seen what Navorro will be like. Everyone want to be optimistic about his return, and i do too but it doesn't always shake out that way. He's going to go linebacker early.

I mean maybe he goes WR in the 2nd and goes ILB in the third. But either way man, this team has bigger issues than a WR.

I could easily argue that Kearse/Baldwin out played Crabs/Lloyd last year. Golden Tate is a baller and helped them win the SB as well (he had 1,300 yds and 100 catches this past season). Seattle also has shown they need to adapt and got Graham, drafted Richardson in the 2nd last year, and traded for Harvin.

Wilson isn't worlds better than Kap and we saw a perfect example of it in the GB game. They kept him in the pocket and he played down right awful. They shouldn't even made it to the SB, but GB blew it.

The main reason Wilson has been successful is because of the play calls. They give him read options, play actions, roll outs, easy one-read passes,TE chip blocks and any WR will get open when you can scrabble around for 7 seconds. Carroll even said they have designed scrabble plays because Wilson is great at it.

Kap was forced to stand in the pocket(which collapsed after 2 sec because of injury) none of our slow WRs could get any separation forcing him to get sacked, make a bad read, or throw the ball away....it's beyond me why they didn't play SJ more, he was the only one that created any separation consistently. He will have a good yr in SD IMO.

I am willing to give up a 2nd for a pro-bowl caliber player like Cooper. He is fast, runs amazing routes, and is constantly creating separation. He did all this in the SEC with Blake Sims throwing him the ball. Players like CJ, AJ, Marshall, Julio/White, Maclin etc all made their QBs better...not the other way around.

Baalke will NOT reach for a LB because there are no LBs in this draft that are down right amazing. He found Borland and Bowman in the 3rd, why can't he find one in the 3rd or 4th? He can also bring in more depth after May 12th. Pus they said Bowman will be on the field for training camp.

It's not always about needs it's about getting the best players possible in the draft...Cooper/White would be that.

Also everyone talks about getting back to being a stud defense and running the ball, we've been doing that for the past 5 years and haven't won a SB. We were fourth in rushing last year and 9th in attempt, plus we were the 5th ranked defense overall and we went 8-8. Balanced teams win the whole thing.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM ]
Yeah, the guy is first round talent. Only reason people had him falling to the 2nd, possibly the 3rd was because of his injury.
...and because of a down year in 2014.

I could easily argue that Kearse/Baldwin out played Crabs/Lloyd last year. Golden Tate is a baller and helped them win the SB as well (he had 1,300 and 100 catches this past season). Seattle also has shown they need to adapt and got Graham, drafted Richardson in the 2nd last year, and traded for Harvin.

Wilson isn't worlds better than Kap and we saw a perfect example of it in the GB game. They kept him in the pocket and he played down right awful. They shouldn't even made it to the SB, but GB blew it.

The main reason Wilson has been successful is because of the play calls. They give him read options, play actions, roll outs, easy one-read passes,TE chip blocks and any WR will get open when you can scrabble around for 7 seconds. Carroll even said they have designed scrabble plays because Wilson is great at it.

Kap was forced to stand in the pocket(which collapsed after 2 sec because of injury) none of our slow WRs could get any separation forcing him to get sacked, make a bad read, or throw the ball away....it's beyond me why they didn't play SJ more, he was the only one that created any separation consistently. He will have a good yr in SB IMO.

I am willing to give up a 2nd for a pro-bowl caliber player like Cooper. He is fast, runs amazing routes, and is constantly creating separation. He did all this in the SEC with Blake Sims throwing him the ball. Players like CJ, AJ, Marshall, Julio/White, Maclin etc all made their QBs better...not the other way around.

Baalke will NOT reach for a LB because there are no LBs in this draft that are down right amazing. He found Borland and Bowman in the 3rd, why can't he find one in the 3rd or 4th? He can also bring in more depth after May 12th. Pus they said Bowman will be on the field for training camp.

It's not always about needs it's about getting the best players possible in the draft...Cooper/White would be that.

Also everyone talks about getting back to being a stud defense and running the ball, we've been doing that for the past 5 years and haven't won a SB. We were fourth in rushing last year and 9th in attempt, plus we were the 5th ranked defense overall and we went 8-8. Balanced teams win the whole thing.

Perfectly said. Wilson's wrs played better and they had much better playcalling. None of the niners wrs get open consistently even though boldin is a beast on third down. We do need a great wr but knowing our luck, if we get one, we will lose him in 5 years (or t smith) bc we won't devote a large part or our salary cap to 1 position (besides lb).

I hope we get a great wr bc we need a better offense even if that means our defense slides to top 10 instead of top 5. Our offense won't be a three and out machine or fg machine or even a 4 point second half machine......wow.
Share 49ersWebzone