LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

DL - who to draft??

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Hey guys, so we all basically agree (majority) that DL should be the 1st pick if we stay put.

Below is the list of DL who I expect to still be available with the 15th pick.. Which one do you guys feel deserving the spot?

DE - Dupree

DE - Odighizuwa

DE - Rau

DT - Brown

DT - Armstead

DT - Goldman

DE/DT - Carl Davis
We do?
Uh. What? Lol. Why would we take a DL in the first round? That would be such a waste of a pick.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Hey guys, so we all basically agree (majority) that DL should be the 1st pick if we stay put.

Below is the list of DL who I expect to still be available with the 15th pick.. Which one do you guys feel deserving the spot?

DE - Dupree

DE - Odighizuwa

DE - Rau

DT - Brown

DT - Armstead

DT - Goldman

DE/DT - Carl Davis

Did you create a poll or are you just making things up as usual?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Does it look like a poll or does it look like I made it up as usual??
Most deserving

1 Dupree

2 Brown

3 Goldman

4 Davis

Armstead is a 4th rounder to me
I think we can get more value picking DL first, since we can go OL and CB later. However, we should try to grab a RB, WR and ILB in rounds 2-4 before anything else.
I feel like Davis/Goldman are equally good at different spots (Davis 5tech) (Goldman Nose). If I Williams and Dorsey were guaranteed to have healthy seasons I'd take Davis in a heartbeat. Unfortunately we can't predict what will happen.
^^^^^
But I don't really want either at 15. If we could trade back a couple spots and get either of these guys and another 3rd I'd be ok with it.

Originally posted by daragon:
Uh. What? Lol. Why would we take a DL in the first round? That would be such a waste of a pick.

A waste how so ??? No Ray Mac maybe no cowboy a 34yr old busted knee Dockett injury prone Williams and Dorsey ...A soft(IMO) Dail a nothing special TJE a baby football player in Okoye ...Tank is tha only one that has shown anything when he got a chance ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

A waste how so ??? No Ray Mac maybe no cowboy a 34yr old busted knee Dockett injury prone Williams and Dorsey ...A soft(IMO) Dail a nothing special TJE a baby football player in Okoye ...Tank is tha only one that has shown anything when he got a chance ...

Yeah, and if a meteor hits the defensive line's meeting room we're really in trouble.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

According to the zone our Dline is awesome. A projected top 10 pick would warm the bench on our team lol
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Haha, yep.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Possibly Dupree or Armstead, forget the rest.
Share 49ersWebzone