LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech

If you look at the offense it was that gimmick jr roman crap ...so his numbers are mis leading
what's misleading about driving a cb down field and jumping over his head or playing jump ball in the red zone? Gt kept him out on the edge in most cases and he either went deep or ran come backs where the qb would toss it up 10ft where no cb could defend it.
I dont even think we have to spend a 4th round pick on him we could possibly take him in the 5th.
Impossible Baalke takes someone we like
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Impossible Baalke takes someone we like

Just trying to keep some kind of hope but you are right we as fans get snubbed because Baalke loves to go against the grain.
We do our own little scouting on players we would love to have but we end up with players we never hear of or players we didnt want at all.

Can Waller be a hybrid tight end?

He's a very similar to Devin Funchess.
Get him ...now !!!!!!!
No Waller, welcome TE Blake Bell, don't we have another long limbed project TE on the roster named Vance McDonald?
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
No Waller, welcome TE Blake Bell, don't we have another long limbed project TE on the roster named Vance McDonald?

Waller is not a TE nor has ever played the position if we draft him we will line up at WR.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Waller is not a TE nor has ever played the position if we draft him we will line up at WR.

Okay coach

If you look at our TE's...beyond Vernon and Carrier, there's really not much receiving talent. At this point, I think McDonald's a bust...so Baalke took a TE with excellent hands and great size in Blake Bell. He'll need to be coached up WRT blocking, but they did the same thing w/Vernon early on. What makes the TE position more important than ever is the speed gained at the WR position...there should be a lot of room underneath for our TE's and Boldin to make a ton of plays. It's also the reason Baalke took Smelter...Daniel Jerimiah said he reminds him of Boldin and Mike Mayock agreed.
So the Ravens have Perriman and Waller to play with.

I can see Flacco throwing the ball down field already.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
So the Ravens have Perriman and Waller to play with.

I can see Flacco throwing the ball down field already.

But we have the faster on field speed guys in Smelter and T Smith, Perriman does not play up to His 40 Time and Smelter is the better Wr between Him and Waller,,winner..9ers.
http://uthdynasty.com/uth-insider/deandre-smelter-next-great-georgia-tech-wide-receiver/

read this link above very good info.
Smelter is our future No1 WR, the link above backs it up.
I think we george bushed this decision. shouldve gone with Waller.
Originally posted by 49glory:
I think we george bushed this decision. shouldve gone with Waller.

Lol. George Bushed. Does that mean a decision with no evidence to back it, or a decision made by your vice president?
Share 49ersWebzone