LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech

6'6" Height

33 1/4" Arm Length

238LBS. Weight

9" Hands

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/darren-waller?id=2552408

He could be a awesome red-zone threat for us. Draft him or Dezmin Lewis in the 4-5 round.

poor man's jimmy graham
Really like this guy. Didn't get a lot of opportunities at GT but has great attributes. Has a few red flags that could push him down in the draft. He's a poor man's DGB and probably 4th round material. Boom or bust candidate.
Have there been any updates on his pro day, individual work outs, etc?
DARREN WALLER 6'6" 238 4.46 40... Ok other than playing in GTs crappy offense I think hes a sleeper for sure and would add some much needed height to our wr line up. oh yea hes pretty fast too! Also because of his run first offense the guy can block with no problem. Why is no one talking about this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVGObWpWUg
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/darren-waller?id=2552408
Ty Ty Ty Ty finally someone realizes this
  • REB4
Why not? We've thrown away chances 5 years straight to get a game breaking WR. Why not toss a 4th round pick at him and hope it sticks. Would make more sense then some of the over reaches so far. You might even be able to make him a pass catching TE if all fails.
shhh...for this guy and smelter.
I forgot what thread i posted this but i said i have a feeling Baalke is going to by pass a top flight receiver in the early rounds n most likely end up drafting later in the draft someone like Waller.

Well the later part is 2morrow n i guarantee we end up with this dude come Tomorrow the fact they also met with him i figure he has to be the pick.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I forgot what thread i posted this but i said i have a feeling Baalke is going to by pass a top flight receiver in the early rounds n most likely end up drafting later in the draft someone like Waller.

Well the later part is 2morrow n i guarantee we end up with this dude come Tomorrow the fact they also met with him i figure he has to be the pick.
Agreed. He is totally raw but that's not always a bad thing. Sit behind Boldin for a year maybe two then turn him loose

I can see him lining up opposite Vernon at TE creating hell for defenses. Whos got baalke's number?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I sure hope you are right,this draft has me very disappointed in how things have gone.
I hope we get him... I liked what little I saw on the tape.
He is a wr is not a hybrid..if you look at his measurable same as dgb.
hes actually faster than DGB and not a head case...
Share 49ersWebzone