LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

April Mock Draft

This version seems much better and one we could be happy with. Seemed like we were reaching with almost each pick after rd 1. No issues with peters in rd 1 either.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
This version seems much better and one we could be happy with. Seemed like we were reaching with almost each pick after rd 1. No issues with peters in rd 1 either.

Still on the fence about an ILB in Rd 2, Anthony seems more like a project (instincts are lacking) and Perryman can't cover. I could see Baalke taking Funchess in the 2nd, then taking an ILB like Ryan or Jones with that 4th Rd comp pick.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crew:

79: R3P15 - WR Chris Conley – Georgia

[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 5, 2015 at 10:57 PM ]
When was the last time the Niners drafted a corner #1? Go back to 2002, "And with the 27th pick in the 2002 draft the SF 49ers select Mike Rumph". I think the organization needs another decade before taking a corner #1 after that selection. Say what you want about Baalke, the man can find a corner way down in the draft and save millions.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
When was the last time the Niners drafted a corner #1? Go back to 2002, "And with the 27th pick in the 2002 draft the SF 49ers select Mike Rumph". I think the organization needs another decade before taking a corner #1 after that selection. Say what you want about Baalke, the man can find a corner way down in the draft and save millions.

Other than CB, at #15 with the top 3 WR and Trae Waynes off the board, the only other positions of value left in the 1st Rd are OL and RB. Baalke is not going RB in the 1st, so other than Peters, his other choice could be La'el Collins if he wants to go OL (that is if Collins is still on the board).
I revised my April mock, basically taking Anthony in the 2nd, dropping Anderson & Conley down a Rd. and removing Ryan.
My final mock, Draft will be on us soon, will be interesting to observe what Baalke does, for I'm sure there will be some trade downs & maybe a trade up.

15: R1P15 - CB Marcus Peters – Washington

46: R2P14. - ILB Stephone Anthony - Clemson

79: R3P15 - DE Henry Anderson – Stanford

126: R4P27 - RB Javorious Allen – USC

132: R4P33 - WR Chris Conley – Georgia

143: R5P15 - OG Mark Glowinski – West Virginia

174: R6P14 - OLB Kyle Emanuel – North Dakota State

246: R7P29 - WR DeAndre Smelter – Georgia Tech

254: R7P37 - QB Bryan Bennett - Southeastern Louisiana

I hope they don't wait until the 4th to target someone on offense...I like Henderson and Peters a lot though. There's a ton of talent on offensive talent in the 1st 3 rounds and it would be a shame not to grab some

I'm not a fan of Conley at all...we have to think about next year as well, so would Conley be our #2 with Smith be the #1?
  • crew
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for crew.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I hope they don't wait until the 4th to target someone on offense...I like Henderson and Peters a lot though. There's a ton of talent on offensive talent in the 1st 3 rounds and it would be a shame not to grab some

I'm not a fan of Conley at all...we have to think about next year as well, so would Conley be our #2 with Smith be the #1?

I also like Dezmin Lewis in the 4th, would give the Niners some height at WR. Could see Baalke trading up in the 1st for Cooper or White if one of them fall to around 8 or 9. Raiders would have to take Williams at #4 and pass on WR. Then Bears at #7 would choose between Cooper & White (my guess is they take White), then Cooper would be there for the taking at 8 or 9. If Cooper makes it to 10, Rams are taking him. Baalke could also go WR in the 2nd Rd., either Funchess, DGB, Perriman (but doubt if DGB or Perriman make it to #46). Can't see them taking Devin Smith or Dorsett with Torrey Smith and Bruce Ellington on the roster.

I also like Dezmin Lewis in the 4th, would give the Niners some height at WR. Could see Baalke trading up in the 1st for Cooper or White if one of them fall to around 8 or 9. Raiders would have to take Williams at #4 and pass on WR. Then Bears at #7 would choose between Cooper & White (my guess is they take White), then Cooper would be there for the taking at 8 or 9. If Cooper makes it to 10, Rams are taking him. Baalke could also go WR in the 2nd Rd., either Funchess, DGB, Perriman (but doubt if DGB or Perriman make it to #46). Can't see them taking Devin Smith or Dorsett with Torrey Smith and Bruce Ellington on the roster.

I'm on board for a trade up for Cooper, he can do it all and we would have a great corp of WRs for a long time. I see the Bears going defense not sure how their o-line is either.

Trading up to 7 from 15 is equal to a 2nd this year and I would do that in a heart beat for Cooper
  • crew
  • Veteran
I'm on board for a trade up for Cooper, he can do it all and we would have a great corp of WRs for a long time. I see the Bears going defense not sure how their o-line is either.

Trading up to 7 from 15 is equal to a 2nd this year and I would do that in a heart beat for Cooper

I could see the Bears going with Shelton at #7 and waiting until beginning of 2nd Rd to take a WR.

I could see the Bears going with Shelton at #7 and waiting until beginning of 2nd Rd to take a WR.

right you said before that the Bears would look at taking White/Cooper

Let's face it the bears aren't one NT away from being good and they could take a extra 2nd no problem. Vic doesn't really roll with 330+ NTs either....but you never know.

No offense (my opinion of course) but you are picking guys way earlier than they are slotted to be picked -- probably averaging a full round earlier.

Not a fan of this draft -- the only player I like is Anderson but we can grab him in the 3rd or maybe even 4th.
  • crew
  • Veteran
I revised my April mock, basically taking Anthony in the 2nd, dropping Anderson & Conley down a Rd. and removing Ryan.
My final mock, Draft will be on us soon, will be interesting to observe what Baalke does, for I'm sure there will be some trade downs & maybe a trade up.

15: R1P15 - CB Marcus Peters – Washington

46: R2P14. - ILB Stephone Anthony - Clemson

79: R3P15 - DE Henry Anderson – Stanford

126: R4P27 - RB Javorious Allen – USC

132: R4P33 - WR Chris Conley – Georgia

143: R5P15 - OG Mark Glowinski – West Virginia

174: R6P14 - OLB Kyle Emanuel – North Dakota State

246: R7P29 - WR DeAndre Smelter – Georgia Tech

254: R7P37 - QB Bryan Bennett - Southeastern Louisiana

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
No offense (my opinion of course) but you are picking guys way earlier than they are slotted to be picked -- probably averaging a full round earlier.

Not a fan of this draft -- the only player I like is Anderson but we can grab him in the 3rd or maybe even 4th.

I readjusted my draft a little later and moved Anderson & Conley to the 3rd & 4th Rd. Selected Anthony in the 2nd, removed Jake Ryan. Feel that everyone is about where they are projected to go. Although I still feel that Anderson goes either bottom of Rd2 or top of Rd 3 and might not be there at Niners pick in the 3rd. I also like Dezmin Lewis in the bottom of 4th Rd and would be fine taking him instead of Conley. I have Smelter in the 7th, but wouldn't be surprised if he goes a rd or two earlier.
Share 49ersWebzone